Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i don't get how people wear their jeans "hard"-- especially with the 19oz heavy denim, i don't see myself ever getting these ridiculous fades since i never do anything special to "wear them hard" -- i'm a student that spends most of his time sitting in class or sitting at a desk studying...

i just figure that the only way to get these jeans so faded is if i constantly played sports in them or if i did some blue collar job...

i have the exact same problem my 5 month flatheads are less faded than this guys 4 month blacks which i think is ridiculous

i have the exact same problem my 5 month flatheads are less faded than this guys 4 month blacks which i think is ridiculous

hell, they're more faded than my Oni at about 9 months.

i don't really understand the concept of "wearing hard" either, as I do the blue collar thing in mine about 3 days a week and split the rest of my time with a pair of 5000vx. I guess I don't do a ton of walking around the city type stuff like some of these New Yorkers, but I'm still active most of the day. I'd think army crawling through a crawl space here and there would even that out, but...negative.

x-post from evo thread; almost 4 months on s710bk19oz

p1040098jk9.jpg

p1040102ny8.jpg

p1040099cb3.jpg

p1040100lk2.jpg

Crotch is coming apart. I tried repairing and reinforcing but the threads won't hold, and now a new hole has formed. They're going to need a more professional repair with patching... I hope they will hold till I get the Fullcounts...

wtf unreal

I think what people usually mean when they say "wear them harder" is "wear them more." I don't suspect that anyone intends you to take up rock climbing or extreme sports when they say "wear your jeans harder."

Besides which, the whole process of wearing in your own raw denim is that the result is ultimately unique to you. What fun would it be if everyone wore their jeans as "hard" as possible (whatever that even means) and all the jeans came out the same? I personally LIKE the variation in result that different people get with the same jean. Some get really contrasty fades, some get really subtle fades, some get really washed out vintage looking fades, and sometimes they barely get any fades. Besides which, without the advantage of outliers, how would we even know what "good" fades are? :)

hell, they're more faded than my Oni at about 9 months.

i don't really understand the concept of "wearing hard" either, as I do the blue collar thing in mine about 3 days a week and split the rest of my time with a pair of 5000vx. I guess I don't do a ton of walking around the city type stuff like some of these New Yorkers, but I'm still active most of the day. I'd think army crawling through a crawl space here and there would even that out, but...negative.

basically anything that exerts a lot of sweat and energy out of you. for me, skateboarding and riding bike... like ryu says, i recommend you to ride bike.

i used to do some skating in my sammies, but eventually gave it up after i was going to the hospital too often. still took me a year to develop honeycombs. don't care really...i love them. just noting some significant differences between wearers even with the same denim--and even with high level of activity. just goes to show that there are many many factors going into the whole process.

damn, days like today in aus (35-40C) make me sad. I can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit so I can get some decent wear on my 710bk. Although I like how the hidden stitching is already going peek-a-boo and I've only been wearing them once-weekly for a month!

Here's pics of them pre-soak:

feeanl.jpg

2j8kg6.jpg

mannn... i splattered some pancake batter on my week old 710's. what to do???? WHAT TO DOOOO?????

When you asked this, you weren't intending on keeping it unwashed did you? And you aren't wearing them as you're reading this.. right? If so that's just grimey. Now hurry hurry. Clean it up. You'll be aiiiight, Pig-Pen.

So I copped some 710xx and i am a normal waist of 34-35 and i copped 35's.....they fit me perfect outside i can only button the 4 bottom buttons.

I didn't know to size up 2 and went true to size and the problem is they dont make a size 37 and i feel a 38 would be overly too big...should i keep the 35's and see if they stretch or exchange for 36's which is what i orginally ordered but big was out and I was playing it safe on sizing...

Any good advise would be appreciated

Note I do plan on droppin 10-15 more pounds over the next coming months

If it is really bad just wash them. I got bbq sauce on my 5000vxes 2 weeks in and just washed them and four months later they look great. Its not going to ruin your chance at fades.

re-posted just so you know i'm not lying.

w2iq9d.jpg

these are the 21oz version yes?

who here has experience with both 5000bks and 5000vx 21oz?? i know the two are sized the same but cant remember the whole discrepancy, the 21oz about a size smaller maybe?

So I copped some 710xx and i am a normal waist of 34-35 and i copped 35's.....they fit me perfect outside i can only button the 4 bottom buttons.

I didn't know to size up 2 and went true to size and the problem is they dont make a size 37 and i feel a 38 would be overly too big...should i keep the 35's and see if they stretch or exchange for 36's which is what i orginally ordered but big was out and I was playing it safe on sizing...

Any good advise would be appreciated

Note I do plan on droppin 10-15 more pounds over the next coming months

ANYONE ANYONE?

this is a bad idea

you need to buy the 36's and give them a proper good hot water soak

the 35's will be too small but you wont be pissed about it until months from now when you get a shitty crotch blowout from buying jeans that dont fit. They arent apc's.....

this is a bad idea

you need to buy the 36's and give them a proper good hot water soak

the 35's will be too small but you wont be pissed about it until months from now when you get a shitty crotch blowout from buying jeans that dont fit. They arent apc's.....

I have tons of room everywhere except the waist which shouldnt be a problem when i lose more weight..