SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey guys, aesthetically, I know the qualities of the brands in this forum but how is a pair of Double RL raw jean rated to them?

Edited by LsaShawn

Hi, just started watching the (fairly) old HBO tv show Carnivale. It's set in the 1930's and the main character has some great bib overalls i'd like help identifying.

Below i've posted the largest shots I can find, i've tried to find more and anything I can about said dungarees but it's a fairly obscure show.

Any help would be appreciated  :)

cheers,

Dob

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

The inseam stitching (the sergerd one) is wearing off on my SDA. Not sure if I should worry about this fraying or not?

i've had that happen a little on a pair of jeans and never had any issues with it since the other inseam stitch was still fine. it was just a little bit though so if yours are coming off a lot, i'd maybe take it in and get it redone so it doesn't look so messy and frayed. 

i've had that happen a little on a pair of jeans and never had any issues with it since the other inseam stitch was still fine. it was just a little bit though so if yours are coming off a lot, i'd maybe take it in and get it redone so it doesn't look so messy and frayed. 

Yeah, what I am thinking of doing. Starting to get fairly bad.

Damn, I'm mental. Been visiting San Fran every year and didn't know Self Edge had a store. I'll make that my first stop, like the brands they carry there more.

Just be sure to medicate before you try on all those jawnz. Your thumbs will thank me.

Edited by Al6ert

Suggestions for slim denim jackets? Is it worth breaking in a raw jacket?

I'm looking for something to wear on cooler days but slim enough to layer under other jackets when it gets colder.

I think it's worth it. I'd check out Rogue Territory's supply jackets, and I'm sure someone else can put forth more recommendations, I'm not super well versed in jackets.

hey guys ! 

Looking for help so i hope you guys can enlight me ! 

I usually wear skinny fits for my denim, lately i'm pretty sick of it. I work all day outside walking 10/15km, my point is that skinny fit isn"t that comfy to wear all day. 

I'm looking for a regular/Slim (but not too much), i'm looking for IH, FH, PBJ what could you recommend ?

One more thing, i'm pretty skinny, 175cm for 55kg with grasshopper legs...i'm kinda scared to buy something at 300$ + if it's look like a baggy !!

hope i was clear all along :)

thanks

How skinny have your skinny fits been? The 3009 or 3012 from TFH or the Beatle Buster cut from IH might be up your street if you want some more room in the thighs and seat while not having too big a hem-width. Likewise you could look into the 003 cut from PBJ, which looks to be a good modern take on the straight cut.

hey guys ! 

Looking for help so i hope you guys can enlight me ! 

I usually wear skinny fits for my denim, lately i'm pretty sick of it. I work all day outside walking 10/15km, my point is that skinny fit isn"t that comfy to wear all day. 

I'm looking for a regular/Slim (but not too much), i'm looking for IH, FH, PBJ what could you recommend ?

One more thing, i'm pretty skinny, 175cm for 55kg with grasshopper legs...i'm kinda scared to buy something at 300$ + if it's look like a baggy !!

hope i was clear all along :)

thanks

^ if you have skinny legs and thighs then you can get away with purchasing a slim/straight fit (like the samurai s710) and they will appear closer to a straight cut. This is often a very flattering fit and I think you will be happy with the outcome...esp if you are used to skinny jeans. If you're normal is skinny fit than I would NOT recommend you going to a straight cut jean like the IH 634. If you want tried and true go with universally popular slim/straight fits: IH 666, Samurai s710, PBJ 005, or FH 3001.

I was going to have them wash and then hem.  I can probably take a good educated guess about what I should have them hemmed to raw.

it's still pretty cold where I live so if I have to soak them, I can't dry them outside yet.  I don't really have a place inside that I can hang wet jeans since I live with other people and can't leave them in the bath tub.

Edited by marti-mar

I'll be in Tokyo in 4 weeks. I'll only be in town for a minute but would love to grab a pair of jeans while I'm there so any jean shop recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Back in 2012 Paul_T did a little denim tour-guide for Tokyo on his blog. It gives you plenty of choices. Here's the blog: http://loomstate.co.uk/

You could also go to Bears in Shimokitizawa.  It's a short train ride from Shibuya.  I was there a few weeks ago and picked up a pair of the Fullcount x Bears jean.  They had a decent selection of Fullcount, Samurai, and Momotaro.  The shop was easy to find using the directions from previous posts on Superfuture.  There is also a Momotaro store at AO Bld 2F, 3-11-7 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 107-0061, Japan

Which is walking distance from Omotesando Hills and the general Harajuku area.  It's on the 2nd floor of a shopping center.  You can see a map of it on their Japanese website.  It was about a 10 minute walk from the Visvim store in Harajuku.  Have fun.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic