SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Well, I tried using the search function on this thread, but it doesn't seem to work all that well. not sure. But anyway, here's my question.. What are the exact differences between left hand twill and right hand twill? After researching, I've only found that LHT tends to have a softer hand after a wash, but idk if there is more to it or not. Thanks in advance.

You're right, the search function on this thread is lousy,

The difference is not huge; there's the visual differentce, the twill line rising to the left rather than right. There's a slight difference in texture; left hand twill is - all things being equal, and they normally aren't - softer. This is to do with how the yarn is spun - a right hand twill kind of locks the yarn in. For much the same reason a few people have suggested the wear pattern is slightly different; I don't know, but left hand twill is often used for jeans that are Sanfoeized (Lee) which tend to wear in more smoothly.

how does the waist on lvc 1966 501s fit? tts or smaller like lvc 47's, some help please?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

Look at the measurements on there, you'll see both are made true to size, but the larger seat etc on the the 66 means you can downsize pretty easily; you cna go for your actual waist sixe on the 66, not recommended on the 47

im curious about the youngest and oldest sufuer, if anybody knows whos the oldest id like to know. I think i was the youngest (age 13 started lurking)

I know somebody that's actually a customer of ours that's 71 years old that is on Supertalk on a daily basis.

He used to do consulting for Nieman's and has worked directly with Calvin Klein and Donna Karan, he's probably the coolest person over the age of 60 i've ever met.

FUck them then. Pay the extra £30 or whatever for a raw pair, which will look better anyway.

If, on their website, they say they will shrink, and they don't, you can argue they're not of merchantable quality and demand your money back, if you're in the UK (always best to pay with a credit card in this case).

BUT... if they say they think they will shrink, as far as they know, and then they don't, you do not have a case to get your money back.

Of course, they should be able to tell you for definite, so I'd steer clear, for what my opinion's worth. I don't think the saving of £30 over retail is worth it.

The 55 sugar finish landed. Look shockingly "fake". Have fades no one could create with wear. So, regardless of fit (waist is fine, leg too long - they pretty much fit how I'd expect raw ones to fit pre-shrink) they are on their way back.

Bagged some 44's raw for the same price from elsewhere (was after 55's but no bargains to be had anywhere in 34/32).

how does the waist on lvc 1966 501s fit? tts or smaller like lvc 47's, some help please?

Got both in a pre-shrunk (raw) 34/32. The 66 are nowhere near as tight in the thigh and waist as the 66.

That said there was year between buying them so I have no idea if bought now that would be repeated.

Not sure that really helps!

Got both in a pre-shrunk (raw) 34/32. The 66 are nowhere near as tight in the thigh and waist as the 66.

That said there was year between buying them so I have no idea if bought now that would be repeated.

Not sure that really helps!

Washed are usually made in a different factory so unfortunately you can't extrapolate from one to the other.

Use the sizing chart linked earlier.

Real Gibsons?

I really need somebodys help. I need to see if the A77 gibson I bought are legit. The seller doesn't know. he emailed me a picture of the inside label which i can't post here for some reason but I included the links. The jeans don'td have a serial number. here is the link of the auction and the inside tag http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170510795740

SKMBT_C25310070907440.pdf .

How do Pointer brand pants fit? Mainly looking at the hickory stripe and cotton duck carpenter pants. A Continuous Lean said they run 2 sizes small, everywhere else I said they run big if anything :confused: If I generally order a 34x30 (35 true waist) what should I do?

hello!

I am in NY for the summer. I have had RRLs for about a year now and I want to move on to getting my second pair. Knowing I probably have the most choices here in Manhattan, SOHO, etc., I was wanting some opinions on what I should get for my second pair.

I am looking for a pair that'll last for a long time, and obviously not wear down quickly like my horrible sevens did in like 2 weeks. I went to a store called blue in green and tried on a pair of samurais model 710 19 oz and LOVED them but the price is a little too steep for me (325). Can anyone reccommend any other brands to me, as I am not very familiar with brands. I was thinking possibly New Standards (by the way the apc store is awesome inside), but I just wanted to see what else was out there. Want something slim, not too tight, and super good quality because I wear out jeans very quickly. (already three patches for my one year old rrls..)

Thanks!!!!

Any other input on this one guys?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic