Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

im curious why everybody suffers from crotch blowouts

i never had this problem with my samurai or diors

is this from too much sizing down or giant penises

I suspect that biking for 4 hours causes the same amount of denim stress as 4 months of regular wear, especially if you wear your jeans sufu style by sizing down 10.

Lots of people on here (myself included) are avid bikers... Draw your own conclusions. :)

The S5000AI-10SP are up on the BiG website and the measurements confirm what I experienced with my pair. They run TTS prior to shrinking. That is they're more like levis in that they appear to shrink FROM tagged size rather than TO tagged size:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5080&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

sam_s5000-10sp_spex_web.jpg

im curious why everybody suffers from crotch blowouts

i never had this problem with my samurai or diors

is this from too much sizing down or giant penises

Most of it has to do with the lack of washing. Washing tightens up fabric and makes it last longer. Getting that super high contrast is done at the expense of the fabric.

I suspect that biking for 4 hours causes the same amount of denim stress as 4 months of regular wear, especially if you wear your jeans sufu style by sizing down 10.

Lots of people on here (myself included) are avid bikers... Draw your own conclusions. :)

no way! i ride on a somewhat regular basis and have never had a crotch blowout, even in nudies (but it certainly does put stress in the area, i agree.) i also wear my pants relatively near my waist, so it's not a huge concern here.

Does the same rule apply for the sizing of the Samurai s5000 when getting the 21oz version? Size down 1 for regular fit and size down 2 for a slim fit? thanks.

No, the same rule does not apply. It's true waist size with the 21oz s5000's because they are slightly smaller in the waist and don't stretch much.

Stretching Samurai's 21oz denim to fit your waist better just because you wanted a slimmer fit? That's hell! That's pain right there.

How much fun could a 21oz Sammy be if it was in a slimmer cut?

Say s0500 or 710's?

Mmm.

True to waist.

^

You can't be serious? That's awful. She must really have it out for you.

Or thinks you have bad hygene.

Either way you need to wear those denimz. Somebody all stealthly snuck in your room and drunkenly washed your Japanese denimz?

Wear those denim trousers.

I just received my pair today. Interesting surprises with these...

It was the first time I've purchased jeans without trying them on, so I'm really happy that it was the right fit I was looking for. From a size 31 in Fullcount 1108, I sized down to 30 to minimize hip flare.

A few things to get used to:

My other jeans, Fullcount 1108, are of Zimbabwe cotton, so they feel a lot softer and lighter (!!!) than these. The FC's are only 13.75 oz, after all. The Sams are a lot stiffer than my FC's when they started out. I think maybe there's less crotch room too. I need more ball room (!!!). It's a bit uncomfortable right now having thick, stiff cloth bunching and packing my stuff together. I hope the crotch stretches out soon.

Just as Gordon said, these were definitely cut with some hip flare... Not that there's a lot, but they're cut in such a way that they're tight around the hip bone and then become narrow higher up at the waist. There's more hip flare on these than the FC 1108, of which there is little to none on me.

Comparing the blue right after a 1-hr hot soak and air dry between this pair and the FC's, I think I like the FC's better. It's definitely a shade lighter and duller. But seeing others' results on these pair, I have faith that these will become better.

Not so sure how I feel about these... Fit is good, but cloth is pretty scratchy and I definitely need more room in my crotch. Why the hell would the Samurai people cut these jeans with such little room? Almost as if it's for women instead of men. It's fine standing, but sitting is not natural and feels irritating.

I'll post fit pics here later on.

Oh btw, an hr super-hot soak is enough to get out most of the inseam shrinkage, right? I'm hoping so, because dealing with getting these on while damp sucked so bad. My fingers are covered in blue and my thumb and index finger are sore from wrestling with the buttons...

I just received my pair today. Interesting surprises with these...

It was the first time I've purchased jeans without trying them on, so I'm really happy that it was the right fit I was looking for. From a size 31 in Fullcount 1108, I sized down to 30 to minimize hip flare.

A few things to get used to:

My other jeans, Fullcount 1108, are of Zimbabwe cotton, so they feel a lot softer and lighter (!!!) than these. The FC's are only 13.75 oz, after all. The Sams are a lot stiffer than my FC's when they started out. I think maybe there's less crotch room too. I need more ball room (!!!). It's a bit uncomfortable right now having thick, stiff cloth bunching and packing my stuff together. I hope the crotch stretches out soon.

Just as Gordon said, these were definitely cut with some hip flare... Not that there's a lot, but they're cut in such a way that they're tight around the hip bone and then become narrow higher up at the waist. There's more hip flare on these than the FC 1108, of which there is little to none on me.

Comparing the blue right after a 1-hr hot soak and air dry between this pair and the FC's, I think I like the FC's better. It's definitely a shade lighter and duller. But seeing others' results on these pair, I have faith that these will become better.

Not so sure how I feel about these... Fit is good, but cloth is pretty scratchy and I definitely need more room in my crotch. Why the hell would the Samurai people cut these jeans with such little room? Almost as if it's for women instead of men. It's fine standing, but sitting is not natural and feels irritating.

I'll post fit pics here later on.

Oh btw, an hr super-hot soak is enough to get out most of the inseam shrinkage, right? I'm hoping so, because dealing with getting these on while damp sucked so bad. My fingers are covered in blue and my thumb and index finger are sore from wrestling with the buttons...

maybe you got too small of a size...?

The legs are perfect and if I got 31 then there could have been hip flare so I think these were the best size for me, minus the lack of room.

If you want to get rid of the hip flare, just shove a bottle of beer in the waistband by your hip and do a couple of squats. The jeans have enough give to get rid of the flare. Remember no pain, no gain.

If you want to get rid of the hip flare, just shove a bottle of beer in the waistband by your hip and do a couple of squats. The jeans have enough give to get rid of the flare. Remember no pain, no gain.

I want to get more crotch room. I guess I'll try to squat to stretch out the crotch but I maybe I'll have to wear a cup...