Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

What kind of SC jeans are those? Are you riding a bike in them?

They are SEXsc02

I ride a bike sometimes but not very often.

Can anyone recommend a similar cut that won't have this problem? Preferably a model with no stitching on the back pockets. Don't really care which brand.

-edit-

bad quality fitpic from earlier this week.

7110337929_4d34d5a062_c.jpg

Edited by Crat

the inseam at the crotch is a high wear area on all jeans. the denim on one leg rubbing against the other occurs naturally as you walk and move around in the jeans; the stresses are even more concentrated at the inseam stitching so wear is accentuated there.

i don't think there is a cut that is more resistant than another to this type of wear, although smoothly woven denim will likely be less abrasive and wear slower than coarsely woven denim.

my burgus plus lot 780 started to wear at the same point around 8 months of wear. i eventually reinforced the crotch with some stitching to minimize the wear on the denim:

tumblr_lzwxvfDtqw1qgr3tyo1_1280.jpg

that Looks good PP, I'm also going to do some repairing on the canes.

I know its a high wear area but still I don't have the same problem with all my jeans (H&M's and Helmut Lang's I have seem to be fine). I can't justify spending $$$ on a 'high quality' product that will wear out in half a year or less. Don't get me wrong; i'm all for buying long-lasting quality goods; In my case these jeans just aren't working.

Hopefully the JB x Momo's I have waiting to be broken in will prove to be better.

Thanks maynard, what you say is true.

I'd say the sexsc02s are fairly tight in the thighs for me. They do rub together a bit as well.

Does washing more often increase the lifespan? Somehow i think it does...

These are 14.5oz which is one of the reasons I thought they'd last me a lot longer than the apcs.

Just to clarify; I'm not saying these are bad jeans. They just don't work for me in terms of lifespan which is a shame as i like them a lot.

concur on "thighs rubbing together". those aren't normal inseam+crotch wear. either crat sized down too much or his thighs were too large for this cut.

'been rockin' my 02s for about a year = approx 6mos wear & still trouble-free. don't have current pix cuz i f*ckd up my camera__ these were from a couple of mos ago.

Update: these were set aside to make room for some newly acquired jeans in my rotation :: 'picked up from where i left off [approx. 2mos ago]__ @3.5mos effective wear :: 5 soaks, no wash

lost 10 lbs on current fit photo as compared to last [above: wherein thighs are fuller]

SExSCfit3.jpg

zzz262.jpg

good effort there PeterP__ from past experience tho, the thread frayed faster when i hand-stitched across the seam edge. so, i have been stitching along the top-stitching itself. here's what i did on mine... you won't even notice seams had been re-enforced.

zzz286.jpg

the inseam at the crotch is a high wear area on all jeans. the denim on one leg rubbing against the other occurs naturally as you walk and move around in the jeans; the stresses are even more concentrated at the inseam stitching so wear is accentuated there.

i don't think there is a cut that is more resistant than another to this type of wear, although smoothly woven denim will likely be less abrasive and wear slower than coarsely woven denim.

my burgus plus lot 780 started to wear at the same point around 8 months of wear. i eventually reinforced the crotch with some stitching to minimize the wear on the denim:

tumblr_lzwxvfDtqw1qgr3tyo1_1280.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

bad quality fitpic from earlier this week.

7110337929_4d34d5a062_c.jpg

Look low and tight. that's a natural friction and wear area in jeans, and then you're adding stretching and strain of the fabric to the mix. Size up or try a different cut to see if the crotch holds up.

Great words of advice about machine washing and crotch ripping on this page - thanks!

Thanks for all the info everyone, you've been v. helpful.

You've presented me with a dilemma though as I like this slim-but-not-skinny fit.

Any suggestions on models (not necessarily SC) that are a little roomier in the thighs?

@ Setterman

I actually already sized up 1 from my jb x momo and 2 from my apcs. I doubt sizing up more would be a good idea. I guess I could do more soaks but won't the effect be the same in the end?

Here are better fitpics. Do you think I should size up or is the sexsc02 just not for me?

6965889408_3abc55893a_c.jpg

7111961999_35fa5bbe83_c.jpg

Edited by Crat

Crat,

Sometimes you just get more crotch wear and tear. Patch them up and embrace them as they are, it's all part of the wabi-sabi (I think!).

If you want to avoid/delay this scenario with future pairs, get something a little looser on the thighs and maybe wash more regularly.

@ Setterman

I actually already sized up 1 from my jb x momo and 2 from my apcs. I doubt sizing up more would be a good idea. I guess I could do more soaks but won't the effect be the same in the end?

Here are better fitpics. Do you think I should size up or is the sexsc02 just not for me?

6965889408_3abc55893a_c.jpg

7111961999_35fa5bbe83_c.jpg

First, comparing the size you bought other jeans in, to the size you bought these is, is irrelevant. Everyone tags their jeans differently, so one company's 30 is another's 34.

From the front the jeans fit you pretty good. They look a hair tight from the whiskers up, but not bad. The ass shot shows why you're wearing out fast. That fabric that's all puckered and wrinkled and trying to crawl up you ass rubs against itself and that's why you're getting those thin spots and wear along the edge of the seams. You need something with a higher rise measurement. Everywhere else looks pretty good.

For those that have experienced the one-wash pairs vs. raw, are they still scratchy and leave indigo everywhere? Or, is most of that taken care of with their wash process?

My 1947's were one wash and stiff, scratchy, and left blue everywhere.

hey all. Recently picked this shirt up from the 'bay. The seller says it's dated from the 50's, which I highly doubt, but I thought i'd see what others think. Can anybody tell me about this shirt?

1172.jpg

1169.jpg

1171.jpg

That shirt is probably from about 2004 or 2005.

I wonder, does Sugar Cane have anything new coming down the pike? I know there's the Mister Freedom stuff, but are there any rumblings about what they're up to these days?

Nothing wrong with doing what they're already doing (and doing it well), but after making rainbow denim, recycled denim, green tea/persimmon/mud denim, I'd love to see what they're kicking around these days.