Denime

@bloom I have the Resolute 714 in 34 and my Denime 220 are the same size. The 714 feels a bit tighter though. I had the SC1966 in 33.

Well, if you want XX details with hidden rivets and all? Or the BigE with paper tag and bartack at the back pockets? The 221 denim is a touch lighter. The 220 are quite soft now and are really comfy. Also now after this wash they softened up quickly. The difference in rise is roughly 1" (front and back).

Thanks @Jeef1, thanks @southofnonorth, that pretty much solves the sizing question for me.

14 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Well, if you want XX details with hidden rivets and all? Or the BigE with paper tag and bartack at the back pockets? The 221 denim is a touch lighter. The 220 are quite soft now and are really comfy.

Thanks @beautiful_FrEaK! Now that you mentioned it, I see that some of my jeans do have those little metal thingies, while others don’t. Also the patches are indeed made of different materials. Having absorbed this information and let it sit in my head for a while, I don’t think these details will affect my well-being much unless I decide to start eating my jeans.

I guess fit and the denim itself are what I care about. The 220s look really good on all of you guys, so maybe I’ll wait and hope they’re re-stocked.

but what’s this about a pair of 66s? Anyone know how much they will differ from the 221s? From the images and measurements, I got the impression that the 221s are not all that dissimilar to, say, SC66. Historically I’ve loved 66-types, despite having a hard time finding one with enough room in the thighs but without too much diaper-inducing leeway in the back rise and seat. Tough balancing act. 

30 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The 66 (Lot.224) will be released in fall/winter. I guess (just a guess) the rise might be a tad lower and the legs slimmer again. But we will only know once they are released.

An educated guess from you is as good as the shipping forecast. My list of 66 type models to try is outgrowing my life expectancy, plus I’m worried I’ll outgrow the mid/low rises and slim fits faster than I can fade them. Time is ruthless.

Given how much I like the high rise of the sc66s, maybe I should give the 221 a chance. Man, you people are like highly specialized enablers, whatever happened to financial responsibility and having just one good pair of jeans? I have no blame in this. 

22 minutes ago, blooming said:

I love the fit of the 221. They kind of feel like a slighty slimmer TCB 60s with a higher rise. The denim is so nice, too, and fades quickly like the 220.

This sounds pretty good to me. Which isn’t helping. Tell me more about stitches popping and blow outs and slipping on a banana peel while wearing these, it could save me like $200.

OK then to close this one out…

Put the Lot 220As through 60C wash and laundrette ‘industrial’ hot dry then a little wear 

Changes in measurements: Waist -0.5cm; Thigh -0.5cm; Leg -1.5cm.  Other measurements – no change.  Apart from welcome length reduction, negligible! 

Risk alert of ‘Dad wash’ look (I hear you ATWMachine!).  Nice kick-start for roping though.

Conclusion: Buy the right size in the first instance!!!

Now I’m finished with the experiments and faffing!!!

20230902 Denime Lot 220A Dryer 1.jpg

20230902 Denime Lot 220A Dryer 3.jpg

20230902 Denime Lot 220A Dryer 5.jpg

It’s been both fun and educational following your struggles, @MJF9. Bonus points for bringing a launderette into the experiment.

I’ve recently subjected a pair of jeans to similar punishment (no launderette, though), and arrived at approximately the same conclusion. I’m my case the waist did shrink to a somewhat more appropriate size, but stretched out again quickly. I lost like half a cm from hem to knee, where I didn’t need or want any shrink, and where it stretched out unevenly. Also didn’t do the hand of the fabric, or the proportions in leg or top block any favours, even though it’s hard to say exactly where the changes in measurements occurred. The one place it didn’t change at all, was the seat/peak of back rise, i.e. the only part of the pants I was looking to shrink (to reduce unbecoming protuberance of fabric, remniniscent of part of a ducks anatomy).

So I basically just reduced a pair of Japanese denim to a decent pair of dad washed Gap-jeans, that don’t fit all too well in the back.

^^ I tried to do something like this with TCB S40s as well and had a similar experience. You almost get the waist you want when they come out of the dryer, but they're stretched out again in a week + you've killed the wash. The lesson for me was to just learn to love my generous fits. The way I want my waist to fit changes with the season anyways and I'll want that big silhouette again before long.

I think its a fair consensus at this point that the Lot 220 and 221 shrink to exactly tag size in the waist and not a cm more, and take a little while to arrive there. I wish I sized down on by my 220 and 221, since I bought my normal Warehouse size (31) based on shrink estimates and both are about 3cm too big in the waist.

Edited by blooming

1 hour ago, blooming said:

I think its a fair consensus at this point that the Lot 220 and 221 shrink to exactly tag size in the waist and not a cm more, and take a little while to arrive there. I wish I sized down on by my 220 and 221, since I bought my normal Warehouse size (31) based on shrink estimates and both are about 3cm too big in the waist.

I bought my 221 in the end of May. Decided for W34, although all other my jeans are W33. Raw waist was 87 cm and after double wash finished in 86 cm. All other parts shrank down normally.  Measurements are 2 pages back. So, I am more than satisfied, but I didn’t wear them, so I don’t know how they will stretch. 
Now I am in my new WH 1000xx. Measurements are in WH thread. They are in my normal size W33 and from 91cm raw they shrank to 86 cm. So final measurements are almost same as W34 221. After 1 day I feel, that they will stretch back to original raw measurements.
Denim hobby is still big experiment with not clear result …. :o)

1 hour ago, vIGGiou riou said:

I bought my 221 in the end of May. Decided for W34, although all other my jeans are W33. Raw waist was 87 cm and after double wash finished in 86 cm. All other parts shrank down normally.  Measurements are 2 pages back. So, I am more than satisfied, but I didn’t wear them, so I don’t know how they will stretch. 
Now I am in my new WH 1000xx. Measurements are in WH thread. They are in my normal size W33 and from 91cm raw they shrank to 86 cm. So final measurements are almost same as W34 221. After 1 day I feel, that they will stretch back to original raw measurements.
Denim hobby is still big experiment with not clear result …. :o)

Agreed and it can get expensive very fast! Because you want to try a new way of washing, a new way of wearing, a new size or different denim in every new pair! Never truly satisfied, you start looking for the next pair soon enough. Similar to the saying for cameras: ”the best camera is the one in your hand” is probably true for jeans as well, that the best pair are the ones you’re wearing.

22 hours ago, NilsLW said:

Agreed and it can get expensive very fast! Because you want to try a new way of washing, a new way of wearing, a new size or different denim in every new pair! Never truly satisfied, you start looking for the next pair soon enough. Similar to the saying for cameras: ”the best camera is the one in your hand” is probably true for jeans as well, that the best pair are the ones you’re wearing.

That would be my TCB slim 50s by this logic and I'm not inclined to disagree with that.

Surely the best pair is the one you currently have your eye on that you’re going to buy next and will be the perfect jeans for you, leaving all others you’ve ever previously worn trailing in their wake :laugh2:

On 9/6/2023 at 12:28 AM, blooming said:

@blooming Are your true waist measurements 76cm?

Did Denime at some point produce some 101j Leepro jackets? With a shortened DNM on labels and buttons

Google isn’t giving any useful results, but I remember seeing something like it many years ago 

I found one locally and I’m thinking about picking it up, despite it being a little too small, but I could always gift it to a friend

@CharlieMike - I have the FC 1101 in size 31 and Resolute in sz 33. I went with a size 32 for the 221 (and 220) and really like the fit. Put them through 2 hot washes / dryer cycles and they shrunk down perfectly. I could have pulled off a 31, but they would have been a bit tighter (all over) than what I was looking for.