WoM - Contest duration  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which denim should we use?

• RS1950-ROW
    • RS501-UF

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Posted this before...

Edit DM'd my selection: 311 with hidden rivets, size 38, and 34" inseam (pre-soak/wash).

Screw it, DM'd my selection too. Going with the 311 with hidden rivets as well, size 33, and final inseam of 77cm (post wash). If I were going to wait until September 14, I'd be up each night agonizing over sizing haha. 

Thanks for compiling and reposting the shrink data!

In terms of sizing, in this contest we have way more info than on the other contest I remember. 

I might go with a W36 again...motivation to shed some lbs and thus keep fitting all the other jeans I own 😅

Im aiming for this type of length on the 611, basically a no break fit. 
Inspiration pulled from WOJ Instagram. 

IMG_4589.thumb.jpeg.1a610b96e9deebd0dd2074548046d05e.jpegIMG_4588.thumb.jpeg.0b317459cf520806308dd8aa2da82ac3.jpegIMG_4587.thumb.jpeg.f61c26d1ec4ad78b62e41e570d0c155c.jpeg

The top picture is exactly what I’m aiming for. As a result the inseam will be 27.5”/70cm for the post wash fit. I’m 6ft or 183cm 

Thoughts? Concerns?
Im almost Certain BF will hate this already ;) 

Edited by UkeNo

6 hours ago, aho said:

Re: 

• Sizes available: 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 40, 42, 44

Just verifying I can still order a size 39 which isn't listed? @MJF9 

Sorry @aho... I checked with Simone and unfortunately he can't do a 39...

I hope you can make another size work mate

Edited by MJF9

I've said before that if I had my OA01's to do over again, I would get a 35. Looking at the shrink b_F reported compared with my Leroy's, I think I'm going to have to go 36 in the 5150 (my actual waist measures 32). Inseam is TBD. Pattern shape (where front rise meets back rise in the crotch) and where the pants want to settle on the hips can make inseams variable by as much as an inch to achieve the same length at the ankle.

just can't do the wash and shrink, spend a week in tight jeans, get them all stretched out where I like them after two weeks and then be starting down that whole process again in a few weeks time anymore. I like em a little loose and comfy right out of the dryer. If anything, I'll need to have my tailor nip the waist in if the shrink doesn't go according to the calculated 8ish percent from raw to washed.

All that said, anyone in the market for a virtually unworn pair of OA01's in a 33? It's not like we're all already here buying another pair of jeans we don't need.

very teasing @MJF9 ... mouthwatering even...

likely staying with 611 / 1937 probably in w.40, leg at 80cm [cuff if worn at hip, possible no cuff/micro cuff if hoisted up to true waist] - I think @Jared_Lee's reasoning is sound; most jeans get unworn because too small, not too big... if too big in long run, rather than tailoring I'll sew on waist buttons and get suspending early 30s style... diaper butt ftw

but; yes, enjoying all the data!

and welcoming the all-star judging panel! 

and welcome back the most glorious @volvo240thebest, @srudy and @dudewuttheheck

and @CSL very glad you've squeaked in!

and @UkeNo - no cuff no break lovely lovely

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

4 hours ago, Mtvare said:

@UkeNo

Which models are each of those pics?

I'm not sure, but assume the guy in the Nike shoes is wearing a looser cut.

There are lot of no break fits on WOJ's Instagram that look great, plus I have plenty of long jeans - That's why im trying it out. They could end up shorter than I anticipate but it shouldn't be too extreme for me.

Easy fix = buy new shoes, boots to match!

5 hours ago, UkeNo said:

IMG_4589.thumb.jpeg.1a610b96e9deebd0dd2074548046d05e.jpeg

The top picture is exactly what I’m aiming for. As a result the inseam will be 27.5”/70cm for the post wash fit. I’m 6ft or 183cm 

Thoughts? Concerns?
Im almost Certain BF will hate this already ;) 

This is actually exactly what I was going for and how I wear my jeans now! Since a 39" isn't possible I'm deciding between 38" and 40", definitely leaning 40" though so they may be a bit oversized but I suppose in line with current fashion trends 😅

Edited by aho

My logic is just to go by your OA size, if you know it. Which is 2 up from your normal size in like sugar cane or Freewheelers. It seems Simone uses the same logic in sizing as they do (size for raw rather than shrunk), which is really easy enough. 

I wear my 01s in a 31 but the top block is more on the snug side, my less stress (in life and on the jeans) size is invariably 32. My canes and fw are 30.

But I do like me some oversized sometimes, which is why I’m torn on 33 or 32 but if I were set on going for a good traditional fit I would definitely go 32. Probably for some the top block is more limiting factor than waist just bc waist can stretch more easily. 

in conclusion, this is pretty easy! And I don’t know what I’m doing still. 

@bartlebyyphonics thank you for the warm welcome! This contest has me very excited! 
after seeing Simone post the 411S, I have to go with those, and I’m thinking a little oversized too. Good thing I know my Ooe size well! 
good to be back and joining another contest! This one is going to be epic!

I want to let you all know that the amount of time you spend publicly agonizing over sizing will be factored into your scores at the end of the contest... let that be some encouragement for those of you who consider it an easy choice...

For what it's worth I never analyze measurements this much, I was just bored at the end of the day and thought "hey I can figure this out".
You'd be amazed at the seemingly inane metrics they track at my job...