Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

post soak: soaked for 2 hrs, changed hot water every 30mins

jeans are still a little damp though. sorry for the blur pics. taken late at night. no natural light + lousy camera.

9s9og9.jpg

2v8mtdl.jpg

The waist has certainly shrunk and so has the thighs. do you guys think they can be shrunk any further? one more hot soak or wash?

Cross post from evolution. Here's my Samurai s5000vx at about 3 or 4 months wear. Really loving the fade on these. These are lot 8 so they fit a little loose and are taking a while to break in. Love them though

s5000vx3mofrontac5.jpg

s5000vx3mobackry8.jpg

how does everyone suggest i size a pair of S0610LX? ive read a few schools of thought on here- true to size, or down 2, as they only run in even sizes. do they stretch much? havent had experience with texas cotton

true waist of 32

measure your waist - if you're a true size 32 than go with the 32.

i'm glad i did. i was a true 33 when i first bought them - hot soaked, threw em in the dryer to dry completely, and thought i had gotten all the shrinkage out.

i've lost 15 lbs since and my waist has gotten down to a true 31.5. i have soaked and dried them again, and they DEFINITELY shrank down a little more bc i put them on after drying and they fit pretty snug.

i can't imagine trying to put these on after the seconds soak/dry if i was still a true 33.

i'm of the school that def thinks that texas cotton takes a couple or so soak/dries to get full shrinkage out. mine fit perfect now. also keep in mind i dry mine (which some poeple think is sacrilege on here) if you just soak you might not get it all out.

I don't know of a thread that basically discusses motorcycle wrecks and their effects on the jeans, but it doesn't really matter. A few months ago I took a spill and dragged for a little bit and I was wearing some 17oz Samurai Jins and they have slight abrasion on the ankle on one side but were pretty much unscathed. My skin underneath was fine, but on my elbow where I was also dragging (and I was wearing a padded motorcycle jacket) there was a lot of blood and scratches into the skin.

I don't know of a thread that basically discusses motorcycle wrecks and their effects on the jeans, but it doesn't really matter. A few months ago I took a spill and dragged for a little bit and I was wearing some 17oz Samurai Jins and they have slight abrasion on the ankle on one side but were pretty much unscathed. My skin underneath was fine, but on my elbow where I was also dragging (and I was wearing a padded motorcycle jacket) there was a lot of blood and scratches into the skin.

Had the same bad experience with my sc okinawa,jeans came much better out than my trusty Vespa:

P1020702.jpg

Did you take pics of your jins?