SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

atm, im hotsoaking my UJs, hoping for them to shrink mainly below the knees. Is there a special way to do that?

taper may be your best bet, but hot water soak with only the legs in water?

do o/w jomons stretch in the thigh? at all?

Anyone know where to get some high quality bandanas? I'm a construction worker so I always carry one in my back pocket but the cheap ones I get feel like sand paper and last about a month....

I have a pair of 2006 47501 in size 28, love the denim but it shrinks a little too much it's very very uncomfortable......

I usually wear size 27 in most jeans, do you think i would be ok to get a pair of size 30?(size up 1)

Thanks, will rep.:)

definitely! jeans do not have to be tight to the point of borderline uncomfortable. ive sized up on all my jeans and it works fine.

I'm trying to get a pair of still dark jeans to shrink, and I'm wondering how I should go about putting them in the washer while avoiding unwanted abrasion marks. Inside out? Towels? I've only ever put worn jeans in the washer, so I'm a little nervous.

i usually just turn the spin cycle off.. take them out, lay them on a towel to get excess water off then hang dry.. no awkward creases from the spin cycle.

^You can always do a soak in the machine.

1) Fill it with water

2) Lift lid to keep from agitating

3) Stick jeans in water

4) Drink a beer, watch some TV

5) Pull jeans out and hang dry

6) Close lid and let washer finish its cycle

Agitation = fading (correct me if I'm wrong). Basically, don't stir the pot, and the jeans stay dark with only minimal indigo loss. I'd keep from letting it agitate.

So I'm readying to wash my first pair of raw denim this week when I'm home for Thanksgiving, and I'm going to be pretty busy so I won't have much time to go shopping around for detergent.

I was wondering what the cons are to using just standard run of the mill detergent (like Tide or whatever I have in the laundry room) aside from a greater indigo loss? Will the added enzymes/whiteners weaken the fibers at all, or just remove more of the indigo/sheen?

So I'm readying to wash my first pair of raw denim this week when I'm home for Thanksgiving, and I'm going to be pretty busy so I won't have much time to go shopping around for detergent.

I was wondering what the cons are to using just standard run of the mill detergent (like Tide or whatever I have in the laundry room) aside from a greater indigo loss? Will the added enzymes/whiteners weaken the fibers at all, or just remove more of the indigo/sheen?

turn them inside out

wash with regular detergent or woolite black and take out before spin cycle.

everything will be perfectly fine

Does wool soften over time, or is the roughness mostly permanent? I'd wear my Buzz Rickson Tanker jacket more often if it was comfortable with a t-shirt, but it's kinda rough on my bare arms.

Brush over the wool inner shell with a coat brush - I did on mine, and it gave the wool a slight nap which is much more comfortable :)

Anyone with experience wearing indigo denim overdyed with black - how does it fade? Do you get blue showing through where the black fades with wear behind the knees and at the thighs or do the two colors fade through to the white core with even fading other places from washing? thanks

i'd get myself a pair of joe mccoy if i were only to buy a pair for a while, 906 or 905. they are sturdily well-built and at 14.75oz you can probably wear all year round. plus joe mccoy /real mccoy is always a classic brand so they'll never be out of style..

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic