Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Bit of an abstract question for the 710 lovers out there: I'm torn between getting the standard 19oz now and waiting to see the details on BiG's heavier 710s in the spring. From what I've been able to piece together the 21oz denim is as top-notch as the 19oz, but I'm wondering if I'm missing the point and the 'Samurai experience' by not sticking with the 19oz my first time around. Currently working on some Strike Gold 1109s which I adore, with some some Flat Heads on the side. Nothing heavy.

If the 21oz texturally goes toe-to-toe with the 19oz but is a bit deeper blue hue, that seems ideal. Hope my question makes sense. 

Bit of an abstract question for the 710 lovers out there: I'm torn between getting the standard 19oz now and waiting to see the details on BiG's heavier 710s in the spring. From what I've been able to piece together the 21oz denim is as top-notch as the 19oz, but I'm wondering if I'm missing the point and the 'Samurai experience' by not sticking with the 19oz my first time around. Currently working on some Strike Gold 1109s which I adore, with some some Flat Heads on the side. Nothing heavy.

If the 21oz texturally goes toe-to-toe with the 19oz but is a bit deeper blue hue, that seems ideal. Hope my question makes sense. 

It's not that difficult. The BIG models will be limited. If you want to get the 21 oz denim in a slimmer cut, this is your only chance. You can get the 19 oz anytime. (though, I am probably the guy most fond of the 19 oz denim and would choose it over the 21 oz anytime). It's also a question wether you want to wear heavy denim in a slim cut - depending on where you live and how you're built, a lighter denim might be the better choice.

It's not that difficult. The BIG models will be limited. If you want to get the 21 oz denim in a slimmer cut, this is your only chance. You can get the 19 oz anytime. (though, I am probably the guy most fond of the 19 oz denim and would choose it over the 21 oz anytime). It's also a question wether you want to wear heavy denim in a slim cut - depending on where you live and how you're built, a lighter denim might be the better choice.

I'd have to agree with Max Power, to me a 710 cut in anything heavier than the 19oz could be very uncomfortable unless you got the sizing 100% perfect, 21oz or even the rumoured 25oz would be nuts.

IMG_20131116_104844_zpscb417d12.jpg

710 red hawk back to Gordon and the guys at BIG for a fresh pair of uncut S510XXs in the 15oz lot (15). Thank you again and again.

Right up against my aikidou S500s the fit is pretty much dead on. And though I won't be wearing my (ideal) grail s500s, the 510s are being baptized.

Pre Soak

W 35

Th 13.9

Fr 12

Br 16.2

In 38.5

Curious to Texas stretch capabilities, anyone?

e0ef7237-9c34-4462-8c63-fdf990b23f93_zps

20 min hot then 40 min cold. Hang dried overnight with a hanger wedged in the waist. There is absolutely more shrink in these but I think I'm gonna rock em. If they get too loose ill deal with it then. Grip and rip.

Guess its time to wash my lvc 55s and rock these:

Post soak

W 17

Th 13.5

Fr 11.6

Br 15.8

In 37

Lo 8.9

Edited by Robert Langdon

Yup - with a little bit of luck you should still be able to get the bamboo Yamato.

The winter edition in wool might be more difficult to get...

Be aware that the shrinkage is different compared to the standard Yamato - they fell a little slimmer and the taper seems to come across more pronounced. (Will have to check if this is actually true.)

Here's a rough comparison, sorry for the poor image. Left is a hem cut from raw Red Hawk. Middle is three weeks old one-soaked Ande Whall's SR6. Right is a hem cut from one-soaked IH 634S (forgot the wear duration at the time). To my eyes. the red hawk looks darker, but is blackish darker. Although when I soaked it for the first time, the residual water looked blue-ish. 

Hope this gives you an idea. cheers

DSCF0095.jpg