Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just got my Samurai 710xx 19 oz from 2nd, I thought they'd send me some lot11 jawnz but I got some lot10 instead, could barely button up pre soak, soaked them but I'm afraid they'll be too fucking snug post-soak.....

You guys think a waistband stretcher would do the trick? I'll wear them wet too... They're a sz 28 in indigo(arcs+tabs), if someone's interested in them pm me, would also trade for a lot11 28 or some 29.

you'll be fine. here's some info on my experience with lot 10 710's from a few pages back:

- samurai 710

- lot 10

- size 29

pre-soak measurements:

waist: 14.75

inseam: 35 (hemmed by 2nd)

hem: 7.75

thigh: 11.125

post 1 hour, 15 min hot soak measurements:

waist: 14.5

inseam: 33.5

hem: 7.5

thigh: 11

first pic is kind of at a weird angle.

7101.jpg

7102.jpg

7103.jpg

after the hot soak they were tiiiiiiiiiight! i was barely able to button the top button. but as you can see they've stretched to a fit i like. as a matter of fact, they stretched to this state in just one day. granted, it was a pretty active day (lots of walking, riding my bike, helped my buddy move) so i'm not totally surprised by how much they gave. for reference, i'm 5'5" 135 lbs, 30 in natural waist. i've now got my 2 projects for the next couple years as these will split time with my lvc 47's.

i want some of this samurai soap! i'm all for the nerdy purist aspect of raw denim... how can you order some and have it shipped to the US? it won't be silly expensive, will it?

its lot 10? zero denim stretches a lot though. depends if you have the patience to stretch em, and what fit you desire. you bought lot 10, i thought the 510 lot 10s were 2inches bigger than the patch says:confused:. i could be wrong.

There texas cotton and and they measure 14.5 across pre-soak for a size 31:mad:.

So i hoped 32 pre-soak and then fluxuate between 31-32 with wear and washs.

7101.jpg

so i need some opinions from you guys. i had 2nd hem these down to a 35 inseam. after the initial hot soak they shrank down to 33.5 which imo are still a bit long for my 5'5" frame. my lvc's are 32 inseam and the amount of stacking on those feels right. so my question is, if i wanted these to have a 32 inseam, should i go ahead and get these hemmed again or should i try a hot wash and dry? do you guys think i'd be able to get them to shrink another 1.5"?

i think you should give them a hot wash and a hot dry, and the inseam will have shrunk as much as it will. if you've already at least hot soaked, i doubt you'll get another 1.5" shrinkage out of the inseam, but maybe!

i initially hot soaked and air dried mine, and that didn't cut it. in fact, i'd say that only got about 50% of the shrinkage out of them. hot wash and hot dry is the way to go. watch out for dryer creases... fucking dryer son of a bitch asshole... shit looks stupid for the first few months until you wear them out.

oh! and i'm thinking of having mine hemmed too. i'm digging the stacks these have going, but i can't really wear them with anything other than a low cut sneaker. otherwise, i get that tubular boxy lower leg thing (in half cabs for example.)

thanks for the replies enjoy!

watch out for dryer creases

this is what worries me the most. i rigged a "drying device" where i hung the jeans in a doorway. then i placed a space heater under it and turned it on full blast to dry. would this technique get as much shrinkage as a dryer? or does the tumbling help?

7101.jpg

so i need some opinions from you guys. i had 2nd hem these down to a 35 inseam. after the initial hot soak they shrank down to 33.5 which imo are still a bit long for my 5'5" frame. my lvc's are 32 inseam and the amount of stacking on those feels right. so my question is, if i wanted these to have a 32 inseam, should i go ahead and get these hemmed again or should i try a hot wash and dry? do you guys think i'd be able to get them to shrink another 1.5"?

I don't think you are going to be able to get them to shrink another 1.5" in length. They may shrink another .5in but, they will most likely stretch back out again. I would just have them taken up another in and then wear them. I shutter everytime someone mentions using the dryer.

i think you should give them a hot wash and a hot dry, and the inseam will have shrunk as much as it will. if you've already at least hot soaked, i doubt you'll get another 1.5" shrinkage out of the inseam, but maybe!

i initially hot soaked and air dried mine, and that didn't cut it. in fact, i'd say that only got about 50% of the shrinkage out of them. hot wash and hot dry is the way to go. watch out for dryer creases... fucking dryer son of a bitch asshole... shit looks stupid for the first few months until you wear them out.

I agree, but i'd wear them in the shower at the gym with hot water then go play basket ball for 5 hours on the hot court. but dats just me

thanks for the replies enjoy!

this is what worries me the most. i rigged a "drying device" where i hung the jeans in a doorway. then i placed a space heater under it and turned it on full blast to dry. would this technique get as much shrinkage as a dryer? or does the tumbling help?

tumble creases arent too bad... instead of that rigging device, my dryer came with a detachable rack for stuff you dont want rolling around. i have lost it since but im sure theres one for your washer as well. i would just throw mine in the dryer as well but my aunt would fucking kill (and i mean kill) me for making her new dryer blue