Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

@Unorthodox

Wow beautiful  faded Samurai jeans!!!

3 hours ago, unorthodox said:

Living life to the fullest / wasting my entire 20's in a van touring the world playing drums in hardcore bands. 

@MJF9 same as the above, wasting my 20s in a van driving cross country to play incredibly loud music to like, 20-30 people a night.

On 2/18/2023 at 6:06 AM, unorthodox said:

Wonder if we ever crossed paths

I was playing in a heavy instrumental/drone band called A Film in Color if that rings a bell, we were based outta NJ/NYC, but played up and down the east coast pretty regularly outside of longer tours. What was your band?

Edited by blooming

I'm fixing to get these 211VX repaired soon here. The crotch has def seen better days, so I figured I'd take a few pics before giving them their first machine (probably) wash. Still not sure if I should send them to Self Edge or wait for Indigo Proof to open her books.. Thoughts?

FacatOa.jpg

kiFBGkj.jpg

m8bIdlj.jpg

GSpjuby.jpg

eEIuVpn.jpg

I go through phases - wearing them often, then maybe once a week, so I have no real figure of how much wear they've gotten. Really gorgeous fabric though.

Thanks for the feedback y’all. Got it figured out. 

some post-wash pics

WxGezUO.jpg

5wRh2kO.jpg

yIKSbPG.jpg

NwIKvbv.jpg

Edited by rockon99

Impressing faded!!!

^Seconded, it’s my favourite looking of the Samurai denims (with the possible exception of the left hand twill Jin fabric), which is probably because it’s their closest approximation to a more vintage weight jean.

• 3 weeks later...

E4708CE5-FB88-470C-9B3A-D93BFA53FDC2.thumb.jpeg.b68901f8f69a4db96acec0b0ef609c13.jpeg
C29941DF-0526-4ECA-9337-C1043D5F5252.thumb.jpeg.b297ca9bcd879adc475b1893c306843b.jpeg

Been after the baker pants for awhile, but without the 300 euros /dollars price tag attach to it in some shops. Randomly checked Denimio a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised to find it in my size. Loving their colour, fit and texture and pairing them up with denim shirts/jackets. 

Snagged a pair of the S140SXJ-GRK from Self Edge. Pics to come soon, some initial thoughts.

This is my third pair of Samurais but my first purchased in 15 years. The other two are only out of rotation because they don't fit anymore. I typically wear a 34 but from the sizing chart I went for a 36 - definitely the right choice! Can't imagine squeezing into their 34 - Self Edge measured it as a 32 inch waist.

I've never owned jeans with this kind of weave before - truly wild. The shorter fibers make for a really coarse, crunchy texture. I machine washed them once to get the starch out and they felt stiffer afterwards. Denim is so rigid that getting them buttoned after the wash was a challenge. The fit says "relax tapered" but for me these are pretty slim jeans with a slightly roomier upper half. Really looking forward to seeing how these age as i can picture getting really nice creases.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, rockon99 said:

Sorry to quote a post that's over a year old... sufu isn't the same as it used to be. How's the fit on these? Is it what I should expect from the S5000? Would love to see pics if you ever got around to it. 

sorry for the insanely late response!

this is the first ive tried of the s5000 cut, but my understanding is that its a mid rise straight leg cut. i believe that to be true in this case. it feels fitted in the top block and roomy through the legs. 

i pulled an old fit pic for reference.

i did give them a 40C soak and agitation when i first got them as they were unsanforized iirc

lol im guessing none of this matters to you anymore but didnt want to seem like i ignored

99BD41CD-9873-4830-B9C8-541E594E7E3F.jpeg

Cool fit pic mate!!!

@denimondenimondenim yo yo! Thanks for the reply. I’ve been afraid to try the 5000 cut because of the more narrow thighs and I’m even more afraid to spend the dough on those persimmon dyed joints only to have them be too tight. They look good on you tho!