SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I got a little bit of vomit splatter on my ih301S that i just washed for the second time ever the day before.

Should i attempt to spot clean, or should i just wash my entire jean again?

There are about 8 pinky nail sized spots of puke on each pant leg below the knee. Help me SUFU!!

What other jeans would fit similarly to these size 27 sd-103's? The only gripe I have with the jean is that the rise feels just a hair too short for me (my sack gets really agitated if I'm sitting for long durations of time). I kind of already asked this question, but here are some pictures:

yaya.jpg

I was thinking s0500xx--I'm aware a lot of people have the 103/0500 combo--but not sure what waist would be best. I'm 5'4" and 120 pounds for reference.

ive done it i prefer to do it then because 1. i know im keeping the jeans. 2. most of the shrinkage is out of the way

stacks of course youre cutting off part of the stacks. wont make a different to any other part of the jean since your just cutting off the bottom

Why are there two versions of the 1873 duck Levi's? One has riveted buttons and the other ones are sewn. One has a serge on half of the selvage and the other one doesn't have any at all.

The difference in serging is because they developed a new selvage fabric, I reckon.

The very earliest cotton duck overalls did have sewn suspender buttons etc. I don't know why they have switched to riveted, but my guess is they're basing it on another, slightly later example.

The difference in serging is because they developed a new selvage fabric, I reckon.

The very earliest cotton duck overalls did have sewn suspender buttons etc. I don't know why they have switched to riveted, but my guess is they're basing it on another, slightly later example.

Thanks for the info. I guess one has to ask which version the vendor has.

i've tried emailing them twice but never got a reply once. do you guys face problems like this as well?

I wouldn't buy Cone or most other denim unless I could do what Roy Slaper does - go into the warehouse and look at the rolls msyelft, maybe even take swatches, sand them and wash them. It's ipossible to tell whether they're loomstate from photos. Officially, Cone are not allowed to sell STF denim to anyone but Levi's.

Demonito would do much better to buy denim that he can actually handle before he buys.

I wouldn't buy Cone or most other denim unless I could do what Roy Slaper does - go into the warehouse and look at the rolls msyelft, maybe even take swatches, sand them and wash them. It's ipossible to tell whether they're loomstate from photos. Officially, Cone are not allowed to sell STF denim to anyone but Levi's.

Demonito would do much better to buy denim that he can actually handle before he buys.

Makes sense to me. Just that its going to be close to impossible for me to get fabric that I can physically feel since I'm not in the states. Future possibilities perhaps.

Reason I asked was because I just wanted to get some for the heck of it, to play around and learn something about making them instead of just sitting behind the screen and commenting about fits and stuff like that without having even tried making a pair for the hell of it.

I like the idea of evolving hobbies, whereby you actually learn something out of it. Say you're a car fan, you collect cars and know everything about them, then you start getting more interested in them and start building them yourself (?!?!) and you can learn so much out of it. Okay, bad analogy because you can't just make a car at home out of metal, but you get the drift.

That said, it'd be fun trying to make a pair. It'd be more fun than like erm, collecting stamps? Hahaha. (No offence to anyone who does that)

Thanks for the info Paul T!

The premium denim outlet has CONE denim for pretty cheap. Something like $4.95 a yard. I have about 15 yards of some stuff. It looks pretty nice and you can get some STF stuff through there as well. It is not the nicest denim though.

It would be ultimate if someone would be able to find some white oak black seed unsanforized denim and make that into a pair of non-levis jeans. Ohh, one could only wish.

Also, premium denim outlet will send you free samples. Maybe if you are not in the states, you might have to pay shipping.

Also, premium denim outlet will send you free samples. Maybe if you are not in the states, you might have to pay shipping.

I thought they'd gone out of business - turns out they were redesgining their website.

I think that the XVOS is the best Cone they do, from memory I think Roy might use that one.

Their website is hard to find. It's premiumdenimoutlet.com

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic