SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

anyone have a contact at the rakuten shop "Bears?" after a week they haven't charged my card or replied to emails. i did receive the "this is the final cost including shipping please confirm" email, but nothing sense then. they have my correct card information so not sure what the delay is. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a contact.  But I can say that the times I have ordered from them, I had the exact same experience.  Relative to other shops, they simply take forever to get stuff shipped out.  Everything always came through in the end though.

Unfortunately, I don't have a contact.  But I can say that the times I have ordered from them, I had the exact same experience.  Relative to other shops, they simply take forever to get stuff shipped out.  Everything always came through in the end though.

yeah this is the exact opposite of the experience i've had at other rakuten shops. at this point i emailed them and told them to cancel the order. it's been 9 days of no communication so i feel like i'm warranted. shurg. i'll wait until later this week to be sure and order from a different shop. 

Edited by littlemike

Is the eternal 883 cut, skinny, slim, or more slim straight?

i have them - they are definitely 'slim' if you compare them to 95% of other japanese denim. i guess they could potentially be 'skinny' if you sized down enough, but no amount of sizing down will make them as tight as a pair of april 77s or something.

Edited by conqueror

I'm not sure exactly how Chucks fit in terms of sizing but in PF Flyers I wear my standard trainer size - UK9 - whereas my usual size for shoes/boots is a UK8.5. PF Flyers are quite roomy in the width, especially around the toebox, which I need as I have wide feet. When I recently tried on some of the 70s Chucks reissues, they felt too narrow in the width and tight around the toebox unless I sized up to the extent that they were far too long.

I've also bought some Pro Keds and UK8.5 is fine in those, so perhaps the PF Flyers may come up a little small.

Hope that's useful.

that's super thanks Maynard. i have super wide feet too and Chuck's were tough to break in because of that. any suggestion for a good EU based place to get them, by the chance?

No, my current ones are all from eBay. Search around as there are hundreds of sellers (predominantly in the US) and the shipping cost to Europe can vary massively between them.

EDIT: check Amazon UK for some good prices on Pro Keds though.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I just took delivery of some PBJ XX-011s. I have tried them on and they are perfect on the waist  and calves but really tight on the thighs - like skin tight. I ordered them from Japan and these are the second pair I've ordered in two months..the first ones were waaay too small. I don't want to send these back as it'll be ages before I get another pair and the cost is now getting silly.

They are raw and so would need soaking. My question is, what should I do regarding soaking them. I don't want them to shrink AT ALL. I want the thighs to loosen... So, if I put them on and sit in a very cool bath will this work? Will it help stretch the thighs whilst also serving to do what a soak should do?

Thanks

Damn,

I just tried them on again and sat around in them doing some lunges for about half an hour..they are tight on thigh but I can do the buttons up just fine. 

If I actually wore them in the bath on a cold soak then they wouldnt be able to shrink any more than my thighs circumference would they?!

So I'm looking for nice tshirts (blank solid colour, slightly looser fit, not too long) but the more popular brands are very pricey for tshirts. Which brands are the best bang for your buck?

So I bought this Levi's shirt this morning out of impulse. It looked nice and it was blue x grey selvedged so what the hay. A quick Google search led me to a dead end. Does anyone have any info on the type of shirt? Weight and when it was produced? What line of Levi's it is?

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151316185122

Edited by bigblack

I'm planning to order another pair of Momo's since mine are starting to fall apart after a year of intense wear.  I had the 705SP in 31 and the top block fit perfectly after some stretching (tight at first) but missed the taper I had in my other jeans.  I'm planning to get the tight tapered fit next but don't know if I would fit in the 31 or if I should size up to 32.

For comparison of measurements:

http://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-going-to-battle-157oz-tight-straight-raw-selvedge-denim-model-0705sp/

http://www.blueowl.us/product/momotaro-tight-tapered-heavyweight-18oz-raw-selvedge-denim-model-0305-50/

Basically, is the narrower waist due to the 1/2" increase in rise (I can stay the same size), or is the whole top block tighter on the tight tapered jeans (I should size up)?

If I buy a pair of one-wash unsanforised jeans, should I still give them a soak / wash myself to get rid of all the shrinkage?

Just wear them as is... its doubtful that you're going to get any more shrinkage but even if you do, it's going to be tiny and won't change the fit.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic