Denime

On 7/6/2023 at 12:19 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Based on the inseam there is still some good shrinkage left in the fabric. 

Thanks for that info, I'm going to give it a shot with a machine wash and dry. It's somewhat baggy in the top block but I'll try to take measurements afterwards to see how much shrinkage I was able to get. 

Managed to do a machine dry on my Denime 220 to get more shrinkage, and I managed to get quite a bit! Here are some measurements:

Fist hot soak/Hang dry: Waist: 18.25", FR: 13", BR: 17.5", Thigh: 13.75", Knee: 10", LO: 9", Inseam: 34"

Post machine dry: Waist: 17.5", FR: 12.5", Thigh: 13.25", LO: 8.75", Inseam: 33"

Just need to get them hemmed and they should be good to go :D 

13 minutes ago, Lazerr said:

Managed to do a machine dry on my Denime 220 to get more shrinkage, and I managed to get quite a bit! Here are some measurements:

Fist hot soak/Hang dry: Waist: 18.25", FR: 13", BR: 17.5", Thigh: 13.75", Knee: 10", LO: 9", Inseam: 34"

Post machine dry: Waist: 17.5", FR: 12.5", Thigh: 13.25", LO: 8.75", Inseam: 33"

Just need to get them hemmed and they should be good to go :D 

What is the knee measurement post machine dry? 

• 3 weeks later...

Incredible find here.
I was longing for the 10th 1937 model for a long time and this would be miy size (as they run small). But honestly I would never really wear a cinch model and I already have the 1952 pair so...maybe someone esle wants to buy them?

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/auction/yahoo/input/e1101198028/

5 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Incredible find here.
I was longing for the 10th 1937 model for a long time and this would be miy size (as they run small). But honestly I would never really wear a cinch model and I already have the 1952 pair so...maybe someone esle wants to buy them?

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/auction/yahoo/input/e1101198028/

Interesting. Let's see, where the price will go to in the next three days.
So the Lot 541 is the 1952 model?

Both the 1937 and the Lot 541 are 10 year anniversary models from 1997?

Yes, both models were introduced for the 10th anniversary. 1998 would have been that. The seller might remember wrong.

The Lot# on those was generic. I have 2 pairs of the 1952 model and they have different numbers. 

They should measure raw = tag size and the 1937 might be even a tad undersized from the other pairs I saw over the years.

Thanks BF... I was thinking about the actual individual measurements? Ideal if the originals are available (tho noted it's been a long time!).. if not do you know the most likely approximate charts for each? Cheers

My 2nd pair of 1952 measure as follows:

Lot. B 612

Size 34
Raw

Waist: 34
Front rise: 12.25
Back rise: 16.25
Thighs: 13.5
Knee: 9.8
Leg opening: 9.25
Inseam: 34.5

My first pair was at 35" in the waist raw.

The 1937 I have no charts at hand but @Bobbo has a pair:

On 8/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, MJF9 said:

Maybe the seller will split them if they don't sell as a pair

Too bad, it sold for 70k with 1 bid. But maybe it was you? ;)

@Thanks_M8 yeah the new denim definitely fades faster than the original one.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

On 3/16/2023 at 1:18 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

I’ve just read that the Kyoto model was introduced first and then the Tokyo model was released for the (now closed) Sendagaya store in 2005. This would make the Tokyo edition a Shins only release.

Coming back to this, I think we have to correct our theory. Tokyo model made by Orizzonti

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/japan/en/special/order/confirm/https%3A%2F%2Fjp.mercari.com%2Fitem%2Fm14661085817/13_1/

Scratched the Denime itch with these Lot 220As, courtesy of the gents at Kafka (thanks Bod for the tip-off)

Went for size 36, rather than my usual 34 - based on measurements, potential shrinkage and not wanting a ‘tight fit’.  

I washed them 3 x in total – 30C with line dry, 40C with line dry and 40C with tumble dryer.

Out the bag they were super stiff.  Really nice to have that crunchy cardboard hand feel again – my recent purchases have been Freewheelers which I find soften quite quickly. That said, after the last wash and tumble dry they’re now pretty soft.  The extra wash and tumble dry clearly done this - though I don't know the extent to which extra wash and tumble dry contributed individually (bit would be interested if anyone has a view).  I usually avoid tumble drying as when I have it's softened the denim a lot but I wanted to see if I could get more inseam and waist shrinkage. The answer was only a little 

I really like them.  There is good room in the thighs (I had wondered if this would be an issue – it’s not), plenty in the waist (in reality I could easily have gone with a 34 and been comfortable after some wear) and the rises work well for me.  The denim is smooth to the touch, probably helped as I ironed them inside out as they were crinkly after the tumble dry.  I’ll probably use them for work.

I’m visiting the big smoke next week so plan to get them hemmed at SoaS / Soldier Blue, hopefully while I wait.  One reasonably small turn-up will do the trick.

A few before and after pics – raw v after a 40C wash and line dry... plus a table of approximate measurements!

1 20230804 Denime Lot 220A 0.jpg

1a 20230806 Denime Lot 220A 1.jpg

3 20230804 Denime Lot 220A 2.jpg

3a 20230806 Denime Lot 220A 3.jpg

4 20230804 Denime Lot 220A 1.jpg

4a 20230806 Denime Lot 220A 4.jpg

20230810 Denime Lot 220A Measurements.JPG