Levi's Vintage Clothing

Paul, are you sure Levis with 'R' are from 2007? I have two pairs, one 1933's and one 1901's, both with 'R' on the top button - they were purchased by me from Cinch in spring 2004. They still have tags and booklet, both of which date them to '04.

Someone else mentioned their 07 ones were marked R but I'm ready to stand corrected. Is a code, such as 643M, on the internal tag, please?

Someone else mentioned their 07 ones were marked R but I'm ready to stand corrected. Is a code, such as 643M, on the internal tag, please?

Paul,

I'll have to get the 'suitcases' out and double check. It seemed to go 554 in early '03, 643M and R in 2004 (then blank until my 1927's when 233M appears, and now 4170 on the 1917's. Get back to you soon. By the way, as a Newbie to this site, where does a guy go to lay his 'Soul open' (list his collection). I'm a traditionalist (Levis/Lee?Wrangler), so would this Lvc thread be appropriate for my stuff? Here's hopin'..

Paul,

I'll have to get the 'suitcases' out and double check. It seemed to go 554 in early '03, 643M and R in 2004 (then blank until my 1927's when 233M appears, and now 4170 on the 1917's. Get back to you soon. By the way, as a Newbie to this site, where does a guy go to lay his 'Soul open' (list his collection). I'm a traditionalist (Levis/Lee?Wrangler), so would this Lvc thread be appropriate for my stuff? Here's hopin'..

THanks for that info. My 'R' jeans are 2006, with 643M on the tag, so the R and 643M button codes seem to overlap between approx 2004 and 2007, probably all made by Taylor Togs. I've updated my 501 FAQ and will load it on to the site later.

I would post all your jeans on this thread - then perhaps post any choice Lee or Wrangler on the specific thread. Looking forward to seeing them!

40in inseam is for ganstas only. Big and Bigger cuffs.

Ok Paul, glad to be of some help, especially as you are deemed 'the knowledge' on this site!

Here goes... my Lvc Levis jeans, apart from my 1927's + 1917's,(previously mentioned) :-

1880, there is no booklet, but - s1 08, 643M on inside label

1886, booklet says s/s 05, 643M on inside label

1890, " " s/s 05, 643M " " "

1901, " " fall 04, 643M " " " (R on top button)

1929, " " s/s 05, 643M " " " (..the ones they messed up, with the 'diamonds' on the arcuates)

1933, " " spring 04, 643M " " " (R on top button)

1933, " " fall 04, 643M " " " (no # on button!)

1944, " " s/s 05, 643M " " "

1944, " " fall 03, NO 643M on inside label, 554 on top button

1955 " " fall 03, " " " " " , 554 on top button

1955 x 2 " " s/s 05, 643 on inside label

I also had a pair of 1901's and a pair of 1937's , from Cinch, purchased in 2004, both with 643M on the top button! Both were sold last year. All the rest are 555, valencia street made, apart from my 1901'duck' overalls which were made in turkey and have no real identification numbers to speak of ( Christ, I'm a real denim- geek)

Hope this helps?

Hopefully get some photos on next week (.. a fair bit to go on! )

p.s.can I list my lvc jackets here too?

There is not a levi's store around me so i purchased this from a seller on ebay, can someone let me know is it legit? It has a slim selvedge, coin selvedge and hidden rivets, leather patch and on the back of the top button stamped "R" whether than 555 or some number, not an expert on levis so someone please help

2i70r54.jpg

xe338i.jpg

zvpyfp.jpg

2rzx55i.jpg

316w3f7.jpg

fatty:

I think those are the Levis Big E series and not LVC's...

Happy,

please explaine the difference of Big E series and LVCs.. i am confuse now..

i received the little booklet that said " Levi's vintage clothing, 47 501 replica" (3rd pics)..

so anyway, what did i bought? :confused:

It's completely legit LVC. Fall of 2006. Probably made by Taylor togs. THey will be part of the stock that was sold off when LVC ceased being stocked in most Levi's stores.

I'm fairly certain they will be undersize, so respect to you for having a 29 inch waist!

I bought these from Cultizm last year, gave them a soak, and...never wore them. They are beautiful, just not what I am wearing these days. I'll likely sell them on soon, but I wanted to post pictures for posterity. I have a couple other items too - a LVC wartime type I jacket, and a LVC type II. But for now, here are the 505 pics:

Front:

DSCN1816.jpg

Back:

DSCN1822.jpg

Patch:

DSCN1820.jpg

Zipper:

DSCN1824.jpg

Cuff:

DSCN1819.jpg

Red Tab:

DSCN1821.jpg

Denim Detail Shots:

DSCN1818.jpg

DSCN1817.jpg

Overall, I really like the denim on these - Kaihara denim really seems to be great stuff.

-Jake

Paul, I've given a list of my post 555 jeans, earlier in this thread, with booklet dates, inside tag #'s (643M), and top button #'s or letters. I think it's interesting to note the changeover seems to be 2004 - If you take the 1933's, spring 04 has 'R' on the top button, whereas fall 04 has a blank. Also, every season after also has blank on the reverse on the top button. Maybe the US Lvc continued to have 'R' marked on the buttons until 2006/7? Is this something that could be confirmed by Taylor Togs?

guys im new to this id like to purchase a real 47 cut 501xx what specific most nearest to the real 47501xx model should i get from cultizism?? help!

Is this a trick question, Ed? The '47 cut, of course (look for 1947 Dry Goods 501xx LVC on Cultizm.com).

I have the LVC '47 and the LVC '55. The cut on the '55s seems closer to my Sugar Cane 1947s, which is supposed to be very authentic.

I own a pair of the 47's... and I'm actually wearing them right now. They aren't bad with shrinkage in the waist as much as they are in the length. As standard with purchasing LVC's, you'll want to go true to waist with 2-4 inches extra length in the inseam, depending how you want to cuff them. You could probably stretch a good inch out of the waist if you want to size down and have them fit snug, but they are already the slimmest fitting pair of 501's I've ever seen. I soaked in mine to make sure they didn't shrink more than I wanted them to. Actually, Levi's has re-released the 1947 501 fit as a new dry selvedge jean for their mainline (it costs $100, and I think it's only available in the San Fran flagship store). They've also released a new selvedge 501 fit called "perfect worn", which I picked up a pair of because they were only $60 with my discount. They're decent, but they aren't dry which sort of ruins them a bit in my mind. I work for Levi's, and we actually have 3 or 4 pairs of the 47's in our store for $80 (on in 32x34 though). Levi's is actually, to debunk the myths that have been going around, going to discontinue the LVC line and the Capital E Line (this is according to the flagship store manager in San Francisco). I suppose it's for economy reasons, but I'm sure they'll replace them soon with some new line of high quality (hopefully selvedge) denim. But to everyone's dismay, Levi's isn't going to be reproducing old jeans anymore. Buy them while you can, they won't be around long. Seem's like now is a good time to release a new 201 for them, seeing as how the economy sucks like it did back in 1929.