Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Ande Whall Comp You Say......?

I'm always down with Ande for a Comp.

Anyone else up for it?

i'm going to hazard a guess & say it may be only a Thai/Indo thing. the info is on Darahkubiru and thats not a site that google translates too well. not sure on the set-up though - whether its OBC cuts in AW denim or vice versa, or something completely different. will keep my eyes peeled for more info

Haven't been in the forum for a while so sorry for the question if it has been answered before but what's the current difference between Ande's regular jean, the SR3 (Natural Indigo) and SR4. I can read the weights and details BUT slubbiness/colour? The Normal and SR4 look very similar in colour...

The SR3 looks absolutely amazing, really love the dark indigo and it doesn't appear too slubby...

Is there going to be another contest any time soon? Really would like a pair of Cobras and a comp would be epic to get me excited to wear them everyday! Not even a special contest jean, just a few of us ripping it up! Anyone interested?

Sorry about double posting but thinking about it, why not do an "Ande's 18 month Competition"? I think a year is too short and 2 years is too long. In my experience, my raw denim has generally lasted 14-18 months before they are retired or need major repairs. 18 months is pretty short and sweet while getting some mean fades. Also, if we started it in say April of this year, it would finish around September the next year... Gives us a few months to get finances together and get a pair. Any fit and any denim that Ande sells would be allowed which would make for a cool diverse comp... Thoughts?

the Heavy Weight comp starts in April so your chances of getting much interest would be slim.

i have a fabric sample of the SR4, and if i didn't already have a pair of iron heart 555's in the cupboard i'd get myself a pair. the indigo is an awesome shade, and the weight is just right.i think the fade on this fabric will show alot more blue than Ande's stock denim. it's still a pretty smooth denim, but it does have slight irregularities to it.

Hey guys. I have enough denim for one more pair of these vintage blues SR2's so long as they are 34" inseam or less. There must have been a bit more on that roll, so if anyone was keen and missed out etc. Have a cool day lads.

Ande, you definitely can't do a size 34 Cobra with 36 length in this denim (SR2)?

Edited by peacedoff

i'm going to hazard a guess & say it may be only a Thai/Indo thing. the info is on Darahkubiru and thats not a site that google translates too well. not sure on the set-up though - whether its OBC cuts in AW denim or vice versa, or something completely different. will keep my eyes peeled for more info

Thanks Okisan. I'll keep an eye out.

AxeYrCat those are looking near dirty! Man, kinda wish I kept them, THEN grow into them man!' :-P

It's only gonna get better as the days go by.

Plug: if anyone is looking for a brand new pair of 29"x 31 Ande Whall SR3's Indigos or want to trade for a pair of Mustangs or Wakefields, please PM me as I'm looking for a less slim size!!

Good call on the Caribous AxYrCat and thanks for posting pics! I'm happy they worked out for you and even more happy that they're being treated like they should!

km

An incident yesterday involving a commuter mug full of coffee, a sling pack with packages strapped to the back of it, and a long ride to work ultimately necessitated a rinse yesterday.

They're still drying at home.

I'm not particularly stoked about a rinse after only a month, but it was better than coffee stains and smelling like single-origin Guatemala for weeks.

Sigh.

An incident yesterday involving a commuter mug full of coffee, a sling pack with packages strapped to the back of it, and a long ride to work ultimately necessitated a rinse yesterday.

They're still drying at home.

I'm not particularly stoked about a rinse after only a month, but it was better than coffee stains and smelling like single-origin Guatemala for weeks.

Sigh.

Happens to my IH too.

Glad that you did a rinse, I tried washing it in its smelly juices and end up making the situation worst.

Ended up washing twice without detergent, and it still stinks.

Gave up and fed up, place some detergent, and some hard agitation.

Finally it smells good after that.

one year anniversary of my Cobra's. worn pretty much every day, with 2 washes along the way. colour is pretty accurate - love these things. they're due a repair in certain places, but i'm picking up a sewing machine this weekend to take care of that myself.

8449184517_6b131ce07c_z.jpg

8450273454_3a564cbe39_z.jpg

8449186385_fe028abb19_z.jpg

8450275590_33bde10ca4_z.jpg

8449192279_fa4eaa6e0a_z.jpg

8449193943_3029a17dda_z.jpg

8449195745_bbf7ba1b73_z.jpg

Beautiful pair! Working on my SR1´s and I´m at about 5 months of daily wear. Been rotating with other stuff to.

Great work on your behalf! :D

one year anniversary of my Cobra's. worn pretty much every day, with 2 washes along the way. colour is pretty accurate - love these things. they're due a repair in certain places, but i'm picking up a sewing machine this weekend to take care of that myself.

8449184517_6b131ce07c_z.jpg

8450273454_3a564cbe39_z.jpg

8449186385_fe028abb19_z.jpg

8450275590_33bde10ca4_z.jpg

8449192279_fa4eaa6e0a_z.jpg

8449193943_3029a17dda_z.jpg

8449195745_bbf7ba1b73_z.jpg

Fades are looking pretty badass okisan! Geez, really need to trade my pair for a different cut. All these AW's are driving me nuts!!

Guess I'll just keep killing my IH's until I unload mine...