Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Double O: I did. Maybe I can find the name, for what it's worth. Your theory about demand stopping jeans allocated for washes sounds the most plausible explanation. Perhaps this is more unlikely to happen with newer batches, perhaps Sugar Cane is more on top of what the market wants.

Sorry for not chiming in on all this earlier, but I think the most simple answer is probably that of a factory mistake with the label, or, same way of saying the same thing, a jean that had the H tag sewn into it found it's way into the jeans that were to remain raw.  I've seen (and owned actually, now my little brother has this pair) a pair of more recent production 1947s that had the leather tag from 2009s but was stamped model number 1947.  I'd guess that these sorts of small labeling errors are more likely to make it through quality control, where people are busier looking at actual physical features of the jean than concerning themselves with whether the label correlates with the jean they are holding.  I think it's cool to have weird one off label versions of such a classic jean as the 1947.

My thinking behind the lawsuit theory is around that period SC third party  sellers, michistore ect had an abundant amount of 47,s +arcs for sale, there is nothing to say they didn't just step up to the mark to supply the burgeoning market unable to purchase outside of jp. SC must have had an abundant stock of raw 47,s +arcs with all tag variations previously destined for the international market.

The tag mix up holds water though.

shit, starting t get that new denim itch...really want the Okinawa  not sure I can do the thigh though, per usual.  I find it odd that a 33 waist Oki has a thigh of 12.2 and a leg opning of 9 inches.  For some reason, I would expect the thigh to be closer to 13"

The thigh on the 33" Okinawa measures 12.75" and the hem is indeed 9"

2 words of advice gnome... Do It!

Edit- ^That is at max stretch not fresh from the wash.

If this is the case, it would seem that Self Edge's measurements are a bit off...

Edited by garden gnomes in space

Is anybody familiar with SC "Aloha" (Hawaii) Denim jackets? I haven't known that they are doing, or did jackets with the denim of the Hawaii jeans. While I was browsing just found a 2nd type repro on Yahoo, but couldn't found much about it on the web.

Here is the patch:

1r78.jpg

Hi guys!

Sorry for that message cause the question surely has been asked before but I've just bought a pair of Okis on Self Edge and those are damn tight on waist. I chose to go TTS on sizing tag (32) which, according to SE sizing charts, means 31' at the waist... Do you guys think it will stretch to at least nearly 32' or not? Cause i read few messages about the Okis stretching less than others SugarCanes...

So some help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks for the answers guys.

They are a real 31". But as S-Town said, I am good in the seat/thigh/rise so should be ok.

They've been kind stretched already during last weekend as I was hanging around/boozing with some friends and slept in them during 2 nights...

Those are awesome, and what a price... I would totally go for them if I wasn't moving at the end of the month.

Can't say I've looked much past what SE carries, but I really quite like those.

Edited by bradl

^Haven't ordered from them before however they note that all overseas orders must be made by Paypal and they don't accept returns/repayment/size exchanges...Perhaps someone who's ordered from them can further elaborate? I do have a message in with them and can update once I get a response...

• 2 weeks later...