Levi's Vintage Clothing

Ninja, you got them from a Levi's store? Where do you live? US or abroad? If in the US, what store was it?

Thanks!

fred segal on melrose in la has them.

dont know if this has been discussed, but has anyone else noticed a HUGE push in the advertising of levi's recently? with huge emphasis on the USA aspect? If they kept production in the states to begin with, I would have never sought japanese brands.:(

fred segal on melrose in la has them.

dont know if this has been discussed, but has anyone else noticed a HUGE push in the advertising of levi's recently? with huge emphasis on the USA aspect? If they kept production in the states to begin with, I would have never sought japanese brands.:(

I think most of the raw LVC stuff is all US made.

It was popular in early rock and roll culture to buy your levi's sized down or to have them tailored for a tighter leg fit, the best part is the rise is still high so your balls don't get squished. I'm into it, I want to replicate that.

Oh well.

I realize this but, if I was going to do that I'd rather have it done myself - to my specifications, rather than a mass produced "customized" fit.

201s are hotsie-totsie.

I got mine probably a size too large, but they do make a BOLD statement, and I wouldn't trade now for a more fitted pair.

Hotsie Totsie .... i am just taking notes.

Roy, them shits look good. I like the single large cuff.

^^^ Thanks, you three.

Incidentally, speaking of the cuff, I've been cuffing everything higher lately and noticed that it seems to partially cure knee-bulge, as the cuff doesn't rest on the boot-top or ground, and pulls the lower leg straighter.

A nice, unexpected plus.

New work pants, soaked and about to get broken in- 2007 201s:

4984641178_b8cc64e5cd_b.jpg

Nice fit Roy, good drape and just the right amount of turn-up. Did you go with the 33 again? I have exactly the same 2007 pair 'ready for work' (one soak and one wash) in a 34/34. As soon as my 201xx have been finished with (soon I hope), i'll be breakin in those 201's.

(cant +rep you again so soon.)

Nice cuffs, Roy. I picked up my '47s in a 38 inseam to roll some large folsoms.

Speaking of those '47s, I've been soaking them the last couple nights, to have some crispy jeans on hand (my contest 44s are getting pretty beat). I did a second soak because the shrinkage didn't seem to line up with what I've read about them. What do you know, the second soak took out another inch in the inseam and 1/2" in the waist! Didn't even wear em, just drip dried and resoaked. I think I'll do at least one more after seeing that.

unionmadegoods has some new stuff up. It looks like part of the LVC line now includes totes and belts. Aside from the work they're doing on the raw jeans and a few select tops, I'm not sure I'm feeling the direction the collection is going. I fear its starting to move away from its original intent...away from exact reproductions from the archives and more towards producing "vintage inspired" pieces.

The belts and bags are examples, as well as the "Short Horn" cotton flannel:

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/Levis_Vintage_Clothing_Shorthorn_Plaid_in_Washed_Navy_Flannel_326.html

I certainly could be mistaken, but that doesn't look like anything that would have come from the "Western Wear" line. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a reproduction of an authentic Levi garment?

unionmadegoods has some new stuff up. It looks like part of the LVC line now includes totes and belts. Aside from the work they're doing on the raw jeans and a few select tops, I'm not sure I'm feeling the direction the collection is going.

I don't care for the amount of pre-worn or customized I'm seeing. But, if that's what sells the best, that's what they're going to produce.

If for no other reason than I have a source for my favorite jeans, I hope they continue to succeed. However, I'm not sure we can label this new direction a success quite yet.

To be honest, it doesn't seem like LVC, or this "XX" project as a whole, has much of a direction at all. I think that's one of the problems I have with it. I'm afraid that they're taking a risk by focusing so much attention on this massive non-denim, vintage-inspired collection. The way I understand it, the brass of Levi created this "XX" sub-brand as a sort of last ditch effort to keep LVC going. If this new approach fails, I fear that the ability to purchase a pair of authentic Levi repros will be gone.

Used to be that I was good for at least one or two non-denim purchases a season from LVC. Best of luck to them, but they haven't done anything lately that would cause me to go beyond a pair of their jeans every couple years.

I don't care for the amount of pre-worn or customized I'm seeing. But, if that's what sells the best, that's what they're going to produce.

As an example, the Japanese are producing jeans from 15-30 ozs denim. This trend towards heavy, durable cloth makes sense at many levels: comfort, aesthetics and economics. We have discussed the enhanced comfort of heavy cloth in cold weather climates (not San Francisco), but there is also an argument that heavy cloth drapes better, takes on a deeper patina (fade) and therefore is more aesthetically pleasing. And heavyweight cloth lasts longer, an important economic advantage in this time of crisis.

i wouldnt say heavier cloth has anything to do with patina or draping....especially not drapping, if anything it kind of sits there..

@Eltopo: you couldn't have found a better scenery! Outta rep for you though...

I am not sure eltopo is of this earth. He seems to stand out from his surroundings, almost luminous, like an emissary from an advanced alien civilisation who has come to study us. (And his pants look good.)

zeen, that's a great looking jacket! very nice pick up. just out of curiosity, where was it made? i'm still waiting for my '47s... as an aside, i received my billy reid x levi's denim shirt today. since it's not lvc, for anyone interested i posted some pics of my favorite details in the BR FW 2010 thread.

Made in Turkey. The material is stiff as hell. They are still drying from their initial soak. Despite the initial soak, they are still hard as hell..

@Eltopo : Nice fit as usual!

I call foul - he says he's in ohio but there ARE HILLS IN THE BACKGROUND! Must be green screen effects

Ha! Rivet Head is right though, there are some hills in eastern Ohio. It's funny though, leaving NW PA (near I-90) it flattens out damn quick right when you hit the Ohio border! Little hillier further south, along I-80.