SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So just got the samirai geishas and i must have gotten the old version.

BIG has them listen on his site with pink inside pockets, mine are red plaid. they are lot 13 and i have no idea if they are washed or not.

BIG said they don't make the pink pocket ones anymore, just the red, maybe I misunderstood him.

here are some really shitty pictures of the fit.

they are so tight (size 1) and if they ARE raw, no way will i be able to wear them after soaking.

dont see any pics.

i thought they are one wash. you should call big and find out but if they are stiff as cardboard they are likely raw.

lot 13 is the newest lot and i like the red plaid pockets better anyway

dont see any pics.

i thought they are one wash. you should call big and find out but if they are stiff as cardboard they are likely raw.

lot 13 is the newest lot and i like the red plaid pockets better anyway

I contacted Gordon, they are updating the site, no more pink plaid. I do like the red better, and who cares anyway. They are one wash but man I hope they stretch, muffin top galore. Can't figure out how to post pictures.

Can I post them directly from the blackberry or upload and then I can't find the add pic thing. Any idea? Thanks and I do love them, guess they will hurt for a while.

I'm thinking about soaking my Uniqlo S-001s in the near future and was wondering what will happen to all my hard work? Will the back of my knees disappear and return to normal? Will the same thing happen to my lap? Sorry if it's been asked already, there's too many pages to wade through to find the answer.

Post some pictures of your uniqlos. How far along are you? Soaking and then drying will indeed get rid of your creases unless you wear your denim while it's damp so you set your creases. The new creases might not be in the same places as your old creases keep that in mind. If you have high contrast honeycomb fades then they'll still be there, however when you set your creases you might wanna pay more attention and try to have the creases in similar places as before.

In short, whatever hard work you put into your jeans won't be lost. It'll show through and remain in your jeans. If you didn't put that much effort in your jeans........well, that'll show up too haha

hope you understand

repairable? if so, is it going to involve replacing the entire zipper? if you can't already tell, towards the top of the zipper (on the right side) there is a small gap between the teeth. i love this pair (flat heads) and would hate to have to retire early simply because of the zipper

849220651_gVsmU-M.jpg

I'm thinking about soaking my Uniqlo S-001s in the near future and was wondering what will happen to all my hard work? Will the back of my knees disappear and return to normal? Will the same thing happen to my lap? Sorry if it's been asked already, there's too many pages to wade through to find the answer.

Just do it and stop worrying. You have to wash or soak your jeans some day. Your creases and combs will re-set in a day. As already mentioned, the combs may shift though. My Uniqlos shrink an inch in the inseam. But that was with a machine dry too.

this might sound stupid but do i need to bring them into a special repair shop or can any alteration place do it?

also, do i need to get a new button or anything?

Do a search for aftermarket rivet buttons like this:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/clothes-workwear/mens/mens-belts-mens-suspenders/mens-work-suspenders/91150.aspx?feature=product_4

Or see if Kiya can order and install one. That's not normal wear and tear, imo. Gordon replaced a button on my Momotaro last month. he used a Sam donut button that's easier to install.

Many buttons use a single post that drives into the back of the button. Many use a double-prong which has to be hammered down from the front of the button (see donut buttons). This is the stronger button, IMO. Many capped buttons I've seen are done this way and capped after riveting onto the jeans.

ok...a tailor should be able to do it. he might be able to put on the original button otherwise he should have some in stock

It's probably doubtful that the original button can be re-used. With capped buttons, you can't.

anyone know how the fit is on the skull 5507xx 6x6 compared to the sufuxdbxse ? also does anyone know when the 5507xx 6x6 are going to restock anywhere? sold out everywhere geez!

I have (had) both. Different cuts. Not radically different, but it's noticeable. With the exception of the slim leg on both, Skulls are higher rise, narrower in the hips, with much more taper. SExDB09s are more straight-leg slim.

Scuttlebutt is that there's a Skull restock soon.

need a little help here

ill be picking up a pair of N&F weird guy organic indigo selvedge

the overall fit of sz 30 is better but the waist is kinda tight

the waist of 31 is perfect but the fit kinda sucks

does the waist stretch out a fair amount? i was told that they wouldn't stretch like APCs...

this is the first pair of raw denim im buying in like 3 years

need a little help here

ill be picking up a pair of N&F weird guy organic indigo selvedge

the overall fit of sz 30 is better but the waist is kinda tight

the waist of 31 is perfect but the fit kinda sucks

does the waist stretch out a fair amount? i was told that they wouldn't stretch like APCs...

this is the first pair of raw denim im buying in like 3 years

You should go with the 30, they stretch about an inch in the waist within the first week or two.

Gentelmen,

I wear a tagged size of 31 in APC New Standards. 30s are too tight, and 32s become too big.

If a tagged size of 31 in APC NS fits perfect, what size Dior 21CM MIJ do I need? 32 or 31?

Thanks all, here are some fit pics of my APC NS

photo-5.jpg

ETA, anyone have an broken in APC NS' they wanna sell :-D

Are you supposed to hem and then do a soak for unsanforized jeans or soak and then hem? Or does the order not matter?

soak first would make more sense just in case you miscalculate shrinkage

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic