Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

cmboland

I had a bit of good fortune last week.. i've been looking to re-stock my wood shed but like everything else in this cost of living crisis.. the price of seasoned hardwood logs has gone f'kin nuts, the company i used last time have ceased trading. I've managed to eke out 1 cubic meters of oak and 1 cubic meter of silver birch for 3yrs by mixing it 50/50 with the softwood off-cuts i get for nowt from work

IMG_2070.thumb.JPG.131e953ef0e10a1916c584b3128b78ec.JPG

..anywho, i was riding home last week and i passed some tree surgeons who'd piled up some logs on the pavement and carved 'Free' & 'Logs' into them with the end of the chainsaw so i rode home, fetched the car and filled it up with logs

IMG_1951.thumb.JPG.a46a8606181dd5c3630eb16900b8028e.JPG

..took them to work and quartered them on the bandsaw

IMG_2048.thumb.JPG.1804735b2191385e901ad3fd0923a7d0.JPG

..probably got 100 n'odd quids worth of logs for nowt.. albeit, they're green so i'll have to season them for 12 mths

It's nice having the woodburner blazing but without the free wood from work it's a bit of a false economy.. it's much cheaper to put the central heating on.

If i ever get the time.. i'm going to sit down and write a Superdenim screen play and take it to the Westend (Garath Southgate has one so why not?) or maybe a Netflix mini series.. with songs..

If the end of humanity comes first.. which is probably the case, i'm going to download the whole thing and burry it in a time capsule to fuck with future generations.. 🤣

Our local shopping centre, which is tiny really even after the recent refurb, now boasts an Artisan butchers and an Artisan bakery, along with a new food court (hey whatever floats your boat) - Thing is, in the old precinct we had a regular butcher and a baker, they weren't given the added 'title'. So now wondering, as l dragged my arse through 6 years of art school many moons ago, if l am now an Artisan green keeper (or waller)?

Thoughts...

Haha, no problem… it is a joke but half-serious too, I find myself wondering about employing the same marketing tactics in my own work as an artist. Given how many tattoo artists my age either just copy what’s popular on the internet or trace images off their iPads for their ‘original’ designs, I sometimes feel compelled to write things like “Drawn with a real pencil!!” and “Originated from my imagination!” on my work… but i feel doing this can kind of cheapen a person’s work, maybe in a similar way to slapping “artisan” on someone who’s just doing a run-of-the-mill industry-standard job in their line of work. But sometimes it does feel necessary to separate yourself from the automated processes that have taken over so many industries — I reckon we were drawn into this world of fashion partly because it markets itself in that exact way!

1 hour ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^haven't seen this yet, worth getting a 6 pack? Does it separate as much as the creamy? Def. Need to check how to get it in germany!

Not sure.. it's a long time since i've bought Whole Earth and when i did, it would have been crunchy (i only ever buy crunchy) Proper Nutty is the perfect consistency for me.. firm but with lots of seperated oil to stir in and loosen.

If you ever need a nut butter proxy.. give me a hola

@Double 0 Soul we need a high end peanut butter thread now. Haha best I’ve had over here is the Justin’s brand. That seems the best. All the other are loaded with oils and added sugars. 
I’ll have to see if I can order some of the ones you posted. 

I purchased a Rainbow Country jacket from Barnstormer using buyee as a proxy. Buyee shipped it with fed ex and fed ex is not letting it through us customs. Fed ex is requesting manufacturer ID or name and address. Anyone happen to know address of Rainbow Country in Japan? I can’t find it. Haven’t heard back from Barnstormer. Buyee refuses to help. 

Anyone else ever had a similar experience in the US? I’ve never had any problems getting anything shipped from Japan with fed ex before. 

I think they also asked for that but they want the “MID manufacturer identification code which is generated using the manufacturer name and address”… I sent rainbow country a message on Facebook but I don’t know if they’ll reply. Currently trying to find someone at fed ex that can help

…update I was able to talk to someone at fed ex who was actually really helpful and cool. Basically all he  wanted to know was what material the jacket was made of. He also mentioned they see a lot of packages from buyee that are missing customs info. 

we’ll see how much longer it takes for them to deliver the package. Hopefully not more than a few more days. 

Edited by Jeef1