Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

I know what you mean. The roping is intense from day one. Must have a lot to do how R&H chainstitches and also the strong shrinking of the fabric

I have found that roping on pairs that I get chainstitched at the factory/in japan pre-shipping to me rope much much more than when I get it done locally at Self Edge.  I know its how the machines are adjusted, just an interesting observation

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Real final update on the contest jeans...

ivsZ2l9R6jHL5.JPG

iSMo5e0zY7viS.JPG

iZtG8rkNQdTgK.JPG

ibjoY9XMXMIbJr.JPG

After the contest, I still wear it on the weekend for the rest of 2014.

Will now hang dormant indefinitely till I feel like wearing it again.

Edited by redragon

Great photos redragon!

I wore my pair the last two days (and no, I didn't manage any fit pics...) but so far so good!

My only gripe is with the size of the front pockets, just wish the pocket bags were a little deeper.  But that's minor.

Already noticed some damage on the paper patch after the wash, not going to worry too much about it though.

I agree that there is still much life in this one, but I do need to give other pairs some wear and also need to repair the left pocket before I can wear it again, feels like each time I put my phone in there, the hole just keeps getting bigger & bigger...

I prefer 01 & 03 - straight.

The taper on the 02 is OK, but it requires different shoes and some play with the length. Somewhat an acquired taste, I guess - maybe they will take some time to get used to...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Flash, idk if you contacted Ryo and Hiro but I heard back.  Still very vague but there was contact.  I didn't want to discuss what I talked about earlier about putting the prize to better use.  If it would just simply be easier for them, it would be fine with me, but I wouldn't want it taken the wrong way.

Just wanted to take a moment to admire how fluffy and hairy the OAXX fabric is.

IScGIre.jpg

When I got these my girlfriend even noticed it and said "wow, those feel fuzzy!"

Washed them twice to get all the shrink out, only worn them three times so far since I think I'm going to enter them into the DWC.

Meant to snap a fit pic today but forgot on my way out of the shop, wearing a single cuff with boots and double cuffing with sneakers.

Pretty ideal year round jean here I think. I really like the higher rise.

• 3 weeks later...

ooms, the Ooe's in the picture are the contest denim; I feel the OAXX fabric will turn out closer to the vintage pair, but give me a few more months to get there!  B)

BTW, the vintage pair in the picture are my 1947-51 era Levi's!

Edited by aho