supertalk6
allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

About what I always wondered: why is Sugarcane comparatively less expensive to the other Japanese brands? They use all the quirky little details that make jeans more expensive (unique denim, hidden rivets, different leather patches, selvage details, great quality) but still most of their jeans retail a good amount lower than the other brands.

Is it all just because they have such a large parent corporation behind them?

All that said, some guys want to share measurements of a SugarCane Hawaii in size 34? ;)

How does the Hawaii compare in terms of fit to the IH 634S? Seems pretty close to me based on measurements but if anyone has both I'd love to hear how they stack up next to each other.

Hey, took some measurements of my hawaiis 34, they have been washed in 60 degrees.

Waist: 85 cm

Inseam 83,5 cm

Front rise: 30 cm

Back rise: 41 cm

Upper thigh: 32,5 cm

Knee 24,5 cm

Hem: 22,5 cm

Edited by rustygoose

& i have the IH634s in 34 too, cut doesn't feel the same as Hawaii.

SC has higher rise, smaller waist & slightly looser legs.. more fabric in ass-area too.

Edited by rustygoose

ha, that was fast! thanks a lot!

inseam really seems to be just long enough. Ok with the higher rise that could work (and staying away from too hot washes)

The Hawaii denim is awesome! It crocks a LOT though. And it give you plenty of randomly timed pricks.

And it give you plenty of randomly timed pricks.

Sounds like the one for you b-F not only is it a great denim it will also improve your sex life.

i'm also debating buying a pair of sugar cane on rakuten..torn between the 2009, 1947, okinawa, and hawaii...i'm leaning toward the 2009 b/c of the fit and i like the fuzziness of the denim..though it doesn't fade very nicely and isn't as "interesting" as the other models...thoughts?

I also have the 634s and the Hawaiis. The 634s is definitely tighter on me, except for the waist. Hawaiis looser cut looks great when worn a bit rumpled with pinrolls instead of cuffs. They will take forever to fade, but when they do it's unique.

sexsc06 - couple shots before they head out for repairs - didn't really keep track of how long I wore these...:

markmont-sexsc06-01.jpg

markmont-sexsc06-02.jpg

markmont-sexsc06-03.jpg

Very excited to get my hands on this amazing relic!

ibuP5uOaWYI4uI.JPG

The fabric is unreal....... :)

congrats on SC 40400N 

one of the best-made jeans i've ever had.

felled seam galore.  

the only edge/overlock stitching you'll find are the side seams on the top block

ibuP5uOaWYI4uI.JPG

such a shame SC stopped producing the 00 series.... 

We should petition for production of the sc40200 sc40300, sc40400 and sc40500 again....

Agree that its a real shame SugarCane does not produce the Edo Ai fabric anymore....

Fit pic coming real soon, need to hot soak it, current fit is seriously baggy....

Nice man, I'm officially jealous.

Thus far my search for size 28 No-wash Hawii's has been fruitless.
Two attempts to contact Naoki have been met with silence and contacting Rakuten sellers results in confusing emails. Which admittedly is my fault for hoping they can understand some English and then relying on Google translate to not mess up the translated version.....

Thanks, but I'd rather not pay $120 +/- more.

I contacted sellers of the SC40401A hoping they could get a hold of the raw version. Oh well, if all else fails then plain old SC40401A it is, which imo isn't as fun.

tnx Xchen!  

yeah, they are distinct.  the thing is i can't really pull off wearing them on a daily basis [ie, unlike indigos ;)] .... but just like owning other non-indigos,  switching it up resets the  "denim palate",  so it won't get jaded .

I love when the bursts of Sugar Cane posts keep it toward the top for short periods.  For the price to quality ratio, I'd love to see a bunch of these more active, younger folks really beat up some Canes instead of N&F and whatnot.  The dudes that are still chasing ladies 'til sunrise could really do some damage.  Me sitting on the couch with the wife really only turns the cushions blue.

Aww shit, when I have the money I gotta cop now.  Did it feel decently thick? I'm not wanting IH or anything like that, just something that feels substantial in the hand with a nice texture.

I guess its weight was of no significance to me, as I really dont recall feeling it was too thin or thick.  I guess it just felt normal,, lol.  sorry i cant dial it in a bit more for you in terms of feel.  I can say that I slept on the Star of Hollywood line for too long.  Their designs are amazing.  The first day I wore the brown atomic polo to work, I had 3 people in my department comment on it, one even noticed the vintage style buttons.  These people are not denim/clothing enthusiast, unless bright colored high heels are involved.   

I think I'm going to pick it up in a few days.  I'm really surprised that sugar cane isn't more popular, the stuff they make is soooo unique and awesome.  I like that polo too!