chris_n

Full Count Denim Thread

Read a little back about the whole back pocket fiasco. It seemed at the time, they said there would be two version (in Japan), but sadly all I am seeing on rakuten are the no arcs. Found a pair of 1101XXs with arcs on yahoo auctions (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o315183176). Not a deal or anything but tempted.

Had a pair of regular 1101s from a while ago that I wore for a few months and stopped. Kind of tempted to grab another pair as I am in need of a new pair!

Except for the "do it yourself" painted arcs coming with the new WW2 model :)

BiG has 4 models up in one wash.

The 0105 is a mightily sized jean. Size 34 one wash has an 18" back rise. That's a lot of back rise. The leg opening is bigger by about 3/4 of an inch. The front rise seems bigger, as does the thigh and knee. Not a fan.

Why did they decide to put a tiny 31" inseam on the one-washed models smaller than size 33? I'm glad I bought my old 1108s (which have a 34" inseam) when I did because the new ones would be way too short for me.

It's puzzling to me why Japanese companies like Full Count that are seeking overseas success insist on doing this when there are a whole lot of people in the US and Europe who need a longer inseam. It's extremely easy to hem jeans if they're too long, but there's nothing you can do if they're too short.

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

20 hours ago, mousemouse said:

Does anyone here use the full count 6210/6211 wild leather belt? I have one in natural color and have worn it primarily for around 5 years now. The plating on the buckle on the top half is gone and what seems like brass or rust under is showing. Does anyone know what material they use for buckles?

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

20190805_214241.jpg

11 hours ago, fresh1 said:

Okayama Denim says it's a brass buckle, so it's probably just the natural patina. 

This is my brass buckle.  It started out uniformly shiny, and now one side is considerably duller than the other. 

I'd just go with it, but you may be able to polish it. 

20190805_214241.jpg

Thanks @fresh1 I guess the part of my belt with no coating looks similar

belt.thumb.jpg.9e099d51b8d3463e6db671b2adbdaf33.jpg

It's probably the way we handle the buckle or possibly the top touches our stomach when sitting. 

Mine is due to my droopy boobs hanging out of the bottom of my t-shirt.

11 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Mine is due to my droopy boobs hanging out of the bottom of my t-shirt.

Making a note to myself not to click on the WAYWT thread if I see that you are the most recent poster...