Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

Love it when this thread gets the CTB treatment and we get pictures and info on great British boots. Curious about that Barbour jacket Ben, would be very interested in seeing any images you might have of it.

I'll send over some pics, mate...for anyone else who might know about these things, it was an A457 'Lightweight International Suit' jacket from back when they only had one Royal Warrant (and long before they started flogging the fuck out of the standard International Suit)...

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the Hathorn Travelers by Whites? I may have skipped some talk but wondering if they were ever brought up here since they're on baker's site right now.

Edited by mlwdp

havin those alico tahoe boots from the other page!

russell walkers in brown and medium brown french veal and espresso navigator on the toe from a little more than a year on

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

as they were new

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

the two tone was a bit too rascal for my liking so i applied several light coats of watered down garment dye to the medium brown leather except for the collar.

IMG_1808.jpg

art carters in chocalate veal for the non painting sessions

IMG_7165.jpg

Edited by merzbot

So....

I needed a pair of brogues, and dropped in at my new favourite shoe shop, Mack's in Alerburgh.

There's some info on them at loomstate - which I'll update. Their selection is excellent, so are their prices. Most Tricker's are £270, most Sargents are £195. They also have a lot of the new AS at £155 - not all of them have conventional Goodyear soles IIRC. For the kind of seleciotn of Brit shoes we talk about here, they're fantastic. Those prices are about £30 more than Tricker's factory shop - but of course you get the full range, without having to wait for your particular size, and they're first quality. They have the full Sargent Veldtschoen range, too.

display.jpg

Trickers.jpg

I did a lot of side by side comparison of the tricjker's Bourton and the Sargent Appleby. They're incredibly similar. The Bourton in Acorn is prettier and I'm sure I'll succumb on day, but I wanted a tan - and went for the Appleby, given my current credit balance.

Sargent.jpg

Edward Green veldts, having used black polish over the rainy season (UK Summer 2012, for those in foreign climes!):

dsc04512k.jpg

And a pair of William Lennon boots, MTO for a sometimes lurker here (cheers, if you're reading this!). Makes a change to have a non-brown pair of boots...and these are up with the Lotus and Tricker's veldts in terms of sturdiness:

dsc04517r.jpg

dsc04505n.jpg

as planned we have to split up the 10 big MEGA THREADS on supertalk.

this thread is one of them

!!

all details about splitting these threads can be found here:

we HAVE STARTED manually moving all the posts made so far in 2012 from the OLD thread to THIS NEW thread.

--> systematically going backwards page by page from the most recent post.

--> since this will take a LOT of TIME it might be realistic to only go back a few months.

--> will update status in this first post.

SO PLEASE START POSTING YOUR SHOES THAT LOOK BETTER WITH AGE IN THIS THREAD

[as they're going to get moved here anyway if you don't...]

!!

UPDATE: so far we have moved 463 posts going back to JUNE 4th

if you have any feedback or notice anything weird let us know here

!!

finally manage to get this up after countless state hoping....

went to roberto ugolini in florence and spoke to him and stayed on for a while to watch the whole process of shoe making

some pics to share

and these are my red wings after 50 days of travelling

photo%25201.JPGphoto%25202.JPG

after some light brush without any conditioner or oil

photo%25203.JPGphoto%25204.JPG

will post more pics of other bespoke shoes maker and my own pair of boots.

Those 3140's... Well got deng! Can't wait till mines look like that.

That william lennon, are stunning boots.super sleek leather .

Did you buy those Lennons from ebay Ben? I watched a pair exactly like those for a week, then forgot the end of the auction. Great looking boots mate.

'wish we could revive that "Lennon Project" group purchase from several mos ago.

Did you buy those Lennons from ebay Ben? I watched a pair exactly like those for a week, then forgot the end of the auction. Great looking boots mate.

Yes mate, and they're going back on there at 7pm today as they're too bloody tight on my feet! Drop me a line if you're interested and we can take it from there...

In fact, I've noticed that with a few other pairs - my right foot, in particular, seems to be wider now than it was a while ago and it's causing problems. It's my C&J boots that are causing the problems, just the three pairs that I went TTS on (Islay, Skye and Coniston). I'm trying to summon up the bollocks to get them all listed on eBay, but if anyone is willing to make a serious offer then drop me a line. All are UK size 9.5, E fitting.

'wish we could revive that "Lennon Project" group purchase from several mos ago.

I'd be up for it at some point soon...the AS group MTO is dead in the water, although I'm thinking of a single order MTO with the proceeds of any C&J boots that get recycled.

Was going sorting out some old pics today and found a couple that make for an interesting 'then and now' pic combo.

C&J Arran

dscf1612a.jpg

dsc04758y.jpg

And the Edward Green veldtschoen boot

dscf3140e.jpg

dsc04512k.jpg

Lastly (!), anyone got any ideas about who might've been the maker of these old sand shoes? They're the kind of stuff that they would have worn in the colonies back in the day, with a matching linen suit. Superbly built, the pics sell them well short:

dsc04366l.jpg

dsc04365h.jpg

dsc04370ci.jpg

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...