Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

@d-rew12 duuuuuuude! i live in the bay area, Lakewood and Fremont skate park are my local parks.

I'm down to have a denim meet up and skate session~

Last week i went to Sea Bright beach in Santa Cruz and my jacket was perfect to defend against the ocean breeze

IMG_34981_zpsrhxmiksu.jpg

The beach got my jacket super dusty on top of the grime that built up from the break in period, so I decided to give it a soak with a bit of a soap massage.

IMG_35251_zpsh9u7rqbd.jpg

Also here's a soft post on the break in challenge (: I love breaking in a new pair of jeans by throwing them on and skating in them.

This was a late night session on a waist high iron chair. cheerz :)

34993f8d-26ab-4cf0-b41d-59fdf1feb065_zps

Edited by KrisB

KrisB! I was curious to see if anyone would recognize the parks haha. I usually just skate Lakewood (kind of been out of skating for a bit so just go to screw around now-a-days) but decided to check out Fremont since haven't been in a while. I'm always down for a skate session! If you ever see a dude in Samurai's at Lakewood, it's probably me haha

Great updates all around everyone!
Looks like I'm going to drop my Ooe's off to get repaired already, the crotch blowout is developing even more.

Plus I noticed some stitching behind the crotch coming loose too. I'm going to get Richard at Paleo Denim to work on them and see what he can do. Pretty bummed that this is happening so early on. Not sure why either, it's not like my pair is that tight or anything.

Just part of the game I suppose.  :(

I finally as of today can button my jeans without the following: sucking in my stomach, pulling them past my waist, hurting my fingers, crying like a wimp. 

heads up! i bet they'll be fine after the repair, and that's it then.

Pretty bummed that this is happening so early on. Not sure why either, it's not like my pair is that tight or anything.

Just part of the game I suppose.  :(

Edited by Blue Nemo

^dude, that sounds awful. There's no shame in going up a size. Good luck to you all the same.  :)

that was the closest size I could get, I have a build that can be likened to a streetlight so to get something flattering I sometimes have to stretch the waist so that things fit right below the waist.

Really quite surprised at how slow moving this contest is in regards to posts here/DWC forum. I remember this time frame in HWDC1 and 2 to be so busy you would miss a few pages if you didn't check it daily. But to see a few days between posts on some categories is pretty off, and to be honest quite dis heartening. Can only imagine what it will be like towards the end of the comp..

Really quite surprised at how slow moving this contest is in regards to posts here/DWC forum. I remember this time frame in HWDC1 and 2 to be so busy you would miss a few pages if you didn't check it daily. But to see a few days between posts on some categories is pretty off, and to be honest quite dis heartening. Can only imagine what it will be like towards the end of the comp..

Keep in mind there are 4 forums including this one all combined in DWC the DWC forums seem fairly inactive but the other 3 may be buzzing

Keep in mind there are 4 forums including this one all combined in DWC the DWC forums seem fairly inactive but the other 3 may be buzzing

so far it seems the SuFu thread is the most active.

but time will tell,

in the end the only thing important is the hard core (fun, too) and I think we already have formed this core.

as long as you stay with us we're not outnumbered ;-)

didn't do much travel as much as you guys. beautiful updates guys.

went into the city to try my luck at a couple of sneaker raffles. unfortunately i've no luck in such raffles. it was a mad crowd though. the older people walking around the city were wondering what the hells going on.

14EFE3B5-B94B-4960-A410-068E5C8F764B_zps152ACDBB-DE2E-4B77-9E4A-7CC9385805C2_zps

9A9277DC-267B-4A14-9CC2-B969D91BFA06_zps

will do a detailed evo update this weekend. probably been wearing for about 2-3 months now and the color is slowly coming through.

Oni 527

These are by far the fastest fading jeans I've ever owned which is pretty fortunate for a competition pair!

HJnMWMtl.jpg

The boy's Gap Selvedge. Given how hot it's been the past couple of weeks these haven't seen loads of wear.

c6hjF2Il.jpg

And a Brucie bonus; went to see Conan a couple of weeks ago.

05TeE3El.jpg

I just commented on your post on the DWC forum, but to do the same here I think the denim looks quite similar in texture to the IH 21/23oz, seems to fade similarly too. This is not a bad thing as I really like that denim, just an interesting comparison.

Bioniceye- noticed that the union label has Duck Goods stamped across it. My Joe McCoy 906 have exactly the same. Odd as both are denim.

Nice little feature. Anyone who's more knowledgeable about Union tags have any info on whether 'Duck' stamped tags were sewed into jeans? Can't imagine both RMC and RC making the same oversight.

Nice updates everybody!

Now, that Bradl got his pair there is no excuse left for me anymore - need to get my entry set up and ready to go this weekend...