Levi's Vintage Clothing

I thinking about getting LVC 505 1967 rigid, made in turkey, is this a good quality product? how would you compare to 3 sixteen qualitywise?

cheers

They are a quality product, however, I'd rate 3sixteen as superior (my personal opinion, but I have owned both). Ultimately, though, it's about how you want them to fit. The 505's are going to be a more vintage fit, even if you size em trim, the 3sixteens are a more modern fit - lower waist, lower pocket position (due to yoke differences).

Hi, can anyone help me ID these? I found these in a thrift shop, and they look intriguing. Sorry in advance if this post is too image-heavy but i want to show the details essential for IDing and dating them. 

LV70-1_zps534759ab.jpg

Front, with flower embroidery. If you look closely you will see that the other side of the lap area also has a trace of the embroidery. I guess it has been worn off.

LV70-10_zps0cc141b2.jpg

Back, patch is unfortunately gone, making ID difficult for a novice like myself. From the shape of the back pocket though I figure this is kid's Levi's. 

Now the hardwares. 

LV70-4_zpse302fb92.jpg

Button

LV70-6_zpsb4ccaaf6.jpg

Back of button

LV70-5_zps7b32370a.jpg

Talon Zipper

LV70-3_zps664792e6.jpg

Dome rivet, no hidden rivet

LV70-7_zps13bce97e.jpg

Back of rivet

Other details

LV70-12_zps5f995470.jpg

Red tab front. Small e

LV70-13_zps90bc5395.jpg

Back

LV70-8_zps561c8d2a.jpg

Red line selvedge, faded out

From what I figured so far, they have details matching levi's made between 1971-1982. Unfortunately all internal and care tags are gone and there is nothing printed on pocket bag. There is a white tab with 'Robin Gaye Eisenberg' written in red, which is probably the name of the previous owner. My guess is they are probably kid's line Levi's made between 1971-1982. Anyone else care to join in? Also, does anyone know how much these are worth?

Your 505s probably aren't any different than the current LVC 501s.  LVC likes to price their jeans like they're a premium product, when in all honestly they really aren't worth more than $130.  I may pick up another pair of '66s if I catch them on sale somewhere, but I've lost most of my interest in the brand.  There's too many other guys doing a better job, and with the weak yen, at a better price.  

Yes, I agree, I am looking for a brand in the LVC 505 price range with a 32 inseam and a clean design, would you know something like that? I know of 3sixteen, NSDG, Tellason, Japan Blue etc. but all the custom chainstich thing drive me a bit nuts, I would love to buy quality products like that ready to wear. I know the shops can do the hemming, but the results can a bit shitty some times. 

Yes, I agree, I am looking for a brand in the LVC 505 price range with a 32 inseam and a clean design, would you know something like that? I know of 3sixteen, NSDG, Tellason, Japan Blue etc. but all the custom chainstich thing drive me a bit nuts, I would love to buy quality products like that ready to wear. I know the shops can do the hemming, but the results can a bit shitty some times. 

I ordered Rogue Territory Stantons direct from the company, and requested a hemming, which, since I ordered them direct, was free, and their hem job is essentially the same as original. I realize this isn't exactly ready to wear, but I can vouch for the results (As I can for the 3:sixteens I bought from SelfEdge).

they're supposed to shrink down to 33.5" inseam according to Denime's website, so you'll still need a hem.  But for the $100 you're saving buying them rather than LVC, you can find someone to hem them well.  

http://www.denimio.com/Denime-b-273/Denime-66--RIGID-DENIM-50110015-p-9834.html

Your 505s probably aren't any different than the current LVC 501s.  LVC likes to price their jeans like they're a premium product, when in all honestly they really aren't worth more than $130.  I may pick up another pair of '66s if I catch them on sale somewhere, but I've lost most of my interest in the brand.  There's too many other guys doing a better job, and with the weak yen, at a better price.  

Same goes for their shirts too IMO. I recently returned a black rodeo shirt because it was so disappointingly made, ugly plastic buttons and a really weird feel to the fabric, way too expensive even when on sale. And just yesterday I ripped out one of the pocket snap buttons on my '55 sawtooth shirt just by opening the flap (ridiculous when it happens on the fourth or fifth wear of the shirt).

Ok, this sounds way too harsh, I have another LVC chambray shirt that I like a lot (two-tone orange tab western shirt, made in USA), and I do enjoy the jeans, although I'd never pay full retail for them either. I do agree that LVC is way, WAY overpriced though.

