allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

4 hours ago, vjiforlife said:

Question: What's the differences between the 1966's and the 1947's?  Thanks in advance.

The stitching colors used throughout the jeans are different. The denim on the 66 has a bluer hue. On me the fit of the 66 is a little more antifit in the top block/hips area and the legs are a little slimmer than the 1947

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Those descriptions hardly touch on any of what sets the ‘47 and the ‘66 apart…

apparently you don't care enough to explain it to him either

18 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

The stitching colors used throughout the jeans are different. The denim on the 66 has a bluer hue. On me the fit of the 66 is a little more antifit in the top block/hips area and the legs are a little slimmer than the 1947

Thanks for the reply my guy! Hope the family is doing well!

That doesn’t look too slow for 4 months, they’re coming along really well. 

I've got a pair of Okinawas coming from the black Friday sale on Self Edge. I'm pumped. I haven't worn Canes in too damn long.

Now I've just got to shed a few more pounds before they get here.

@(10chars) nice wear already, I might try another pair of 66 next year when I’ve hopefully lost a bit of rump so I can fit in size 32.

I got a pair of used 1947’s off of eBay and they’re different than what I’ve experienced before- the fit through the calf is more trim, they are non-selvedge, have some weird square of different denim at the back belt loop,  and have this weird fabric trim at the hem (second to last pic). Anyone know what these are?

18408995-7196-411E-975B-B1EFC39055CF.jpeg

09E0A2FC-1AF1-4C98-B393-30B7696883B1.jpeg

0738F567-AD36-4830-A0E4-AF52C27C5498.jpeg

F3C988F0-B72D-46DE-961A-076DBF3D5D8F.jpeg

163DC3CA-95C2-458E-BB88-E5AA1EEDC8AE.jpeg

283EF752-3920-4F8C-9623-CDDFBB111641.jpeg

3DDBB629-D124-4455-BDE4-8DDBC53D4CDE.jpeg

05CA9B6C-6687-4473-8AAA-7F1612C84317.jpeg

^nevermind- I think it’s just a few wonky alterations. The selvedge is visible up towards the pocket. I’m guessing it’s just been tapered, waist altered, and hemmed with that fabric put there for I’m not sure what reason. I’d delete the post, but I can’t figure out how. 

Edited by Dan_F
Spelling

I think someone has become small or tight in something and tries to make something comfortable with stucco jeans out of other jeans that fits him.

Hopefully they were very cheap and you were aware of all the ‘improvements’ beforehand!

Some information about the sizing of the latest SC42955, 1955 zipper jeans.

I bought them in a size W32 L34 and had them altered beforehand to a L32 hoping these will end up a L30 after a couple of washes. 

Now some weeks have past after a first 40degree celsius wash, which btw did not have any effect regarding leg length. :(

Fitting quite loose from the start, after consistent wear the waist stretched out to 34"... so I would advice to size down at least one size,

guessing these would have stretched out even more if they would have been tighter from start.

Hoping a 60degree celsius will shrink them down... 

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

They measure up to the usual high 00 standard of fadage 

The knee didn't survive the last wash so i've been wearing these 47's on and off since last May

fullsizeoutput_3002.thumb.jpeg.387a43cc76eda39895184d9c80790b48.jpeg

...ive been wearing the 46's for house repairs and tinkering with my bike hence the grime and the oil slick on the knee^^ I could spend hours doing half-arsed patch-jobs and repairs to them but from experience they're entering their last few months of life so it's just a waste of time, if there was a darning joint locally i would pay to have them repaired properly but when i factor in postage both ways i'm just throwing good money after bad...

I've got no plans to buy anymore jeans, i'll just work my way through the pile of old 47's

Edited by Double 0 Soul

We could start a Denim bank for sufu'ers, for peeps in a similar situation to yours @Double 0 Soul , l could throw in my old Roy's or a pair of Lvc when you get through your last remaining pair. I'm sure others could help out :)

I'm always willing to help out with a fading proxy service for stubborn denim, register all your Non Fadable Trousers in my name or NFT's

31 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

How big is that pile again, Neil?

Yes @Double 0 Soul you need to state firmly your denim poverty. What's left in the reserve pile?

Posted (edited)

Sugar Cane is going to bring out a 1937 pair. So if someonw wants a cinchback pair...

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

The denim for those 1937s looks fantastic!