Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

cut looks a bit different but not by much.  Measurements are the same.  I thought the hem was smaller on these.  Chain-stitch coin pocket is nice touch.  Would love to see a chain stitched rear pockets like ROY does.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Just picked up a pair in size 35. I'll share the pre and post soak (x2) measurements when I get them.

By the way, I'm a measured 33" waist and went off of their sizing chart to determine my size. I was thinking of going size 34 (31.7" post wash), but wasn't sure if their denim would stretch back to raw (~34"), if I wanted to endure a 2+" stretch, or if I wanted to potentially compromise the cut.

Anyway, I'm excited to get these in hand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it is Standard & Strange who will carry Ooe Yofukuten.

Right now they offter the latest 02 model (and call it slim tapered...)

http://standardandstrange.com/collections/featured/products/oa02-0515-slim-tapered-unsanforized

The price @ 300$ with free shipping is probably even better than when you order from Ooe directly (and have to include the shipping costs from Japan). At least for our US guys

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

So it is Standard & Strange who will carry Ooe Yofukuten.

Right now they offter the latest 02 model (and call it slim tapered...)

http://standardandstrange.com/collections/featured/products/oa02-0515-slim-tapered-unsanforized

The price @ 300$ with free shipping is probably even better than when you order from Ooe directly (and have to include the shipping costs from Japan). At least for our US guys

Is it me or do i feel like $300 with shipping seems high for what the OOE guys offer. It's just a personal opinion.

Read about the brand and what people think of them. Have a look at the pictures and customer testimonials. Then compare this price with what BiG, Self Edge, Rivet & Hide, etc are selling their premium Japanese jeans for. I think you may want to reconsider after that.

I guess it's just you :D

A pair of Roys costs above 300$ incl. shipping.

And while Roy puts in more details and what not, the background is similar. Roy making jeans he wants on his own in small quantities and/or Ryo&Hiro making jeans they want in small quantities. Both use their own unique denim.

The biggest difference: Roy does what he wants and experiments a lot. Ryo&Hiro trying to do repro stuff (IMO)

And don't forget the import taxes, shipping from Japan and what that Standard&Strange have to add to a pair of Ooe Yofukuten. While Seld Edge probably don't have to add import taxes to a pair of Roy.

But in the end: as long as you think the price is fair for either brand, then it is (or not) ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I guess it's just you :D

A pair of Roys costs above 300$ incl. shipping.

And while Roy puts in more details and what not, the background is similar. Roy making jeans he wants on his own in small quantities and/or Ryo&Hiro making jeans they want in small quantities. Both use their own unique denim.

The biggest difference: Roy does what he wants and experiments a lot. Ryo&Hiro trying to do repro stuff (IMO)

And don't forget the import taxes, shipping from Japan and what that Standard&Strange have to add to a pair of Ooe Yofukuten. While Seld Edge probably don't have to add import taxes to a pair of Roy.

But in the end: as long as you think the price is fair for either brand, then it is (or not) ;)

See that's my ignorance. I did not know OOE was a small batch outfit and that's a good comparison to Roy.

Not only are my OA02s the best cut I've ever worn for me, the denim is INCREDIBLE and insanely comfortable even from day 1. Knowing I'm wearing a very well-made repro cut, and supported an awesome company are bonuses too. AND to top it off, I get compliments all the time. People who don't even like jeans like these jeans!

I've never been happier with a pair of jeans in my life and I've got you guys and this thread to thank for that. Thanks!

Edited by Coolguyzack

I'm definitely with you on that Zach, I think my OA02's are my favorite jeans that I own. From cut to the denim itself its pretty much the ideal pair of pants for me. Can't wait for mine to get back from repair.

I'm with you on that. 

I'm so pissed that i have to loose some weight to put this beauty again. i should have gone with a 35.

This pair is definitely something great fading also.

• 3 weeks later...

You won't be disappointed! The OA denim is some of my favorite.

I'd be interested if anyone had some insight into the development of the OA denim, but I'd guess that the only ones who know about that are Hiro and Ryo more or less.

• 2 weeks later...