Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

:blush: spoke too soon ... these just dropped @BiG ... kinda into LHT, lately 

S526VX-L 15th Left Hand Twill 17oz

main.jpg

I can't see them listed anywhere on the BiG site, but by all means get a pair and report back, I'm very tempted by them myself. :D :D :D

Edited by 501XX4EVER

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=14314&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

They have actually been in the store for a while now. Since before the black and red hawk, but "image coming soon" the whole time, so you will have to go off the pics brownmetallic posted from Samurai website.

yeah but read you quote carefully: "not the contest jeans though" ;)

that was other stuff for their normal Samurai stock

edit: but then there was a reason why I shared those information via PM and made it not public. I would appeciate it if you keep such stuff private. thx

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

yeah but read you quote carefully: "not the contest jeans though" ;)

that was other stuff for their normal Samurai stock

edit: but then there was a reason why I shared those information via PM and made it not public. I would appeciate it if you keep such stuff private. thx

my bad til, done :)

Personally, I would take statements like these with a little grain of salt - I am not sure anymore about the degree of customization that was supposed to go into these contest pairs, but I am sure that Samurai would not have put these back into the vault.

If they had indeed been made specifically for this contest Samurai would have been very keen in actually delivering them and getting paid for it...

Anyhow, what do I know and what does it matter - trying to organize a contest is a thankless job (most of the time), especially if you are not directly dealing with the company itself.

If we find somebody else willing to take it upon himself to organize another Samurai contest - great I'm in.

If not - those S526VX-L-15 are on my list as well...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=14314&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

They have actually been in the store for a while now. Since before the black and red hawk, but "image coming soon" the whole time, so you will have to go off the pics brownmetallic posted from Samurai website.

Thanks for that, is it just me or do they seem WAY more expensive than they should be, even if you include shipping???

These are my 003jp that I received today from Blue in Green (size 32). This is after air drying them from a 40 min hot soak.

image_zps7319e660.jpg

image-2_zpsb0530e54.jpg

image-1_zpsf535c199.jpg

This is my first pair of Samurai jeans, and also my first pair of unsanforized denim....I'm hoping I kept the right size as I feel that a 31 might've been too tight in the thigh area. Waist fits slightly loose....about 3/4 inch big.

Inseam shrank to 37" from 39".......will be sending them back to blue in green for 32.5" hem, but how many more soaks do you guys recommend I do to ensure all shrinking is out of the way before hemming (I'm weary of doing a machine wash as I'm afraid the upper thigh and back rise would shrink too much). 

Hey thanks. Do you know if it will be 2013 or later into next year ?

End 2013/Beginning of 2014 is scheduled. But that doesn't have to mean much.

Great fit, and sounds like you've got most of the shrinkage out.

I'd just wear them for a month then give them another hot soak.

With that length, I wouldn't wear them in public. You might give them another agitated hot soak, but if you fear they will shrink too much in the machine, you will probably never wash them in the machine right? This way you're done with all shrinkage. But account for 0,5" extra inseam because of the combs.

Edited by Max Power

Well, I can answer your PM also here.

With your pics it's also easier to judge. Right now the fit looks good and the thighs will also stretch back a certain amount. It can work out for you. About your question of how many soaks you will need to achieve full shrinkage: a couple. Only a real machine wash will get you to a fully shrunken pair. So keep in mind that these might/will shrink more in the future.

Conclusion: waist too big and thighs too small, possibly not the ideal cut for your body type