Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I feel like this take on WWII models is starting to get a little lazy.
"Boss, how are we going to make our WWII jeans stand out from the competition?"
Miki-san: "Oh I've got it, just leave about 3 inches of runoff at every possible sewing point!"
:wacko2:

2 hours ago, jkbrwn said:

I read the subsequent comments first and still had a good chuckle when I opened the link.

I honestly can't decide if they're a winking self-parody or taking wonky self-seriousness to its extreme.

Edited by yung_flynn

9 minutes ago, yung_flynn said:

I read the subsequent comments first and still had a good chuckle when I opened the link.

I honestly can't decide if they're a winking self-parody or taking wonky self-seriousness to its extreme.

I wanna say they don't look as insane in SOAS's photos. But I can't help but feel they may have given them a bit of a trim, ha.

FULLCOUNT_86_700x.jpg?v=1723221021

FULLCOUNT_75_1500x1500.jpg?v=1723221314

As long as there are no holes in the garments and the seams are strong, I don’t see any major issues. Loose threads can be trimmed, or you can wear them as is if someone likes that. I’d prefer the former. I won’t buy these myself; I still have two pairs of FC from previous years that I’ve barely started wearing. I am a slow wearer.

I won’t lie the brown cotton is quite appealing to me. The spaghetti look definitely is not, I wish I knew if it was an attempt to be absurd and cheeky. Intent matters! Ha. I hope it is - same with the ridiculous Levi’s tag they got sued for. What is Miki-San on these days? 

If this is a genuine attempt to cash in on this look then the longer the excess thread, the shorter the garments are on dignity, and by extension, the brand…which I’ll concede is already an appropriate question. But I could trim those threads, because I’ve wanted some unbleached cotton weft in my life quite a bit. And I know I like these cuts.

Oh what to do. 

14 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I won’t lie the brown cotton is quite appealing to me. The spaghetti look definitely is not, I wish I knew if it was an attempt to be absurd and cheeky. Intent matters! Ha. I hope it is - same with the ridiculous Levi’s tag they got sued for. What is Miki-San on these days?

I also find the brown cotton very interesting.
On the Mushman blog there is an interesting write up on the set up.
Apparently the jacket fits a size bigger, but for the pants due to the higher rise he recommends to size up.
He is also selling them in non/wash but recommends to customers to try on the washed versions he has in his shop.

I'm wondering, if the brownish cotton is a different breed or whether the white is simply the brown one bleached. And that step was omitted during the war.

Edited by indigoeagle