^^^

Does Abe still lurk this thread?! He must have heard our cries for a winter jacket. They updated the page to say it doesn't ship til January. *fingers crossed* it's warm enough.

Any reommendations for gloves? Warm, thin/good fit, water resistant, breathable, touchscreen compatible...

So I picked up the Nau Rheostat Jacket today and its a great fit, especially in the sleeves, but I'm thinking I might take it back and exchange it.

Like I said, it's a great fit, nice tailored cut (for a down jacket), but I have some issues with the body length. It stops right at my waist, which I imagine was the designers intention, but I'm just not used to having such a short jacket in general. This would be my first foray into urban techwear, but I'm strongly considering taking it back to get a longer coat from Patagonia, just because it doesn't seem useful without that additional body length.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to throw in?

anyone have the outlier nyco slims? thinking about buying since the price is tempting but want to ask how dark/light is the navy pair?

they're a mid to lighter navy. i just bought a pair after getting the olives from the original batch. they look and fit great + i spilled coffee on them at work and shit just wiped up without staining. a steal at the price compared to what's out there on the market now.

oh and re: the 21st cent windrunner, i saw a murdered out version at 21 mercer that doesn't seem to be on sale online. i wore the jacket biking in the dark and didn't have any breathability problems but it's not sold as breathable so wouldn't expect it. btw dude on my street said i lit up like a torch from 4 blocks away.

nsw made in italy stuff seems appropriate to this thread, will have to see if it ends up on sale.

So I picked up the Nau Rheostat Jacket today and its a great fit, especially in the sleeves, but I'm thinking I might take it back and exchange it.

Like I said, it's a great fit, nice tailored cut (for a down jacket), but I have some issues with the body length. It stops right at my waist, which I imagine was the designers intention, but I'm just not used to having such a short jacket in general. This would be my first foray into urban techwear, but I'm strongly considering taking it back to get a longer coat from Patagonia, just because it doesn't seem useful without that additional body length.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to throw in?

I have the Nau Urbane jacket from last year's run, I believe. I know they changed it for this year, but I'm not sure exactly what.

It could definitely do with an extra couple inches in the torso. Granted I'm tall (6'4'') but for a rain jacket, it's definitely short. That aside, it performs great considering it isn't GoreTex or eVent or something. I still like it

I just ordered the Highline Blazer on Gilt ($415 MSRP selling on there for $129). I'd had my eye on the Riding Jacket or Vice Blazer, but for that price, I couldn't pass it up.

Well... I guess I gained some weight. NYCO Slims going back to Outlier. I can't squeeze into a 30. Hopefully they have a 31 in Navy laying around.

The material is fantastic. Love the feel of it, how rigid, but comfortable it is, and the navy color is awesome. I might have to settle for the Olive if they don't have another 31 in Navy.

Same things for me, guess I gained some weight and can't squeeze into my Acr P9s, size S ; pm me if it may interest you

^ Curious why you're selling the stealth. It's always been one of the SISP pieces that I'd want if I made a purchase.

Updated og post with new pics on the TAD cargo pants. From what I hear the retail stores have different stock in comparison to what is available online if you don't see your size.

I am not entirely sure why to be honest, I just don't 'feel' it like other pieces, it might be just that be too conservative for my tastes, I don't know all the features should add up on paper and in the photos too, only when I wear it I do not feel as good as when I wear other pieces.

Not a particularly great explanation I know but it's all I have - plus I want another jacket more I suppose - that could be motivation enough for a wandering eye ?

There is no denying the remarkable fabric and construction especially the pocket layout etc...

does outlier stuff go on sale?

As long as you are on the lookout, they post sales through their twitter, and Sufu members are often kind enough to post the codes in the threads dedicated to sales/sale codes.

In other news, after 66 pages of urban techwear I am happy as a clam. So much learned about materials, many brands to explore, and so many pieces I am interested in.

what's the easiest way to get smells out of etaproof?

my jacket smells like cooked beef fat (which isn't totally bad ha)

but it's a bit heavy smelling

does this warrant a complete hand wash, hanging it in the shower, or am i ok spraying it with a scent?

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

What are your thoughts on high performace cotton fabrics (ventile, etaproof, outlier's "supermarine" cotton)? Do they work as advertised? What are the drawbacks?

I have an idea of using a natural water resistant fabric for a jacket, but from what I've gathered, this stuff is expensive to source

Those are all pretty much different trade names for the same long fibre, dense weave cotton fabric. Some have different DWR treatments, slightly heavier weave, etc-. abe or larssss could certainly break it down into more specifics than I. The recent Supermarine shirt that Outlier put out is a fairly heavyweight (I think they said Italian woven?) version - more so than what they've used in the past. It's def. stiffer than any Epic Nextec or Stotz Etaproof ACR gear I have. Given it's density, it's also slighly warmer (and less breathable) than if it was cut in normal Etaproof-

It's not a 3-layer laminate shell, but does just fine in a light drizzle. They'll all wet out with enough exposure. Certainly more comfortable and versatile than a hardshell (in typical Sufu applications at least).

Despite some manufacturers claims, you really should not look at 'performance' cotton as any sort of shell replacement. Cotton is a sensitive fibre that frays very rapidly and will not take a dwr finish anywhere near as well as nylon, nor will the dwr speed up cotton's inherently poor dry time. Laminating a cotton face fabric to a wpb membrane will of course yield a waterproof package, but vapor transmission will be extremely poor once the face fabric is saturated. Cotton is only more breathable than equivalent denier synthetics when dry. Once wet, the moisture absorbed in the fibre prohibits effective vapor transfer.