volvo240thebest

Happy jeans: TCBxSufu S40s WW2 contest thread

Yeah! Very nice @Uncle Karl! Loving every bit of what I’m seeing. Looks like some wonky stitching in that back yoke as well! What do all you CSF fan boys think of these?

Similar but still different. 

With CSF each pair is unique with different failures. The TCB will be different from most Japanese repro jeans because it has also wonky stitching and failures but all these will (probably) the same on each pair. Like on the RMC 003 jeans.

So we have a perfect repro of a certain sample jeans. Still a great thing but also still different to CSF's approach. 

The biggest difference here are the unique pocket bags and I'm really looking forward to what I receive :)

Biggest difference is probably the price! :laugh2:

Does anyone have a confirmed ship date? I hear people saying dates but can’t seem to find Ryo IG posts where he states the ship day? 
cant wait!!! Letttttsssss gggggooooo! 

The shipping starts the 17th but it can take up to 10 days for all pairs to be shipped :)

13 hours ago, Spiraltoy said:

Yeah! Very nice @Uncle Karl! Loving every bit of what I’m seeing. Looks like some wonky stitching in that back yoke as well! What do all you CSF fan boys think of these?

I think they are wonderful, a great entry level WW2 repro, and the addition of two mismatching pocket bags (that is also a lottery) makes them more fun for the contestants. 

CSF is a different beast altogether as each pair is hand made (hand folded seams etc) and ,as b_F has pointed out, the quirks are unique in each pair, whereas each tcb pair will be more or less the same bar the aforementioned pocketbag selection.

If l could have been part of this comp then l would have snapped a pair up, but alas, l own too much denim, not enough time to wear it.

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Biggest difference is probably the price! :laugh2:

That's naivety right there mate. You stick to your tapered Lvc's, leave the CSF to the real enthusiasts. ;)

You’re on the sauce a bit early this morning Charlie.

^Nah, it's my rota'd weekend to work so a 5.30 start  for me Martin.

The only sauce will be the tomato variety on my bacon butties, which are sizzling away nicely l might add.

Nothing here. I was very excited at the prospect of them being posted out in order.....

i guess the contestant list that volvo compiled probably won’t necessarily mean it’s the order that TCB will ship in since they likely don’t sync with the sequence that orders were placed. 

No shipping for me either, though I know many Japanese retailers are on vacation due to the holiday

A more appropriately, for sweden, named fade companion, Sixten! @mandel9000 :D

Can't wait to receive the pants after seeing these photos. They look incredible!

IMG_20200717_134254.jpg

No shipping update for me either. 
cant wait! 

Cleo and Collin are really excited!

image.thumb.png.0c98c0878edf4e1c564dbfab9f5d6b93.png