horriblyjollyjinx

Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

@Broark picked up the same one this summer in Goteburg from Manufaktur... nice material and details eh... only sticking out of my back pocket so far...

Same story here, I’m not bold enough to wear it anywhere else I don’t think!

I'm thinking of going to the shops wearing it bandit style!  

I got both of the bandannas, they're works of art. I'm not sure how to wear them, either - not sure I can really pull it off. 

Maybe I should just embrace my Texas heritage and go full cowboy. :rolleyes:

I have a number of bandanas - all received as gifts and very nice - but have no clue what to do with any of them!

- classic headwear a la Steven Tyler/Axl Rose/Keith Richards and err... Captain Jack Sparrow 
- headwear with a twist like Tupac

- neckwear “David Essex gypsy”

- back pocket handkerchief code

So many choices, yet none of them seem the right one...

Ye ha!!!  Purely cosplay

IMG-20191022-WA0002.jpg

Mostly wear mine with a square knot around the neck. Think it works pretty great and gives a nice accent color to, for instance, jeans and a chambray shirt.

When I first met one of the Knickerbocker dudes in Berlin, one of them wore it the same way but with a melange crewneck sweater. Looked pretty neat that way too.

What’s a square knot Bobbo?

One of many ways to tie the bandana. Google is your friend Maynard. I'm too lazy tonight. :P

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I have a number of bandanas - all received as gifts and very nice - but have no clue what to do with any of them!

- classic headwear a la Steven Tyler/Axl Rose/Keith Richards and err... Captain Jack Sparrow 
- headwear with a twist like Tupac

- neckwear “David Essex gypsy”

- back pocket handkerchief code

So many choices, yet none of them seem the right one...

Back pocket is the correct answer; nobody does the kerchief code anymore or knows what it means. :P

Also, interesting to see the whirling log make more strides into polite society again. 

Edited by Iron Horse

9 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Back pocket is the correct answer; nobody does the kerchief code anymore or knows what it means. :P

Also, interesting to see the whirling log make more strides into polite society again. 

Both sound a high risk strategy to me!

1 hour ago, unders said:

Both sound a high risk strategy to me!

I too like to live dangerously. B)

I wear mine under my hard hat as a sweat barrier. 

Hey. I'll be visiting NY in a couple of weeks and was wondering if any stores in Brooklyn carry Yofukuten? Alternately, how about anywhere in Europe? Would really love to try these on in person. 

Sorry, I think you’re out of luck. S&S carries them exclusively in the US, and I don’t think they have any European stores that they work with.

^ Aye, just like Broark says, Standard & Strange is their only retailer outside of Japan.

Although I'm trying my best to convince Göteborg Manufaktur, haha.

And both the Yofukuten website and S&S seem to be completely out of stock... Kicking myself for sleeping on this brand for so long. 

16 minutes ago, Denimstoyevsky said:

And both the Yofukuten website and S&S seem to be completely out of stock... Kicking myself for sleeping on this brand for so long. 

It looks like Canvas Shop has some OA-02 in stock. Only smaller sizes, though, and I have no idea if they ship outside of Japan. http://canvas-shop.jp/

Like Broark said on the previous page, S&S will likely put online any jeans they didn't sell during the Santa Fe store grand opening. They will fly off the internet as soon as they're posted, so be vigilant and have your credit card locked and loaded.

5 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

Do I smell the next contest @Bobbo?

Would love to make a collab with Ooe! 

Would be great! Maybe it works after the current one with denimba 

Yeah I’d love to develop a contest with OA too. :happy:

GBG001 contest is running ;)

I think the fine folks over at Denimbro tried to organize a Ooe contest but this went nowhere and meanwhile the Denimbro forum itself goes nowhere...

Maybe I can reach out to Neil and get an interest check on their end. Don’t want to overlap too much with the GBG001 contest, but maybe if we get ahead of it we can plan something down the pipeline?

2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

…  meanwhile the Denimbro forum itself goes nowhere...

Hopefully Denimbro will get sorted... but if not there is always a home for the Denimbro fraternity here (I think many are ex Sufu contributors and still tune in now and again)… it'd be a travesty to lose all that denim-related community, enthusiasm and insight...

I’ve got a pair headed my way. :happy: