SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I think you've got it wrong. the proxfh05 is a 16oz in 3002 cut. The 20oz in this cut was a one-off production and that is sold out.

Thanks for the clarification. I emailed pronto and they're sold out of both. Thanks!

What's up with my combs? For some reason I'm not getting defined ones, like the rest of you seem to get.

kzVKKBI.jpg

As you can see, they have clearly formed, but haven't faded significantly. Here's a picture from the inside.

buNX1WU.jpg

Jeans are two years old with maybe one year effective wear, Indigoferas around ~15 oz. What am i doing wrong?!

Just bought my first pair of raw denim (J Brand Mick) and I was wondering how long I should wait to get them hemmed as they are a bit long too long for my liking. Something tells me I should wait until after my first wash but I just want to check with you folks on Superfuture. Thanks. 

What's up with my combs? For some reason I'm not getting defined ones, like the rest of you seem to get.

Have you washed them?  They still look raw.  Giving them a wash may loosen things up and expose some wear.

I'm trying to find a cheapish european stockist of Red Wing Iron Rangers (looking for a size 10, in the amberish brown) but I can't find anything <£200, anybody know of any deals going on?

where to start in terms of buying denim with a budget of 100 or so?

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/04/5-raw-denim-labels-under-100-part-1/

This should help, A friend has a pair of Cheap Mondays and really likes em

I have always thrown my jeans in the washer & dryer (inside out of course) with fine results, but I am currently breaking in a 21oz pair and was wondering if the heavier fabric runs a higher risk of unwanted creasing or whatever else.  Any extra precautions I should take, or is it really no different?  

Thanks for any advice.  

Are all naked and famous non-selvedge denim unsanforized or sanforized? I have a pair of raw weird guy soft stretch(non selvedge)..waist is kinda big. Trying to figure out the next step to shrink them a bit bc the fit is great but requires a belt.

Also emailed N&F about this. Idk how helpful they are but hopefully they can assist me.

I have always thrown my jeans in the washer & dryer (inside out of course) with fine results, but I am currently breaking in a 21oz pair and was wondering if the heavier fabric runs a higher risk of unwanted creasing or whatever else.  Any extra precautions I should take, or is it really no different?  

Thanks for any advice.  

I treat all denim the same. Turn them inside out, reduce the spin rate and all is fine.

So I am sure this topic comes up often but here goes nothing...What is the best way to avoid dryer lines? I want to use the dryer to get the most shrinkage out of the jeans but really don't like it when I get dryer lines. I am trying to shrink my sams. seems the heavier the weight the more lines. any advise will be great. thank you in advance. 

okay, so i'm looking for some loose/tapered denim that has a similar fit to the jeans morrissey is wearing in the picture below. preferably raw, but washed denim works too.  i was thinking about lvc 505, but i'm not really sure. thoughts?

tumblr_mdt165yfqu1qa1zfno1_500.jpg

@waisianman: having personally just moved from premium denim to raw selvedge, I can only assume that you don't want the hassle, effort and guess work that comes with breaking in and fading a pair of raws.. I don't think I could ever go back after just getting my first pair of raws, but each to their own!

That being the case then and assuming you want interesting washes or distressed, you should look at PRPS. Their washes are unique and well done (check out this seasons sulphur washes) and their denim is still made to a high quality using Zimbabwe cotton. Look to the PRPS Japan or PRPS noir (budget permitting) ranges but AVOID their lower range goods & co. From what you have said you would probably like their 'fury' cut.

For Interesting cuts and style with good construction, variation and materials look to Acne and Rag & bone. For coated slim styles look to belstaff, and to Balmain for ultra slim beautifully detailed biker denim.

As for chinos you can't go wrong with incotex/slowear - luxury construction & materials. Acne have also released an interesting range this season. For a wild card have a look at Moncler new season chinos - I haven't seen a pair in the flesh yet but I have a lot of moncler clothing, all of which is beautifully cut & styled and of the highest quality.

There are probably plenty of people in here who could advise on chinos from some of the raw denim stockists but if you are intent on avoiding those then this should help.

Thank you^ I love raw denim, it's just that some shoes I do not want indigo stains on.

Can someone confirm that if you wear your denim with the top button undone, this helps with stretching the waist of your jeans?

I wear a tagged 31 waist N&F weird guy (actually a 33 inch waist). Their is a UB221 on sale online but only a tagged 31 waist is available. Checked on blueowl and the measured waist for the tagged 31 is 32.5 inches. I'm tripping but fuuck I would hate to go through the return process & shit.

You would most certainly stretch the jeans out when you close all buttons, not vice versa. If the UB is sanforized, you would be able to stretch them to 33" without any hassle. In case that is the exact size you need (measured on your best fitting pair).

If it's just the indigo stains that trouble you: not all raw jeans bleed much, you can also wash them in the beginning to get rid of a decent amount of bleeding. Some dudes use ducktape on the hems to prevent indigo transfer. Most embrace it and live with it. 

I have to speak up against the PRPS recommendation. You get better quality in raw Jeans, that have not been sandpapered or lasered to death.

Edited by Max Power

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic