Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Still undecided on which cut to go with... damn this is hard without the safety net of returns. Going from nearly skin tight to a slim cut, should I look to add a half or a whole inch to the thigh when laid flat?

depends entirely on how your jeans fit you now, and whether they've got a stretch component in the denim or are just straight cotton. half an inch laid flat won't make a huge difference - just depends on how much extra room you're after.

Black denim?! When did that happen??

Must have happened within the last day. I think I was on his site yesterday.

Looks good, I can't wait for more pictures. It also seems as though it's not a Special Roll.

Wow, black--holy shit!!

I just recently made my first raw denim purchase on a 15.3oz Mustang, but damn..I am now tempted to get black and have a rotation for two pairs of Ande Whalls--one indigo and one black.

The black denim has "natural weft"--does this mean 'natural' color, or natural as in the original white weft?  Considering how they're not double black warp and weft, I guess it's safe to say these are meant to fade, though slower than indigo as per usual?

Still undecided on which cut to go with... damn this is hard without the safety net of returns. Going from nearly skin tight to a slim cut, should I look to add a half or a whole inch to the thigh when laid flat?

Limbo, I made a similar transition--going from super skinny fit to the Mustang slim fit--myself for my first pair of raw denim.

One thing I would like to point out is that when measuring any pair of pants that has any elastane/spandex in it, I would advise one to view that measurement as slightly smaller than the actual measurement when worn, especially if the pants stretch even moreso when you wear them.

A half inch difference won't really equate to much.  A full inch, when laid flat, is actually a 2" difference (the measurements are doubled), and that can make the difference between a skinny fit and a slim fit.

I will point out that if you are rather large legs for your size (I have a shorter stature but I live at the gym, so for someone my height, my legs are huge), you must think very carefully if you are contemplating the Cobra fit.  I purchased the 27 Mustang and these fit great, but had I gone for the 27 Cobra--or even the 28 Cobra--I would not be able to get into them.  The Mustangs fit similarly to a skinny fit on me.

Here is a fit-pic of me, in the 27x30 Mustangs when I first received them, for reference:

http://imgur.com/NTz4uFZ

Edited by eXtremity03

depends entirely on how your jeans fit you now, and whether they've got a stretch component in the denim or are just straight cotton. half an inch laid flat won't make a huge difference - just depends on how much extra room you're after.

Nearly skin tight I guess, no stretch component. After enough room that they're comfortable to walk in but still want to maintain a slim fit. I tried taking some pictures of how they fit now.

E9qXpiC.jpg

Pretty much skin tight around the thighs.

udR6yot.jpg

J8l6FlM.jpg

Really want to get rid of this look... they appear to taper in at the knees and flare out again

Limbo, I made a similar transition--going from super skinny fit to the Mustang slim fit--myself for my first pair of raw denim.

One thing I would like to point out is that when measuring any pair of pants that has any elastane/spandex in it, I would advise one to view that measurement as slightly smaller than the actual measurement when worn, especially if the pants stretch even moreso when you wear them.

A half inch difference won't really equate to much.  A full inch, when laid flat, is actually a 2" difference (the measurements are doubled), and that can make the difference between a skinny fit and a slim fit.

I will point out that if you are rather large legs for your size (I have a shorter stature but I live at the gym, so for someone my height, my legs are huge), you must think very carefully if you are contemplating the Cobra fit.  I purchased the 27 Mustang and these fit great, but had I gone for the 27 Cobra--or even the 28 Cobra--I would not be able to get into them.  The Mustangs fit similarly to a skinny fit on me.

Here is a fit-pic of me, in the 27x30 Mustangs when I first received them, for reference:

http://imgur.com/NTz4uFZ

I'm really tall and thin but I find the thighs on the BSPs too tight to be comfortable. Not really considering the Cobra, trying to steer away from the skinnier/tighter fits and go for more of a 'slim with some room to breathe' kinda fit. Neither the BSPs nor the Andes have stretch fabric though?

