Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

you need to go outside during the day and do some sort of aerobic activity.

i'm sort of being sarcastic but it's true. i spent the first month in mine riding bikes almost exclusively at night (florida is a hot place,) but recently started skateboarding again (during the day) and i'm getting hyper blue contrast everywhere... after a week of skating. lots of gay sandpaper fades too because i can barely land any flips anymore and my board keeps dicking up into my legs.

skating in florida in sams......... the stink of your jeans must be heinous!

My 500xx just got in the bath tub with scalding hot water and Dr Bronners Rose.

:) they wont look completely special, but i'll post pics when theyre done.

3116856856_b2f2c4a50e.jpg

I dont know why they are so light in this picture.. everything else in the picture is fine, but the jeans look too light. These are definitely coming along. just very slowly...

A quick update on the s5000vx's I washed yesterday. Here are some fit pics. The color didn't change a whole lot, about the only difference is the worn areas are whiter and don't have a dingy tint to them. My experience has been that the color doesn't change much right after the wash, but over the next couple weeks the loosened indigo "flakes" and falls off. Although the wash definitely got them nice and snug, you can barely see the hip flare in these.

3116003739_c49e37470f.jpg

The tucked shirt is only to show off the sams

3116834972_2285dfc5fc.jpg

and the combs. my wallet looks crazy weird.

3116011407_6bbe910559.jpg

Compared to when I first got them. This pic was about a week after my first soak. I ended up having to do a no-detergent wash and hot dry a couple days after this pic was taken just to get them shrunk down.

502115676_a60f3a06dd.jpg

I've been thinking about the s5000bk or s5000vx. I am a 32 in APC (stretched out to a 34.5~35, 33 in nudie average joe (stretched to a 35).

I want more of a straight almost slim fit. Would the tagged 33, measures 35 be the way to go? I figure if they shrink to 34, they'll easily stretch back out to 35

I know that BIG has post soak measurements for PBJ in a different model than xx-005, but it seems pretty drastic. Two inches in the waist? They also have shrinkage for Samurai, but not the 5000bk unless they're all the same.

Are the Samurai s5000bk/vx a similar cut to the Iron Heart 634s?

how much wash or soaks does it usually take for the sams to fully get shrunken down?

^ also, Kjwell. WIck how did you fit those so perfectly raw without soaking yet? how much did you size down? what is your body measurment?

it is a really good fit

i got them one wash from BiG. they are sz 30 and i think my actual waist size is around 33 or 34, and im 6'3.

(for sweet fits and fades size down lots)

i got them one wash from BiG. they are sz 30 and i think my actual waist size is around 33 or 34, and im 6'3.

(for sweet fits and fades size down lots)

wow, are you sure youre 33/34?

that means sizing down one or two is not the ideal sizing strategy. If it's true, then maybe I shouldve bought a size 26!

we gotta change the front page. Sizing down 3 or 4 is doable!

are yours lot 10? does this have any effect?

I am still interested in how many washes before samurais gets to its smallest size.

So got my 710's and they look amazing.

One issue though - I know it's recommended to give them a good soak to shrink them down before you start wearing them. Brand new and un-soaked they're fairly loose most places, but the waist is pretty snug already....not sure I could still wear them if the waist shrunk an inch.

What's the best way to go about soaking them? Wearing them during the soak so the waist doesn't shrink down too much?

I am still interested in how many washes before samurais gets to its smallest size.

It's a few. The waist isn't that big a deal because it only stays tight for a day after washing. However it seems that the inseam still is affected after 3 or 4 washes. I don't think mine shrank too much, but the leg did twist some more so it's trying to learn how to stack again.

It's a few. The waist isn't that big a deal because it only stays tight for a day after washing. However it seems that the inseam still is affected after 3 or 4 washes. I don't think mine shrank too much, but the leg did twist some more so it's trying to learn how to stack again.

sounds about right. i remember checking out a raw pair of wranglers at some cowboy store and the inside tag said "wash 3 times before wearing," so i've just been sticking by that with unsanforized jeans. i actually tried those on and they fit way good, and were super cheap. felt like crap though. maybe i should go back.

I'm a size 31 in FC 1108 but sized down because I though there would be hip flare.

I regret sizing down though. The waist is fine but I need a little more crotch room and I don't think the fit is very flattering. Really bugs me. I was expecting that these would stretch out a lot like the FC 1108 so sizing down one would make it perfect after a month or so of wear but I'm thinking now that this denim doesn't stretch much.

-------------EDIT/UPDATE 12/28/08--------------

I guess I spoke too early... at this point everything seems to fit perfectly. The stacking/inseam is pretty much there (I don't cuff) but I'm contemplating taking an inch off so there's less stacking/wrinkle.

The thick part of the waistband has stretched a little bit, but they still sit right above my hip bone and everything is perfect. Crotch room is comfortable and normal and I don't think about it as I did before. Nothing looks tight or "fat" because everything seems to drape much nicely now.

Sizing down is definitely do-able and I don't regret sizing down at all. Actually it's quite nice knowing that the waistband won't stretch undesirably much if I don't wear a belt. There's a comment in this thread from someone giving a guide for the sizing on these jeans which said that sizing down would be "model chic" while going true to size was a manly silhouette. If the poster implied that sizing down it lends itself toward a more effeminate silhouette, I would disagree at least in my case.

But sometimes I question why I would go through so much work/pain in buying jeans that cost so much and then require an uncomfortable break-in period... and then I answer myself with the fact that I'm totally and perfectly satisfied with the construction quality, feel, exclusivity, and look of this jean -- at least for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What do you all think of the fit?

The%20Front.bmpThe%20Side.bmpThe%20Back.bmp

front.bmpside.bmpback.bmp

yeah, try wearing them lower. if that doesn't work, sell them ASAP and size up.

i bought true to size for my 710s and thought i had bought them too large at first, but these are strange. every time i go skating in them, they shrink a bit more instead of stretching (due to heat and moisture/sweat.)

I need you guys' opinion, I'm in need of new jeans, lately I have been wearing my April 77 Overdrive(28) quite frequently and I'm a little tired of the skinny look so I was looking for something slim and I think the 710 would be a good fit....The S610 looks good but I'm afraid the rise will be too ball crushing like my Dior or Joey...

I wear sz 26-27 in Dior 19 cm, would a 28 in the 710 be good?