Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Guest xtreme588
Ugh I think I'm giving up on my 610s for a while to send them out to denim doctors for some slight tapering. my sexsc06s fit so much better

i got my 610s tapered to 8 by denim doctors and they fit amazing

Sign me up for a Samurai mouse pad.

Do I have to buy something from 2nd to get it?

Very cool.

yea, you get it from 2nd.

the first time I ordered from them they gave me a calendar. A japanese calendar. Then the second time I asked if they still give free mouse pads and luckily everything translated well and they sent me one. I was very stoked when I got it. It is going to be my mouse pad forever.

x-post with the evolution thread. They've been retired because of the crotch rip, and I'm still growing, so they've gotten too small. Now I'm working on a pair of BK's one size bigger.

Samurai S5000VX. 353 days of wear, 6 washes, 3 repairs, lots of pics.

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

these are pretty delicious

How long has it been?

I'm not sure. I've had them since July of 2006 but have been alternating with some Oni Blues for about 9 months, pretty much wearing the Sammies when I know I'm not going out and getting dirty and if the Blues have mud on them or something. Apparently I don't wear my jeans very hard because it's been at least 2 years and they don't loook like they would be much past a year or so looking at other fades on here.

I'm not sure. I've had them since July of 2006 but have been alternating with some Oni Blues for about 9 months, pretty much wearing the Sammies when I know I'm not going out and getting dirty and if the Blues have mud on them or something. Apparently I don't wear my jeans very hard because it's been at least 2 years and they don't loook like they would be much past a year or so looking at other fades on here.

yeah, i wouldn't have thought 2 years on either pair, but you do alternate. the sam USA model @BIG are the ones with the hidden arcs. 15 oz. lined back pockets, cinch-back, the works. $285.

x-posted in evo thread. USAs, almost every day from the beginning of march until a few weeks ago.

usa03-1.jpg

You didn't do anything different to the hidden arcs in those USA's did you?

I thought they had a regular style Samurai arc stitched into the lining.

That arc looks strange!

I wonder what the story behind that is.

S710BK = same greyish colour fading as S5000BKs right?
i believe 710bk fades the same as indigo denim.

both jeans are dyed with sulfur and thus will fade like one another, and being as how both the sulfur dyed blacks and indigo dyed blues both have dyed warp yarns and white/ecru weft yarns both the blue and blacks will fade similarly

bike polo!

how often have you been washing those, out of curiosity? i really like the understated contrast; how none of the different shades really jump out at you at all. emphasizes how much you've likely been beating on them playing this "bike polo"...

Initially hot washed no soap and machine dried. Then re-soaked and air dried to stiffen. Hot soaked again last week.

Started them in June, probably about 4-5 months effective wear esp. since I started rotating with a pair of s710BK's.

Had a slight motorcycle mishap early on, which put a good rub under the right rear pocket and right side of right knee, but the rest is catching up now. I think they'll be nice in another 4 months, if I can stop wearing the 710's so much.

color is most accurate in rear pocket CU pic I think . . .

L1020718.jpg

L1020719.jpg

L1020723.jpg

L1020725.jpg

L1020727.jpg