Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

^^ i got a bit confused since it is way diff from my usual size.. my waist measures 31", and i can get a snug fit with Naked&Famous Size28.

looking at the guide at the web, i should get either 29 or 30..

my fit in NF Broken Twill Skinny Guy

Pq8ouhk.jpg

kinda thight around thigh n top block, but snug on the waist.

if your n&f's measure 31 across the top then i'd go for whatever measures 30 (as they'll stretch an inch or more after wear) - just compare the thigh measurements though as that'll be what screws you. follow ande's measuring guide & you'll be fine.

Skinny guys are too skinny for me. But I know that the weird guys are 2" larger than their tagged size 34w=36w. AW are true to size so go with your appropriate waist, and see which AW model matches with a pair of jeans you own that you like the fit. Size down only if your in between waist sizes in the AW's. My $0.02.

i carry my iphone in my left front pocket and my wallet in my right front pocket...not that difficult...i keep things minimal.

Same here man, but I always seem to blow out my pockets :( Thanks though, I'll try to figure something out. I just don't want a clear outline of my iphone on my jeans.

I'm really not keen on phone or wallet fades.

Personally I like vintage fading and for me Wallet and iPhone shapes are not a good look.

I try to rotate between pockets. Meaning I move both my phone, wallet and key between pockets in order to keep the fades even.

I also decided a few years back that carrying a heavy thick wallet stuffed full of my entire life was not necessary, and so switched to a very minimal wallet - Tanner goods Card holder.

I now have about 5 cards/ID etc & cash - its slim.

Coins go in the pocket loose.

No Keychain for me either.

This has helped me avoid blowing any pockets or seams due solely to what I carry.

Cheers

Edit: Okisan beat me to it.

Edited by UkeNo

Hello dudes, hope all is good. Bit of a sad reflective day in ol' Christchurch today, it's the two year anniversary of the earthquake. I just wanted to thank all you guys again for your amazing generosity and help through a crazy difficult time. All the quake donations helped so much into getting the operation back up and running and I will be forever grateful!

Things are getting better in town, although at a fairly slow pace. The centre of the city is still cordoned off and buildings are still coming down, almost 1200 commercial's in all and thousands of houses in the suburbs. There are some new buildings going up which is a good sign though. I will be looking for a new bigger workshop later in the year when my lease runs out, my garage set up is pretty small! I loved working in the old one.

A few photo's of before and after

litchy1.jpg

litchy2.jpg

She's a bit of a wasteland in town. My new workshop/house is in green....a nice stroll down to the local boozer.

cityms.jpg

Kia'ora Ande and what up CHCH

Get well soon! Though I heard it's going to be 20 years...

Here's to 20 years of rebuilding CHCH and more building The Flying Jean

:)

Edited by gregornz

A bit of an x-post from the Contest thread:

Ande has designed another version of the Grizzly with an extra 2 inches on the sleeve - the Grizzly 'Long Arm Version'

He did say that the patterns are all ready to go but hasn't updated his Website with this option yet as he is waiting for a new denim roll to arrive. The reason why I have one already is because this is my prize for winning the Comeback Special Contest, unfortunately I can't wear it at the mo as I have a cast on my arm. As the guys have posted previously, this thing looks amazing, the craftsmanship is paramount with so many small details that I keep discovering.

Anyway - here it is:

awgrizzly.jpg

Thank you very much Ande, I look forward to wearing it once my wounds heal! (and once the weather cools down a bit)

Thanks Gregornz. It is going to take a long time indeed. I was in Auckland on mon/tues for the Stone Roses gig....was great to see some dirty old buildings and a normal city for a change. The gig was top notch, shouldaa got a lemon t-shirt. Did you go Chris? How did you break your arm fella?

Yeah they got back together after 20 odd years in the wilderness, they broke up not to long after Second Coming. I believe there were many millions of pounds involved in the reform. Ian Brown has a successful solo career, saw him play in Sydney a few years back. John Squire is an artist and Mani was playing bass for Primal Scream for ages.