I'm really tall and thin but I find the thighs on the BSPs too tight to be comfortable. Not really considering the Cobra, trying to steer away from the skinnier/tighter fits and go for more of a 'slim with some room to breathe' kinda fit. Neither the BSPs nor the Andes have stretch fabric though?

Not sure about 3Sixteen+, but AWD does not have any stretch fabric--all products are 100% cotton

UkeNo: Please post pictures of the black denim when they arrive! Really would like to see what they look like--as I'm sure the pictures on the website don't do them justice.

Edited by eXtremity03

Searched the thread but couldn't come up with anything. I understand that the jeans stretch in the waist. 

My thigh measures at 12 inches. 

I can comfortably fit in a pair of APC PS size 30.

Will they stretch in the thigh area?

What's a good cut close to the APC PS size 30?

^ you also need to bear in mind that the Ande Whall's will have a higher rise than APCs. If you sag them a little to wear the waist at a comparable height, the thigh will be even roomier as the whole top block will be shifted down.

Black Caribous have arrived! :)

B0QB2Df.jpg

vM7shHP.jpg?1

r9QWmkp.jpg?1

vfdK55d.jpg?1

Red & Black Selvage ID: The Black is unusual - Black-Charcoal Colour now (Raw).

I really like it. It should darken after a soak?

bO1uuVW.jpg?1

Black Stitching is very subtle. Hoping It should show through as the denim fades.

bLWhOYZ.jpg?1

DrR131l.jpg?1

NqSwjNH.jpg?1

udqMB5k.jpg?1

Bonus Poncho! Its very Cool in-hand!

p6xx8cw.jpg?1

The Denim has a soft hand at the moment. I might wear them unsoaked for a while.

I couldn't be happier with them.

Thanks Ande!

Edited by UkeNo

32 indigo. These are gonna be the only thing I wear pretty much, wearing my Flat Heads has become a chore.

Definitely liking the look of the black andes. Future purchase should they be a continued offering

My indigo Caribous are well worn now - best part of 2 years I think.

Still very comfortable.

Whats up with your FH's? Bored?

I appreciate wearing only a single pair can become a bit of a drag - especially if you don't have a couple of days off now and then.

I hope you enjoy them.

My FH's were fine until I gave them a hot soak a few months ago. They came out pretty tight in the thighs and never stretched back out so I just find them uncomfortable to wear now unfortunately :( It's a real shame because I do love the denim. But really, really looking foward to having some room to move again!

Looking at pics of people's pairs on here, it looks like Andes tend to end up with holes in pockets/crotch a bit quicker than FH/Sams/ect? Or am I wrong?

That's not been my experience.

I found that the denim softened up nicely and didn't rub away much in the crotch or pocket region.

I suppose it's all about how tight they are. Mine are a straight leg.

Perhaps those with the Mustang might have had that experience.

I suspect any holes on Andes are just from excessive wear.

Edited by UkeNo

My FH's were fine until I gave them a hot soak a few months ago. They came out pretty tight in the thighs and never stretched back out so I just find them uncomfortable to wear now unfortunately :( It's a real shame because I do love the denim. But really, really looking foward to having some room to move again!

Looking at pics of people's pairs on here, it looks like Andes tend to end up with holes in pockets/crotch a bit quicker than FH/Sams/ect? Or am I wrong?

different strokes for different folks

Hi, not too sure if I can link this here (didn't see anything in the rules about it, and this will be my only post), but I have a pair of Ande Whall Grifters #001 that I purchased back in 2008 that I'm selling. They're brand new (only been worn once, and for less than a couple of minutes). They are sized 30x34. I don't really know what they're worth now and what to price them now, but I'm pretty sure I purchased them for $220+. If anyone is interested, let me know!

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/152397-fs-brand-new-ande-whall-grifters-001-size-30x34-sanforized/