Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

Slubadoh

MF Doom

TAFKAPITAL

47 RPM

Warehouse Of Pain

Oi! Yofukuten

As I Lay Dyeing

Sigur Roy

The Pains of Being WH Ranch at Heart

Sweet and Tender Co Hooligans

True Bad Religion

They Might Be RingRing

Diaper Butthole Surfers

Conners+Conners Music Factory

Death Tab For Cutie

Fatboy Slim Fit

Whisker Dü

Iron & Wine & Heart

Where to Röykopp

Broark's Addiction

Merzbow B. Schwanen

A friend of mine who's into denim was asking me about my washing procedure on my homemade jeans the other day and was shocked when I told him I machine wash every few weeks and even tumble dry em. Unfortunately he's not close enough of a friend for me to really get into my opinions in washing lol.

Regarding denim in new movies, Saturday Night has some good flares and other 70s garms, it was a lot of fun. Worth checking out if you can!

10 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

This suit specifically mentions their 30th anniversary edition so maybe they brought them back for it? Which would be…surprising. 

Haha maybe they had to raise their prices and control export pricing in anticipation of the legal fees to come for their 30th anniversary pair

Edited by yung_flynn

I have the 1101 30 anniversary, which I bought from their Harajuku store while on a trip to Japan, and can confirm that they do have the arcs and tab… I think they were trying to stay as true as possible to the original jeans. I forget if these were exported, but would be interesting to know if the denim included arcs and tab if they were.

The book that came with the jeans is quite nice, but if I hadn’t been in store I would have passed. Pretty sure this is where the higher cost came from.

Well phew! I'm relieved I got the 30th anniversary version without the arcs.
Narrowly escaping a scenario where some pitbull lawyer chases me down on the street & attempts to rip my pants off...🤣

9 hours ago, CSL said:

Well phew! I'm relieved I got the 30th anniversary version without the arcs.
Narrowly escaping a scenario where some pitbull lawyer chases me down on the street & attempts to rip my pants off...🤣

Alternatively, the pitbull lawyer could avoid touching the pants and only try to pinch off the arcs and cut off the tag on the go.

Edited by Talan

16 hours ago, Broark said:

@Cold Summer they did dump the arcs, but I think this was specifically in retaliation to the 30th anniversary collection which had arcs and tabs if I recall correctly.

I can understand the red tags but unless the arcs are identical, they shouldn't own all arcs on back pockets. 

I know with the trademark it’s not the same, but copyright on IP lasts 70 years in the US. With good reason.

No one at Levi’s now has any personal claim to the arcs (those folks are all long dead) any more than does anyone at any other brand. Pre 1950 arcs should be in the public domain.