Levi's Vintage Clothing

paul need help i got a pair off someona a 1 pocket cinchback woth no belt loops

blue selvdge line on outseam and yellow selvedge line on lighter pocket.

patch is leather with 2 horse pulling a pair but no size or 501 pr no2 indicated

single needle no chainstitch ehats this model?

I randomly stumbled upon it on Wikipedia, so the years could certainly be off, but it looks like 1890 (or thereabouts) may be the year the 501 was first released, but the patent for riveted work pants had been around since 1873.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't compare them to the current model, but compared to my other pairs of recently made LVC 501s, construction is bit better, and denim is much better.  Tight weave and very dark, hard wearing indigo.  I imagine they're similar to SDA in that respect.  After four months of being worn two or three days a week, there's only the slightest hint of some wear.  I really like the cut, and if they were about a half inch bigger in the area from the tops of the front pockets on up, I'd be wearing them every day.  

IDK if it's any help for you but when I need to stetch out a waist,or am afraid after shrinking that the waist will be too small I wrap a towel around my waist before I pull up my pants and wear them wet until they dry and they tend to come out great for me. I actually end up sizing down my waist on LVC every time and it stretches out to roomy while everything else shrinks.

Anyways, that's my two cents if it helps.

I have no experience in a pair of LVC and I am looking forward to get a selvedge washed denim for the summer. Is it worth getting? They usually don't come in cheap. Hopefully some input. Thanks!

http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/levis-vintage-clothing/products/1947-501xx-electric[/img]

Looking to get a pair of that

I have no experience in a pair of LVC and I am looking forward to get a selvedge washed denim for the summer. Is it worth getting? They usually don't come in cheap. Hopefully some input. Thanks!

http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/levis-vintage-clothing/products/1947-501xx-electric[/img]

Looking to get a pair of that

If you spent that amount of money on those particular jeans you deserve to be beaten with a big stick.

Any ideas for a good washed selvedge?

I have a pair of Triple Works TW-634S, and have no problem with them. I got them fairly cheap on ebay and I'm not sure that I would pay full price for them but if you're going to spend a couple of hundred on a pair, the Triple Works line might be a good option for you to check out.

I picked up a pair of washed '54 501ZXX for my girlfriend for $75.  Are they worth that? Yes.  The usual asking price for washed LVC 501s is over $300, and they are not worth that.   

Did you happen to see any raws of that cut wherever you bought those?

Crosspost from "Evolution of Jeans":

These LVC 1955 cut 501s are what I wear around the house, they've seen some serious netflixing, walking the dog and mowing the lawn  B) I got them deadstock in January, they're made in U.S.A. (555 code on button). They've seen 4 months of wear all in all, but tons of washes since somehow I always manage to stain them with something. The top block is starting to show some fading, but the relaxed cut isn't great for getting honeycombs with all the frequent washing. I don't really mind though. The denim is relatively hairy, the pics don't really do it justice.

DlS6T4sl.jpg

kCXVZTpl.jpg

rw6v6exl.jpg

sosOHknl.jpg

W9xi9k0l.jpg

Fit pics:

xR6PYftl.jpg

znGri7Nl.jpg

Nice to see some love for the "555" era LVC's for a change. I have a similar pair myself, they are amazing and so comfortable. If you have washed yours a few times I'd say the roping on them is amazing, as these seem to "give good rope" from the get go.

An old article from denimhunters.com paying tribute to a similar pair, with some nice pics.

from the pics above they seem to have been hememd with a lock stitch

They have been hemmed, although not by me. According to the seller they had been bought in 1996, soaked once and then hemmed to 34" inseam (original inseam was 40" according to tag) before being shelved.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo i think these are filthy enough

1955, LVC sads not OG.

seven months almost everyday wear

3ce6a655-c380-4d94-bb0b-969505e91e1f_zps

no soak

41f0eadb-94cd-462e-8b1e-f089eb160b70_zps

655ec8d0-6b59-42f6-9c85-4dd08432348c_zps

b0b39c2b-b00d-48a4-952a-3966c189bb47_zps

72829ec0-7470-4c0c-b243-1a930731d1e3_zps

IMG_1595_zpsc8637198.jpg

Went supersize on these (38x36) because.. i was bored of regular sized jeans. Had to resew the bar tack at the base of the fly after me and my buddy got into them at the same time.  :ph34r2: