Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

those will probably look pretty nice after you get them hemmed and they settle into place. whatever floats your boat. who cares what universal fit a bunch of internet people prefer! i think i'll get mine hemmed too. they don't really need it, but i'm curious.

those will probably look pretty nice after you get them hemmed and they settle into place. whatever floats your boat. who cares what universal fit a bunch of internet people prefer! i think i'll get mine hemmed too. they don't really need it, but i'm curious.

Yea I wouldn't mind having a 32-33" inseam, I'll look around for a good tailor. I only know of cheap Asian places around here, not sure if I'll trust them with my Sammies.

It's a nice change to have a straight cut fit, I have too many tapered and slim jeans already. My balls can breathe. Hoooray!

I need help guys. Ive been wearing my 1 week old sammies while working on my project and I happened to smear some liquid nails on my jeans around my knee area. it is really difficult to take it off since I was in a knee position smearing on the floor since I didn't see it and it really rubbed it into my jeans. I look on the site and this how to take it off

n general, Liquid Nails adhesives & caulks can be scraped off when they are softened either by:

1. Heating above 140°F with an electric heat gun or blow dryer.

2. Coating the adhesive with petroleum jelly or mineral spirits for several hours to several days. (Note that mineral spirits are not recommended for tub surrounds, vinyl, plastic, painted or varnished.)

I havent tried it yet since it is in a tub of water soaking hoping it will come off.

Will petroleum jelly damage the jeans? of any other methods?

Machine washed (inside-out, warm water, gentle cycle, samurai thunder soap, hang dry) my S5000AI-10SP for the first time yesterday after 7 weeks of continuous wear. BOY did they shrink back up. I would strongly recommend anyone considering these jeans to size up 1 or even 2.

The curious thing is the ink seems to have leeched a lot from the inside of the jeans. I think those (weft/warp - forget which one is ink dyed) threads will fade much more quickly than the indigo ones. The slubs also got a bit lighter which will give them an interesting texture over time. I'll post pix after the second wash :)

That's great evo Casper and Party pooped!

I'm soaking or washing my almost 5 month old s710bk this week. I was thinking about just soaking or handwashing them lightly because I don't think a vintage faded/washed out look works very well for black denim. Input/advice anyone? I haven't seen too many used black sams, just poly's and dick danger's...

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

i suck at photo's even more so when im not at my house so these will have to do, skin tight/sister jean tight at first getting better still not close to top button

nice. what i did was i just soaked or wet the waist part and I inserted a 15' laptop to hold it out. worked out well, but since I just gave it two washes within two weeks because Ive been wearing it in the studio for work, it shrank back up to original size. Looking good so far!

anyone have the S512BKBC? hows the top block fit? measurements look similar to that of the s710BK.. but not sure about how it compares in real life. (Ed??)

2nd don't have my size (33) in the s710BK so I'll either size down ( @_@ ) or get the bootcuts and taper the fuck out of 'em. Viewpoints please?

eyeballing these too ( http://item.rakuten.co.jp/americaya/s610vxj/ )

(x-posted)

All right, I realize that my last s710bk update wasn't very long ago, and I wasn't able to wear them for a week or so due to them being repaired, but I'm giving these a gentle handwash today, and took some pre-wash pics. So here goes.

(Sunny but strangely misty day, snow all over the place, so weird light bouncing all around prevented me from taking outdoors pics. Did my best indoors but wasn't able to get a satisfying full front shot.)

Front

p1290087zz9.jpg

Knee coated with dust and durt

p1290089lj4.jpg

Back

p1290094wj9.jpg

p1290095dd6.jpg

p1290097cb8.jpg

Fit

p1290076ou5.jpg

p1290077zz8.jpg

Eh?

p1290100qo4.jpg

Like I said, they're getting washed today. I will share post-wash pics if there's some noticeable change and/or when I get around to it.

The problem with the tapering a bootcut is that you'd most likely have to take from both sides in order to not have crazy leg twist. Taking from the outside will mess up the selvage. Some people wouldn't care, but I wouldn't do it.

It's a selvage bootcut, with a straight outseam.

Tapering the inseam will not do anything funny. Just make it a straight outseam tapered-leg.