Levi's Vintage Clothing

• 2 weeks later...

Do all LVC 1960 501Z have 30" inseams?

Have been informed they are 32", however the MIJ measure actual label size on waist so need to size up for STF.

Is the stitching white on this model?

Edited by cool_hand

On 10/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, JMS said:

Do we have any idea of where these new MiJ jackets have their denim sourced from? 

I think this was probably answered, indirectly if not directly, but it’s from Kaihara mills.

• 2 weeks later...

Those 37s aren’t the standard pair, they’re another limited edition cash-in with all the text on the patch, tab, hardware, etc in Japanese, like the recent  71 pair (I think) they released. The regular Japanese-made line is considerably cheaper.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Anyone know which LVC 501 has deep front pockets. i have a pair of 1966 which i though was the perfect denim for me in terms of a classic fit. but when i put my phone in my front pocket it digs into my hip when i sit down which is very annoying to the point i have stored them away and gone back to my edwin pair. i trying to find out of the 1947 has deeper pockets even. I do not have this issue with my momotaro or edwin.

I know Japanese brands are better quality than LVC, but I just love how Levis Jeans fit (at least on me). 

My 2 best fitting jeans are LVC (absolute number one being the 1947). I love my japanese jeans too, but they never nail the fit as Levis does, especialy in the butt area.

Japanese jeans tend to look "flat" (flat butt, flat thigh etc.) The Levis gets more "in shape" around the body/legs (if that makes sense), resulting in a better, more sexy silhouette.

Edited by DavidThoreau

@DavidThoreau I’ll give my two cents on this (which no one asked for :))

I think I might know the reason. LVC aren’t really accurate repro - the 47 you mention are slimmed down materially. The 54 and 66 have pretty aggressive tapers. The most stark example of this are my LVC 47 next to my SC 47 - it’s hard to believe they’re repro’ing the same jean. All this means that when compared to similar models of Japanese makers, who consider fit as equally important as whether a jean uses period correct rivets, actuates etc, LVC tend to fit how you’ve described above. 

It may be worth looking at some of the modified Japanese jeans as opposed to straight repro to get the best of both worlds for you - TCB often do slimmed down versions of their cuts and Warehouse do slimmer jeans. You probably know all this anyway! 

3 hours ago, unders said:

@DavidThoreau I’ll give my two cents on this (which no one asked for :))

I think I might know the reason. LVC aren’t really accurate repro - the 47 you mention are slimmed down materially. The 54 and 66 have pretty aggressive tapers. The most stark example of this are my LVC 47 next to my SC 47 - it’s hard to believe they’re repro’ing the same jean. All this means that when compared to similar models of Japanese makers, who consider fit as equally important as whether a jean uses period correct rivets, actuates etc, LVC tend to fit how you’ve described above. 

It may be worth looking at some of the modified Japanese jeans as opposed to straight repro to get the best of both worlds for you - TCB often do slimmed down versions of their cuts and Warehouse do slimmer jeans. You probably know all this anyway! 

I agree with your 2 cents. Make sense. 

What I'm trying to say is, butt fit might be overlook sometime in the denim community, and when I get ask, I can't lie, I always tell LVC fit great (better) in that area.

I remember back when the Denimbro forum was going strong there were a number of devotees of the LVC 47 fit.

I also liked the LVC 44. 

Edited by CSL

Do LVC reproductions have raised belt loops? From pictures it looks like they don’t. I’m just wondering why lost Japanese reproductions have it then. Or is LVC overlooking this detail?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 3:41 AM, DavidThoreau said:

I know Japanese brands are better quality than LVC, but I just love how Levis Jeans fit (at least on me). 

My 2 best fitting jeans are LVC (absolute number one being the 1947). I love my japanese jeans too, but they never nail the fit as Levis does, especialy in the butt area.

Japanese jeans tend to look "flat" (flat butt, flat thigh etc.) The Levis gets more "in shape" around the body/legs (if that makes sense), resulting in a better, more sexy silhouette.

I completely agree. LVC 501 can't be beat for fit. my momotaros give of the flat ass look even though i have decent atleast average glutes, then when i get into my lvc 1966 it's a whole different look also how the legs go around. my wharehouse denim gives off that levis look but not as good but pretty close, the lot 900. too bad i sized down on them