Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Believe me, I have.  I've done a ton of looking around on rakuten for SC products as well as other sites in the past.  Especially when looking for denim for the HWDC. Their product line for bottoms has been pretty limited, over the years, Im just surprised I forgot about the 12oz and would not be surprised if there are other models I've forgotten about.  They have made a couple attempts at some more modern cuts, but they arent dedicated to coming out with new models every season, or using any heavy denim as far as I know.  I guess thats not their business model.  I can live with that.

I think that you have missed the whole point of Sugar Cane, They make reproductions of vintage work wear and classic cuts 47, 55, 66ect...  But where they differ is in the depth, texture and complexity of the denim.

They have produced a hugely varied denim spectrum from 9oz, 11oz, 11.75oz, 12oz,  12.5oz 13oz, 13.75oz, 14oz 14.25oz, LH twill, 50/50, Rainbow, Persimmon, Gray to name but a few. The back catalogue is extensive to say the least and to call their product line "limited" is laughable.

If you want modern and heavy then you are looking in the wrong place.

Sorry but Im entitled to my opinion.  Im not into comparing Brands, especially repro's to modern cuts, but obviously if your talking repro then you automatically put a limit on what you make for obvious reasons.  You can change some degrees to add depth with rainbow, and persimmon but it is what it is.  I personally like what they do.  But excuse me for not knowing their whole product line.  Maybe Im not privy to all of the nuances of denim, and each brand out there.  Thats not my bag.  When I was looking for denim for the HWDC I checked to see what SC had to offer...so that makes me laughable?  Oh well, I can live with that. 

Davil don't take it so personal man. Double 0 was not saying you're laughable, but that your assertion on the part of SC being "limited" was incorrect and indicative of a person that knows very little about the brand. If anything he's just critiquing you on your word, since you yourself said:

Believe me, I have.  I've done a ton of looking around on rakuten for SC products as well as other sites in the past." 

I can only assume you meant to establish some type of rep or credit when you stated the above, but the fact remains still that your entail comment was incorrect and so you have been corrected. Perhaps this seems harsh or crass in some manner, but at the end of the day no one here is attacking the very fabric of your being/character simply making comments and observation on what has been stated.

I say simply take it like a man (or women whichever you identify with) and move on.

Cheerio THEN!   

I don’t pretend to be some kind of authority on sugarcane because I looked up their product offerings on rakuten a couple times.  Im not looking for your approval or trying to impress anyone here.  Give me a break.  

Beyond that, what I think is a matter of opinion.  And in my opinion, you take away their tops, jackets, accessories like shoes, scarf, and hats...take away the duck pants, and railroad garb and look at just the denim pants and what they offer is limited.  That is unless you want to count predistressed, prefaded pants designed to make you look like a longshoreman from the 40’s.  Sorry, not the look Im going for on most days, so it limits what Im going to buy from them.

I also like my pants 14oz and higher because I spend a fair amount of time outside year round and the temperatures that I deal with.  I also like denim that can survive construction works.  This usually takes denim over 14oz in my case.  This also limits what I buy from sugarcane.

Honestly, I dont feel offended, Im just surprised people in this thread are so pretentious, and hyper sensitive about a brand of clothing.  You have great passion, although I think it maybe a little misguided....by the way, if sugracane dabbles in slim cuts when they are suppose to be a repro company (2009, SEXSC02, ect), then why not dabble in offering some heavier weights as well?  If they did vary their product line would you still feel so passionate about them?  Would you be excited to see new product offerings or would you think that they sold out?  Just a question for those of you willing to think outside of the box.

Davil- What i am pointing out is that although repro SC has a much larger product line than most modern brands and you are entitled to your opinion but in this case your opinion is uninformed, just picking up one SC yearbook i have counted 20 different cuts of denim not including duck.

I do read through some of my past posts and i concur that i could possibly sugar coat them from time to time.

Can you please elaborate on what makes us misguided? Why would a company with a huge product line, core values and a loyal fan base need to bandwagon the skinny jeans fashion brigade for short term gain?

and for heavy denim you got PBJ, Strike Gold, Ironheart, Eight-G, Samurai, Kojima Genes, Flathead has a heavy model, SDA does, Oni does, and even Evisu had a 20oz model.

I can clearly see why they don't enter the super heavy denime "scene". Especially when they stay true to their brand's philosophy

and for heavy denim you got PBJ, Strike Gold, Ironheart, Eight-G, Samurai, Kojima Genes, Flathead has a heavy model, SDA does, Oni does, and even Evisu had a 20oz model.

I can clearly see why they don't enter the super heavy denime "scene". Especially when they stay true to their brand's philosophy

Indeed the market is literally SATURATED. I worked in a pair of 12.5oz (post soak) jeans hanging up sheet rock and roofing for two summers, I also wore them outside of work. This idea that heavy denim can some how withstand higher abrasion, wear-tear is a bit misguided. At the end of the day it comes down to construction and fit. If your jeans are literally painted on to your thighs like some oddly stuffed sausage, then chances are that despite the weight they are going to fail structurally long before anything else.

Edited by Rightyow77

I would appreciate opinion/advice on my 47's fit.

I thought there would be more room on the thighs, the crotch and seat feels too tight for my liking. Without wishing to sound crude, it feels like the jean is up my crack. I could do with an extra inch on the front and back rise.

Will this tightness stretch out? I don't want to size up because the waist will be too big. 

20131005_142652.jpg

20131005_142717.jpg

20131005_142735.jpg

Thanks. Yeah I'm sure the thighs and waist will stretch but i'm worried about the tightness on the crotch and seat. This cut feels more like a slim/straight than a straight/relaxed.

Which Sugar Cane models are looser than the 47 cut?

I can assure you that as you wear them, they will stretch everywhere that you need them to...as they stretch across the hips and things this will let everything fall more naturally and you will have more than enough room in the seat and crotch.  That's dead on.