Edited by Cucoo

I'm a bit puzzled here so I am reaching out. I bought an LVC Type 3 1967 jacket off eBay. The seller is not new, has lots of sales (almost 100% positive feedback) and no claims of counterfeit products. After I got the jacket I became curious about a couple of things. Everything I describe should be visible in the photos.

• The red tab is much wider than any other red tab I've ever owned
  • This 1967 red tab is only 1 sided
  • The white tag sewn on the inside of the waist says Levi's, (not LVC and without the silver thread I have known on my other LVC products.)
  • When I emailed LVC directly about #3 (with the photos of both sides of the white tag) they responded saying "this would not be an LVC product based on the tag."

Pictures:
00D9B7E8-A01B-4B1C-A836-E5A1D3888771_zpsAE71D193-552D-4190-91FE-9CC3BA8A5EE6_zps6A192F67-A1E4-4083-A447-EBF1283A98B9_zps189A63D9-4B1B-404B-ADE2-C68A4B282B42_zpsE8C649E5-8EA6-4D20-87BB-DF9538D1C481_zps

These are my thoughts/rationalizations:

• I thought maybe someone in the factory made a mistake and cut & sewed it on too wide.
  • Perhaps this was a mistake of the last "LEVI's" printed on that ribbon of red tabs. Like when you print a piece of paper, there is a margin, perhaps I got the last "LEVI'S" and then the other side is just the margin?
  • I did some searching about "the Levi's tag on LVC products" and read that some LVC products made for sale in Levi's stores (most likely in 2007-2008) had been made with Levi's tags. This jacket came with a mini pamphlet saying Fall 2007. Maybe that fits, if that info is indeed correct. See link at bottom under EXTRA INFO.
  • Maybe some newbie over at LVC just saw the picture I sent and said, "well it says Levi's not LVC" so..."it's not LVC based on the tag."

I am wondering if anyone can help me find out if the things I've noticed are just mistakes, hopefully rare ones that just came together nicely on my jacket? Or is this a dreaded counterfeit jacket? I really would appreciate any help/leads/new ideas anyone could contribute. And a preemptive thank you for the time anyone spends helping me on this.

EXTRA INFO

-The buttons are imprinted with an R-supposed to be Taylor Togs I believe.

-post talking about other LVC products with Levi's tag:  http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/131739-levis-vintage-clothing/page-115

-If this jacket is a fake, then it would be a very good one

427D36F6-BEB6-48D9-A009-425BA66A25CB_zps

Edited by qrlos

The only thing I can add to this is that I recently bought a 1955 Sawtooth shirt by LVC that says "10% shrinkage" on the tag also but did not shrink one iota yet after four or five washs. 

Oh, the wide red tab could just be within error margins. I have a 1955 501 that also has a wider tab than any other LVCs and Levi's I own.

Im a bit curious about the "...without the silver thread I have known on my other LVC products" comment. I'm by no means an LVC expert but i'm quite confident my 1947 501XX are authentic since I bought them at Union Square SF location in 2011. Still, I can't find some kind of silver thread anywhere on the tags. Where exactly is this silver thread typically found...?

Like levis told you, that tag is not a lvc tag.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but check out this link it has a pair of LVC jeans with Levi's tag that everyone agrees is not fake. http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/131739-levis-vintage-clothing/page-115

It's the post from fattybfat #3432

Edited by qrlos

Old Valencia St LVC will have a silver edge along the tag.  More current stuff (within the past 7 years) is different.

The tag on the jacket is a standard Levis tag, not LVC.  And LVC would use the Lot # on the tag, not Type III.  The red tab should have Levis on both sides, and the lettering and tag material looks different from the two others it's photographed with.

Real LVC 557s are sanforized, and not supposed to shrink. But as mentioned a page ago, LVC put "Will shrink 10%" labels and tags on items that aren't going to shrink.   

That's kind of what I was thinking, but check out this link it has a pair of LVC jeans with Levi's tag that everyone agrees is not fake. http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/131739-levis-vintage-clothing/page-115

It's the post from fattybfat #3432

That jacket may be from 2005 or 2006 then.  If so, I'm wrong, and for a  year or two they used tags completely different from what was used before or since.      

Im a bit curious about the "...without the silver thread I have known on my other LVC products" comment. I'm by no means an LVC expert but i'm quite confident my 1947 501XX are authentic since I bought them at Union Square SF location in 2011. Still, I can't find some kind of silver thread anywhere on the tags. Where exactly is this silver thread typically found...?

See the line of silver thread on the edges? its only on LVC products that have those type of tags. I'm trying to determine, but I believe not all LVC products have these type of tags.

34794364-7976-4C6E-935A-70CEA6499E3C_zps