Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, scooby said:

Apologies for the double post

got a little dirty so I decided to throw these things in the wash. followed up with a hot dry. is this how I can achieve an @aho pair of Ooe's?

Great work! Ironically, I'm holding off on washing with my latest pair of Ooe's, I may make it to a year yet, no wash (going good since starting them in July)!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

How is the new denim compared to their previous stuff? 

This is some XX4 fabric left in my washing machine for around 3 months. I'd describe it as among the fastest fading of any of the fabrics before it, and less stiffer/hairier than XX3 (which I found a bit too stiff/heavy feeling). The original O.A-XX fabric is still my favorite (XX1 if following the same format) as it yields some crazy good vintage fades, but I'm excited to see how my XX4 fabric will turn out. I'd rank them as a faster fading O.A-XX, and my second favorite of the four (followed by XX3 and XX2) for whatever it's worth!

Past fabrics described by Neil and S&S:
"These are done up in an all-new XX3 fabric, which, typical for OA, is very subtly different from their previous XX2 denim. The XX3 fabric feels a bit hairier and stiffer than the XX2, but the shrinkage is the same between XX2 and XX3 fabrics. It also has a grey weft compared to the white weft on the XX1 fabric."

"Speaking of the fabric, these are made from Ooe's new XX4 denim. The product of years upon years of research, these are a 13.5oz, 100% cotton, 7x7 selvedge denim with a white ID, loomed in Japan exclusively for Ooe, and to their exact specifications. The warp threads are dyed with a green-cast indigo, specifically chosen to age like sample fabrics from the 1940s - with gray weft threads selected for the same purpose. Slightly hairy and surprisingly soft (even while raw) these are a comfortable mid-weight fabric that fades relatively quickly and can be worn almost year-round."

4C9E61F2-A4A8-4C66-968F-D28AF8069E1C-82175-00000E4D7B027C47.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll wait for the next batch for Japanese retailers at a real world price and without the S&S style crazy few-minutes sale. Besides, I don't particularly like the look of these, glad Ryo and Hiro made for S&S such style and not the one I would be sorry to miss.

10 minutes ago, Talan said:

I'll wait for the next batch for Japanese retailers at a real world price and without the S&S style crazy few-minutes sale. Besides, I don't particularly like the look of these, glad Ryo and Hiro made for S&S such style and not the one I would be sorry to miss.

Lol I feel exactly the same.

I saw these at the shop in Santa Fe earlier this week, they’re nice but I already have two pairs of the same Cone from Barnstormer. 

I agree that the hype is kinda annoying. Glad they’re successful though. 

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I saw these at the shop in Santa Fe earlier this week

Any idea when they got their stock for in-store sales? I’d assumed it was at the same time as for online sales and was thinking of stopping by later today to try and check them out, but if they’ve already been getting picked through all week then I’m probably too late…

@julian-wolf I’m not 100% sure about this but they told me they weren’t going on sale until Friday (when I saw the pair they were just being unboxed), so my guess is they had one collective pool of inventory for both online and in-store shopping. 

Glad that they weren’t selling them early. I’m pretty sure that they were gonna try to keep some separate stock for in-store sales (they usually seem to), but who knows whether it will have lasted the full day and a half…

I had scored a pair of the saddle pants from S&S when they went live. I don't have any OOE, so I thought I'd try. But after looking at the cut and details, I didn't like them enough so I called and cancelled the order. Someone else will enjoy them more than I would have. Plus, this is turning into a very expensive year for me, and I've put a lock on my wallet...