Levi's Vintage Clothing

Fuck, LVC only started because Evis gave them a kick in the arse.

No. Levi's were producing replicas in Japan before Evis were. They might have always dished out marketing spin, but stayed clear of outright lies, as purveyed by Evis. Do you not think Evis - who don\t have the best professional reputation - are focused on anything but making money?

Levi's 514 Selvedge

Purchased March 22,2010

0 Washes, 0 Soaks, splashed at the beach a few times, spilled various condiments, beverages, and even got hit by a bit of yellow lacquer that was a b*tch to remove.

1 Month:

img6782.jpg

5 Months:

tumblr_l6tm5iHumR1qc1zr8o1_500.jpg

16 hours/day, lots of driving, programming, and sitting in lectures.

copy from evolution of denim thread

Fuckin' 'ell , do you think Levi's give a shit about their "heritage"?

Look, love to all you Americans, but I think your patriotism is clouding your thinking.

Why did Levi's give up the big E, why did they abandon selvedge, why did they outsource manufacture to the 3rd world. Like every other jeans company they thought about nothing else than selling the cheapest- to- make product en masse for the most money.

Fuck, LVC only started because Evis gave them a kick in the arse. Then , when Levi's had the Motherlode, the Mecca of jeans-manufacture making exactly what we all wanted at Valencia St, EVEN THEN when they had the golden egg they sacked it and thought they could fob us all off with shit made all over the place.

Don't you understand, these people know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. The cunts never realised what they had with the original LEVI'S and they went down exactly the same road with LVC.

Forget it, they are not worth it, Fuck 'em.

I don't know where the company is at now but I remember reading many years ago Levi really tried to hang on manufacturing in the US until they just couldn't compete anymore. At that point their competition was J.C. Penney, etc. which is still is.

Right now Levi seems to be making some smart moves marketing wise.

In terms of leaving selvedge behind I don't think anybody gave it a thought back then it was all just getting the cost down to get the economies of scale. It's a scary place out there. Most people are blobs of goo looking for the cheapest most comfortable thing (big, baggy) they can find.

It's a shame they didn't appreciate what they had, authentic or real jeans, but that's not what the US is about or maybe what we became about. We became all about cheap, cheap, cheap and mass market. You look at some of our iconic industries: food, cars, jeans and we became all about barfing out junk as fast as possible.

It's depressing here now it sounds like the wacko Republicans are looking at taking back a lot of the congress. People expect Obama to turn around 30 years of greed and short term thinking in 2. Scary stuff. And they still don't think straight everybody resents having their job outsourced but they keep buying Chinese stuff because it's cheap. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Yo help me out:

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-1955-501-Jean/invt/lev0608blu

http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Levis-Vintage-Clothing-Pitchfork-2-34-Length-Turn-Up-Jeans/invt/lev0096rig

Looks like the cuts on these 55's are re-worked? Anyone got a back story?

I would love that cut in raw denim, somebody help me lol.

I would love that cut in raw denim, somebody help me lol.

those are one of Levi's "customized" pairs. I don't really get the appeal behind them, it just seems like they made them to cater to people who don't want to wear a vintage 501 but have lots of money. I dont think you're gonna be able to find them raw.

those are one of Levi's "customized" pairs. I don't really get the appeal behind them, it just seems like they made them to cater to people who don't want to wear a vintage 501 but have lots of money. I dont think you're gonna be able to find them raw.

It was popular in early rock and roll culture to buy your levi's sized down or to have them tailored for a tighter leg fit, the best part is the rise is still high so your balls don't get squished. I'm into it, I want to replicate that.

Oh well.

I did that with my denime standard xx's and it turned out fucking awesome. You really can't find a high rise skinny jean out there as is.
That sounds good, you got a picture of the fit? could you keep the selvedge with that much cutting involved?
You could take the Warehouse 800 and size down. High rise and on the slimmer side to begin with compared to Denime XX

You have a point, but I'd rather it was Levi's

I agree that there's an honourable tradition of narrowing your pants. I like the cut, they've long done modified variants in the washed jeans, as long as you can still get the original version I think it's a cool idea.

If Paul T is down with me bastardizing some LVC's then it must be good to go, hopefully I'll get it done one way or another.

You could take the Warehouse 800 and size down. High rise and on the slimmer side to begin with compared to Denime XX

This. I'm 6'4 and anything with a rise under 11.25 kills me. At the same time I'm thin and want a nice slim jean. That's why I went with the 800's.

Hey all-- friendly sale alert in case anyone is interested. I just ordered a pair of LVC '47 STF from Lark in Vancouver. They've got some of the '67 505s on sale as well. The shipping module on their website has been funky for awhile but i just spoke with Veronika over the phone and we straightened it out. I'd call to order or just to speak with her-- super cool and friendly, as well as a denim enthusiast herself. She educated me with a brief history of Levi's zippers... what a babe.

Hopefully no one gets stressed over posting this here, but for the guys who know who Billy Reid is, he just released a collab with Levi's that has a couple of pieces that look great. The twill hunting coat w/ the canvas duck apron and the duck lined denim shirt look crazy, and they definitely have the vintage thing going on. Apparently inspired by the Levi's archives and made in the USA (although I didn't see specifics about the denim). I already ordered the denim workshirt.

http://www.billyreid.com/?action=levis#203.1351