TCB

If I recall, with some sleuthing, the JPY prices for FC were still to be found on the sites of some lesser known retailers, though I’m not sure if that held after recent adjustments? Still, Bears isn’t the only place. The above brands are all solid recs too. Moto jeans are made by the TCB folks. 

On 9/19/2024 at 3:12 PM, space_cowboy said:

Yeah -- I hear you. I've been looking at the FC 0105. Wish Bears still had domestic pricing for their jeans 🙃. I feel like these types of cuts are few and far between for Japanese brands.

Celluloid 1984 still has Japanese prices for FC

9 hours ago, yung_flynn said:

Confirming that yes they still do, and you can order through whatever their built-in proxy service is... From Japan iirc

Edit: meant to add that I ordered a pair of 0105's as recently as last month at domestic prices.

Edited by blooming

12 hours ago, blooming said:

Confirming that yes they still do, and you can order through whatever their built-in proxy service is... From Japan iirc

Edit: meant to add that I ordered a pair of 0105's as recently as last month at domestic prices.

22 hours ago, yung_flynn said:

Appreciate the tip! I haven't heard of that seller.

I also just noticed this when considering buying a pair of the new S40's.

I didn't buy them, in the end, though not down to the shipping cost (which is still very very reasonable, for the UK at least - £17 / $22), more that I am aiming for monk-like restraint on jeans buying until my pizza jeans land (and then a further 18 months of no more jeans of course!!!)

6 hours ago, Alec Leamas said:

I also just noticed this when considering buying a pair of the new S40's.

I didn't buy them, in the end, though not down to the shipping cost (which is still very very reasonable, for the UK at least - £17 / $22), more that I am aiming for monk-like restraint on jeans buying until my pizza jeans land (and then a further 18 months of no more jeans of course!!!)

I am searching myself for equal restraint...

The shipping cost is reasonable and understandable but I'll probably make fewer transactions and be less likely to pick up smaller items like shirts. That's probably for the best, for me and maybe for them as well. They are in an interesting place with international sales now though. AFAIK they no longer have any retailers in North America. This didn't matter much before, because the direct to consumer prices were so good and the shipping was fast and free. That equation has changed a bit over the last couple of years and it feels like they are turning more towards their domestic market. I hope they will have a relationship with a US stockist eventually like what they do with Second Sunrise, but maybe that's not their interest.

2 hours ago, willi said:

The shipping cost is reasonable and understandable but I'll probably make fewer transactions and be less likely to pick up smaller items like shirts. That's probably for the best, for me and maybe for them as well. They are in an interesting place with international sales now though. AFAIK they no longer have any retailers in North America. This didn't matter much before, because the direct to consumer prices were so good and the shipping was fast and free. That equation has changed a bit over the last couple of years and it feels like they are turning more towards their domestic market. I hope they will have a relationship with a US stockist eventually like what they do with Second Sunrise, but maybe that's not their interest.

If we're talking about TCB- Withered Fig and Franklin and Poe still stock them, I believe.

Edit: Franklin and Poe does not, unsure why I thought they did 😅

Edited by blooming

1 hour ago, willi said:

I have no personal experience with them, but Williamsburg Garment Company also stocks a few of their items.

https://williamsburggarment.com/tcb-jeans-two-cats-brand/

PSA, the Storm Cats Drive jacket is very tight in the waist. That's my only jacket which fits comfortably in the shoulders but for which I need to leave not one but 2 buttons undone. Got a size 44, vs 42 or 40 on other brands.

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

PSA, the Storm Cats Drive jacket is very tight in the waist. That's my only jacket which fits comfortably in the shoulders but for which I need to leave not one but 2 buttons undone. Got a size 44, vs 42 or 40 on other brands.

Good warning and also true to how the vintage jacket fits. Always been a tricky jacket to size because of the strong taper. Usually worn open, bottom unbuttoned, or big drop shoulder. TCB's repro is somewhat elongated, which makes this taper even more noticeable.

F6ChvMsawAA6boO.jpg.39bb54c6f2bd9df93e01467cca152c76.thumb.jpg.e41b663609d145c753a9f8f714f4dcba.jpgf63f327a74164eb308a0338636a9ac17.thumb.jpg.0bf1ada0089aa696b7f41047d3791624.jpgFSYDG0WVcAEnfxR.jpg.328a3fa85a604a34813f15f8a9403578.thumb.jpg.ab65566ae8ca1cdc5d2e883b72faf25a.jpg

Here's mcqueen squeezing into one. Looks uncomfortable.

Steve-McQueen-Lee-Storm-Rider-Denim-Jacket.jpg.4b6bdbe26aed737b2e1510b35cf36e75.jpg

But looks cool here with it open

StormRiderSteveMcQueen.jpg.83db12b42f708e4f0c28d04f273321b0.jpg

Edited by willi

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

And their overseas price is higher than their domestic price 

Is the shipping included in the price perhaps?

I saw that at Trophy and some other shops as well. I think, some offer free shipping. And the price difference makes up for that.

57 minutes ago, willi said:

Good warning and also true to how the vintage jacket fits. Always been a tricky jacket to size because of the strong taper. Usually worn open, bottom unbuttoned, or big drop shoulder. TCB's repro is somewhat elongated, which makes this taper even more noticeable.

F6ChvMsawAA6boO.jpg.39bb54c6f2bd9df93e01467cca152c76.thumb.jpg.e41b663609d145c753a9f8f714f4dcba.jpgf63f327a74164eb308a0338636a9ac17.thumb.jpg.0bf1ada0089aa696b7f41047d3791624.jpgFSYDG0WVcAEnfxR.jpg.328a3fa85a604a34813f15f8a9403578.thumb.jpg.ab65566ae8ca1cdc5d2e883b72faf25a.jpg

The SDA one is also cut that way.

10 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

Is the shipping included in the price perhaps?

I saw that at Trophy and some other shops as well. I think, some offer free shipping. And the price difference makes up for that.

Nope, the shipping is 3000¥ flat on top.

They ask 10% over the domestic price. So basically as if they wouldn't deduct the VAT. I asked them about it.

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

They ask 10% over the domestic price. So basically as if they wouldn't deduct the VAT. I asked them about it.

It might be a nod to their international distributors.

4 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

NOT Taking Care of Business!!!

DvpGrQK.jpeg

A87nuWQ.jpeg

0IuLMYI.jpeg

N1Gb8i3.jpeg

z18JkwU.jpeg

Some detail shots of the 30s jacket. I'm super happy with the fit and material. I've been trying to get as much wear as possible every day for at least some length of time. The last shot is a close-up of the 50s and 30s together.

IdMgzxB.jpeg

JjE5BEt.jpeg

RbY334p.jpeg

Here's one more post with some better lighting. These show the actual color more clearly. The 50s jeans I'm wearing are about a month old, and there have been no washes, so both of these are pretty close to their original color, plus a bit of fading. The 30s denim is super, super dark to start. It almost reminds me of SDA 100 denim in its hand feel and color. It is fading somewhat quickly, which the pictures can't show, especially compared to my Full Count type 2, which is almost 2 years in and is taking its time.