Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

yeh i didn't say i wanted them to fit the same as 19cm dh.

just looking for something similar in fit and 19cm dh are a pretty good

measure to compare other jeans to.

Especially when looking at buying something i can't try on

i dunno, personally, i wouldn't recommend any of samurai's cuts for a pair of jeans similar to the 19cm. you could size down a pair of 710s like... twice? to get similar dimensions, but the weight of the denim and the cut of the upper block won't lend its way to a dior-like fit. diors are super straight all the way down and darted at the hips, whereas 710s have a full hip which tapers up to the waistband.

i dunno, personally, i wouldn't recommend any of samurai's cuts for a pair of jeans similar to the 19cm. you could size down a pair of 710s like... twice? to get similar dimensions, but the weight of the denim and the cut of the upper block won't lend its way to a dior-like fit. diors are super straight all the way down and darted at the hips, whereas 710s have a full hip which tapers up to the waistband.

cheers for the legit response

I'm thinking that my Samurai 5000VXs are going to become a Samurai X Dior jean very soon.

In terms of straight legs, I have a pair of Levis 1955s which have a high rise that I prefer. The low rise and the seat on my size 28 5000s seem like a good core for a slouchy skinny jean. And I know a tailor that does a great job for 20 bucks.

But this is just a preponderance for the distant future.

just pulled my 500xxs out of the washer after a super hot wash w/o detergent.

i could barely handle them they were so hot lol theyre hanging up now..

I am trying to stretch my size 27's to a size 29-30 waist lol. What saddens me is that when I soak these initially, they didn't loose a lot of indigo. Did this happen to anyone with 0500xx or any of their samurai's? Compare to my Flat head 3001's, those lost more indigo and even when they were wearable, the indigo on the FH3001's would rub on t shirts or whatever it rubs on, but the I haven't had any indigo rub on my sammies. What does this mean in terms of quality?

I am trying to stretch my size 27's to a size 29-30 waist lol. What saddens me is that when I soak these initially, they didn't loose a lot of indigo. Did this happen to anyone with 0500xx or any of their samurai's? Compare to my Flat head 3001's, those lost more indigo and even when they were wearable, the indigo on the FH3001's would rub on t shirts or whatever it rubs on, but the I haven't had any indigo rub on my sammies. What does this mean in terms of quality?

i would think that means that they are of a higher quality but i have no clue about that.

plus its been mentioned that for faster fades flathead is the jean to choose so it doesnt really surprise me that they tend to lose indigo faster

i would think that means that they are of a higher quality but i have no clue about that.

plus its been mentioned that for faster fades flathead is the jean to choose so it doesnt really surprise me that they tend to lose indigo faster

that is true. I always wonder the different dyeing process that each company goes through.

your avatar is nice.

think he should have gotten a different cut. And unless that's pre-soak, it doesn't seem like he's a 30. Probably would have been better off with a 30 in the 5000 IMO and a hem.

I say a size 29 in the 5000vx.

lol thats over a years worth of wear. i just cant wear my jeans very often. i work at a khakis only job.

theyre fading hella slow but im gonna keep wearing em

dry-crocking (or the lack thereof) cannot be a measure of quality per se. both FH and Samurai put out high-quality product. flatheads fade fast, and give higher-than-average contrast. samurai usually only crocks where abraded. i cant understand why you were dissapointed when there wasn't dye lost in the soak. dude, i took a hem-scrap from FC denim and scrubbed the shit out of it on some bricks. then i boiled it in the microwave, and then baked it in the oven until bacon-crisp. to my suprise, after i squez it out and wrung it over the bowl of water, almost no indigo was lost! not even this color blue:cool: it was almost clear. thats when i knew i would be in it for the loooong haul.