Levi's Vintage Clothing

I still have an unworn (only tried on twice) LVC 1955 Sawtooth Western Denim Shirt. Size Medium. Willing to let it go at a fair price.

Hit me up via PM

Although it is a bit larger than what I'd call medium and one of the snap bases on the left pocket flap came off on mine, I'm really enjoying mine. Will wash again soon, maybe I'll post some evo pics then. The color changed to a richer blue after 8 wears and 3 washes.

The sizing tag on my LVC type 3 bought in 2008 has a numerical size ie 36 and not 'small.' Yours could be a fake..

I know that newer versions of LVC jackets have changed to Small, Medium, Large, etc instead of 36, 38, 30, etc. Does anyone know when this changed?

so...anybody erlse?

I think you might be a bit obsessed here. FWIW I don't think it's a fake, it just shows what happens when you outsource production of your "Brand" to so many different third party manufacturers, you get inconsistencies.

Unless you paid a bazillion bucks for it I wouldn't worry about it, not to mention putting the exact same post in two different threads.

I think you might be a bit obsessed here. FWIW I don't think it's a fake, it just shows what happens when you outsource production of your "Brand" to so many different third party manufacturers, you get inconsistencies.

Unless you paid a bazillion bucks for it I wouldn't worry about it, not to mention putting the exact same post in two different threads.

dude, we're on a blog for pants.

i'm not gonna speak for everyone else, but yes I'm obsessed.

and really I'm just trying to learn things about things I don't know/understand.

Looking at investing in a pair of LVC 1933's as my next pair. Really looking to get something classic work wear styled to pair with Pike Brothers '37 braces for when I'm not wearing heavier more modern jeans. Was looking into the 201's as well but cant seem to find a retailer for them in the UK that isn't double the price of the '33's

General concensus is go true to size so I'm going to go for a 32 waist. My my 47's are a tagged 34, and are a perfect fit, does that sound about right?

Edited by heyheyhey

Looking at investing in a pair of LVC 1933's as my next pair. Really looking to get something classic work wear styled to pair with Pike Brothers '37 braces for when I'm not wearing heavier more modern jeans. Was looking into the 201's as well but cant seem to find a retailer for them in the UK that isn't double the price of the '37's

General concensus is go true to size so I'm going to go for a 32 waist. My my 47's are a tagged 34, and are a perfect fit, does that sound about right?

That sounds right. I bought a pair maybe 2 months ago and sized up to a 32 (true waist is 31) for a baggier fit, and they sit at around a 33" waist right now. Really the best looking arcs of any year imo, and a pretty nice fit.

^ This may be of interest to you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370935703289?redirect=mobile

I actually found that after typing my post, and I'm really tempted. 1933's vs 201 is a really difficult decision. From what I've found on this thread, the 201 denim seems to have more respect and darker slightly heavier qualities, and the 201 seems to have a slightly tighter fit all round, while still holding a lot of the qualities of the '33's. 

Don't quite know how to compare the two to be honest.

Edited by heyheyhey

^Are you referring to the '37s or the '33s? I had always thought that the 1920s 201 and the 1933s were the baggiest of LVC's models, and that the '37s were significantly slimmer than either of them. As for comparing the 201 to the '33s, the denim on the 201 is significantly darker than the denim on the '33s. The '33s are more of a royal blue, while the 201 was almost as dark as my S0500xx that I had (didn't compare them side by side though, just from memory).

I think the 37s are looser than 33s but not as loose as 201s. I have 2 pairs of 37s and have tried on 33s. I used to have 201s but sized incorrectly and gave them away. 201s are very dark with a green cast to the denim, they won't shrink much at all, they're more like sanforized jeans in that respect. 201s are closer to the 33s in style with exposed back pocket rivets whilst the denim on the 33s and 37s is similar.

Have a look at these threads for more info, c/o Paul T:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/33596-levis-501-a-visual-guide/

http://www.trynka.net/trynka.net/Denim.html

I was under the impression it was the other way around, the 33's were the "baggiest" of the two (between 201's and '33's). Might do a little more searching before taking the plunge. Still loving the 33's though, there are some great pairs on show in this thread.

(Just to be clear I am not considering '37s right now as I want suspender buttons, but I have a feeling they are in my future.)

Edited by heyheyhey

Looks like the blog might have made the decision for me: 

"Levi’s 201 1922

Cut of LVC version: waist is narrow, these flare out more from the waist than the 1933 501, and feel very full around the top of the thighs. Along with the 1933 501, these jeans have the widest legs of any LVC."

I'm looking for a cut that is a bit tighter, generally not too baggy, so the '33's sound like the ticket. Searching through the thread I found so many posts regarding the 201's and they caused quite a fuss, beautiful things.

Looking at investing in a pair of LVC 1933's as my next pair. Really looking to get something classic work wear styled to pair with Pike Brothers '37 braces for when I'm not wearing heavier more modern jeans. Was looking into the 201's as well but cant seem to find a retailer for them in the UK that isn't double the price of the '37's

Your sizing should be good, I wear a 36 in the '33 and 38 in the '47.  The '33s are 1" bigger than tagged.  Not sure how much they will shrink because I always hand stretch the waist on mine back out while they are still wet.  The '33s are the widest leg of the 501s, and you will run out of waist room before you run out of room anywhere else.  

I bought a pair of '33s  at Inspiration LA and I love them. Took me a minute to get used to the high-waist/wide-leg, but they've become my go-to jeans when I'm not at work. The 10 .oz denim gets really soft and comfortable pretty quickly.

I have a 35" waist, so I got a 36 and they're a little bit loose, but I just make use of the back cinch. If you have a bit of a belly I would be cautious of sizing down because the fit is a bit high. 

Edited by erockisalive

Will the LVC 501 1978 Black Overdye shrink after wash?

I recently got both the Stonewash and the Dark Stonewash. They fit perfect and doesn't shrink. However, the Black Overdye pair I got is a bit wider and a bit longer than the other two pairs. Thought I might ask here before taking any chances. =)

Quick fit check on my 33's from my girlfriends place now I've got my Pike Brothers braces through. Haven't soaked them yet but they're a little snug in the waist, loose everywhere else, wondering if I should size up depending on shrinkage.

lotUxJK.jpg?2

JVTivNj.jpg?2

If the only place they're snug is the waist, then don't worry. With a hot wash they'll shrink 2 inches max and that'll stretch back to the raw measurement fairly quickly and without too much discomfort; it'll be made much easier and quicker through the lack of a belt too (I presume you don't intend to wear one). They look good to me but don't look like a particulary loose fit though. If you want a traditional loose fit, then you may wish to size up one or buy the 201s instead.