Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

12 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

@beautiful_FrEaK will have purchased 4 more pairs by the time his WOM come...

Actually just one hand that depends on when the new SC1945 is really released. Already pre-ordered them some months ago.

1 hour ago, indigoeagle said:

Apparently there are only a handful of vintage war jeans with flannel pockets.

TCB has just started a pre-order for their new pair. They found a pair with different ones.

I just found it interesting that this worn-in pair from the book and the deadstock pair the 1943 model is based on are actually made at the same time and both survived the time. 

16 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Sorry guys.. late to the party.

I've always washed my 100% rayon SunSurf shirts in the machine on a delicates cycle, bit of washing detergent, take it out after a short spin and put it on a hanger to dry, they always come out just fine.. i think i've posted about it somewhere in the midst of this thread.

I was unsure for the first wash but what convinced me was the plethora of rayon shirts in the vintage shops.. most of which are in pretty good shape considering their age/material and there is no way they've always been dry cleaned with the utmost care... why would you if you're donating it?

Thanks for the follow up. I ended up hand washing it and it turned out just fine. Next time it gets the delicate cycle.  

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the 1946 model (a bit late, lol). I was lucky to find a pair in my size at Göteborg Manufaktur.  
Thanks @Beau_FrEaK for the advice.  
The fit is perfect for me. The fabric is really beautiful, and the level of detail is impressive. I can't wait to wear it, but I'll have to get the length altered.

IMG_5012.jpeg

@MJF9 No, that was my backyard and I was wearing another pair.  We had gone over 30 days without rain here and we finally had an overcast day, so I decided to take some pics.

I couldn't have that dog off leash in an open area...one rabbit or squirrel and she'd be gone forever.